[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Uses The Run And Shoot Effectively?

Danny Zuko

Everyone knows that the RBs get the most carries and are the most reliable and consistent point producers. I have no stud RB and am thinking of starting the Run And Shoot after the next bye week with my solid WRs Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, and Hines Ward. I don't know if I am playing with fire. Has anyone been successful using this strategy?

and you can't start a TE to be a true run and shoot

That's what I was about to get at - 1 RB 3 WR 1 TE is the old Joe Gibbs one-back offense.

Last week I went 2-TE in a league. I keep trying to let league allow the wishbone (or power-I if you want to refer to it that way) but nobody ever wants to.

Yeah I have a really hard time getting runningbacks in my dynasty league, so my plan has been to go with the 2 TE set for the future with either one or 2 runningbacks along with 1 or 2 wideouts. I have Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis, so that could be a good combo for the future. We can do the wishbone in my league, but I simply don't have 3 quality runningbacks to do it right now nor do I see myself having 3 anytime in the near future.

I've been employing the chuck and duck strategy in my keeper league for years, since it has been difficult to build a running back stable. I've been in the championship game 3 of the last 4 years, having won the last 2 years. I'm sticking with what works, for me. Buddy Ryan be damned!!!!

I think before going run-and-shoot, you have to look long and hard at if you're 3rd WR is better than your RB2.

My rule of thumb is RB > WR when it comes to the flex position, and I RARELY find a need to break it. I'd have to have a VERY strong WR group and a VERY poor RB2 before I'd feel very comfortable going with a one-back regularly.

My understanding is Run and Shoot is playing 3 WRs and 1 RB (assuming your league allows it) vs. the traditional 2 RB and 2 WR. Since RB get a big chunk of carries and WR are too unpredictable from week to week (look at gys like Moss and Galloway) most people say unless you have 3 studs at WR it's not a smart strategy.