[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo Time

Grits and Shins

Romo will be a lot more fun to watch. And he will make some exciting plays and energize the team. But he isn't going to be leading this team to the promised land. The problems with the Cowboys are far beyond what Romo can cure.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should of made the change weeks ago, Bledsoe isn't going to do the Cowboys any good this year or ever. Romo is a young guy, play him and see what he can do. Only problem is, he'll get no help from Bledsoe the rest of the season. But what the hell, the Cowboys will probably be looking for a new coach and starting all over again next season anyway.

They should of made the change weeks ago, Bledsoe isn't going to do the Cowboys any good this year or ever. Romo is a young guy, play him and see what he can do. Only problem is, he'll get no help from Bledsoe the rest of the season. But what the hell, the Cowboys will probably be looking for a new coach and starting all over again next season anyway.

Say hello to Mr. Fisher. :D

I think there's a possibility that he was just showing mercy for Bledsoe, who could obviously not escape the blitz behind that porous line. It's possible that Bledsoe may be the starter again next week.

But, as uncharacteristic as this is for Parcells, I think that he's just given up on this team. Their O-line can't do anything right and look like the bums in Arizona. Their defensive front 7 can't stop the run to save their lives. He looked completely worn down and defeated in the post-game interview. I think that Romo's the starter from here on out and that The Tuna retires after this season.

As for Bledsoe, I think that he still has another year or two left in him. He's a competent QB if he has effective pass-blocking in front of him. But if he can't find a starting job next season, I think that he retires as well. I don't see him accepting a backup role after losing starting jobs to Brady and Romo.

I think this is one of the best posts I've ever read of yours. Great points, and I can't and wouldn't argue any of them.

I was going to say basically the same thing, but you said it all. :D

As a panther fan, I'm happy either way next week for Sunday Night football. Bledsoe is never ever EVER anything but terrible on the big national stage, and I'm sure Romo will not set the world on fire on his second start with Peppers in his face all night.

ALL YOU COWBOY HATERS KEEP HATING......AS A TRUE COWBOY FAN BLEDSOE LACKS CONFIDENCE, AS A 14 YEAR VET CONFIDENCE SHOULD'NT BE A PROBLEM .....I LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND AND THE PATRIOT FAN CAN ATTEST, HAVING BLEDSOE AS YOUR QUARTERBACK IS PURE AGONY.........GO ROMO....CHURCH

I may have found my next signature :D Yup...yup...I have.

ALL YOU COWBOY HATERS KEEP HATING......AS A TRUE COWBOY FAN BLEDSOE LACKS CONFIDENCE, AS A 14 YEAR VET CONFIDENCE SHOULD'NT BE A PROBLEM .....I LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND AND THE PATRIOT FAN CAN ATTEST, HAVING BLEDSOE AS YOUR QUARTERBACK IS PURE AGONY.........GO ROMO....CHURCH

My eyes are bleeding...

I dont even know why I'm going to actually reply to this, it's only asking for trouble..but here goes...

You seriously think Bledsoe lacks confidence? I think you couldn't be more off base here. It's compleltely obvious Bledsoe thinks he has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. Not just start, but win.

His body language was pretty sad on monday, but I think he's just so tired of making the mistakes, and not getting the time to throw, and taking ALL THE BLAME for everything bad that happens. The only break he got was when T.O. thought he was a rock star. The media forgot Bledsoe sucked for a week.

Bledsoe has had some great games this year, and shut the crowd right up when all this Romo hoopla started in the preseason.

I dont think confidence is his problem. I think there's alot of reasons why he sucks at certain times, which I wont get into, but I dont think confidence is one of them. Vets dont lose their confidence, they retire. They dont ever think they can't do it anymore. If they're a vet, and their getting up in the morning to start for an NFL team, they think they can win every game single handedly. Especially a vet with the stats and memories that Bledsoe has.

Bledsoe lacks alot of things, but confidence certainly is not one of them.

However, after his showing on MNF, he might be quite down and out, especially when the rug was pulled from him.

Im not annointing him the next Joe Montana..I know hes a rookie and we will see that many times from here on out..and im not unrealistic about the road Dallas has ahead of them this year..But there is no way we win tonight without romo..I counted about 7-10 plays that there is no way Bledsoe wouldve made..He eluded the rush..Hes getting everyone involved..He has rediscovered Witten..I know this may get bumped if romo craps the bed next week but after watching him tonight I stand behind my support of the move to Romo..

Edited by whomper

Romo faced a not-very-good Giants secondary playing very soft zone coverage last night when they were up by 19 in the third quarter. But, yeah, Romo looked like Brady Jr. throwing those 3 picks against them.

And isn't it something that all of the Cowboys homers just KNOW that Romo will do a much better job than Bledsoe. Because, you know, he did such a fantastic job against vanilla second-string defenses in the preseason. And, of course, he absolutely rocked last night. :D

Be careful of what you ask. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

:D

Im not annointing him the next Joe Montana..I know hes a rookie and we will see that many times from here on out..and im not unrealistic about the road Dallas has ahead of them this year..But there is no way we win tonight without romo..I counted about 7-10 plays that there is no way Bledsoe wouldve made..He eluded the rush..Hes getting everyone involved..He has rediscovered Witten..I know this may get bumped if romo craps the bed next week but after watching him tonight I stand behind my support of the move to Romo..

Exactly. I've said it before - Romo is much more elusive than Bledsoe, and he keeps drives alive. He may have had what, one 3 and out all game?

Happy TO and Witten owner as well.

I agree. I was skeptical when Bledsoe was pulled, did'nt know what to think actually. I liked what I saw of Romo tonight and hope he continues to play well. The jury's still out. But I like it so far. :D