[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo to start in Dallas

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, then we agree that you're not nearly as knowledgeable as you think that you are.

Looking to win: Bledsoe

Looking towards the future: Romo

I never claimed to know it all ... but I do have strong opinions.

Bledsoe is no more likely to get Dallas wins than Romo ... the fact that you are thinking so is where you are mistaken. Bledsoe crumbles under pressure, whether that be pressure from opposing defenses or whether it be the pressure to come from behind in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately Bledsoe was getting and was going to continue to get a heaping helping of both kinds of pressure. Bledsoe makes very poor decisions when under pressure and always has (deer in the head lights). The offensive line in Dallas isn't going to miraculously come together and give Bledsoe the time he needs to stand in the pocket in his concrete shoes and wait 10 seconds for a WR to come open. New England couldn't get the job done with Bledsoe, but the year Bledsoe got hurt Tom Brady took the same team to the promised land ... because Tom Brady is much more composed under pressure.

I will grant you that Bledsoe is the better QB now ... but ONLY if he can stand behind an offensive line that will give him 10 seconds to consider how he'd like to dispose of the ball. The Dallas O-line can't give him 2 seconds let alone 10.

Bledsoe crumbles under pressure, whether that be pressure from opposing defenses or whether it be the pressure to come from behind in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately Bledsoe was getting and was going to continue to get a heaping helping of both kinds of pressure. Bledsoe makes very poor decisions when under pressure and always has (deer in the head lights). The offensive line in Dallas isn't going to miraculously come together and give Bledsoe the time he needs to stand in the pocket in his concrete shoes and wait 10 seconds for a WR to come open. New England couldn't get the job done with Bledsoe, but the year Bledsoe got hurt Tom Brady took the same team to the promised land ... because Tom Brady is much more composed under pressure.

I don't need a history lesson on Bledsoe. I'm well aware of his career. And I'd like to add that NE won in 2001 on defense, special teams, and Antowain Smith's career year. While Brady is clearly a better decision-maker than Bledsoe, I don't buy the assertion that they wouldn't have won with Drew behind center in Weiss' conservative offense. Bledsoe could've easily thrown ONE touchdown against the good-but-not-great Rams offense in the SB and watched Ty Law to score the other. They had no trouble winning the AFC Championship Game with him.

Bledsoe is no more likely to get Dallas wins than Romo

And Romo is no more likely to get Dallas wins than Bledsoe. So why throw your veteran QB under the bus because the offensive line can't block?

I will grant you that Bledsoe is the better QB now ... but ONLY if he can stand behind an offensive line that will give him 10 seconds to consider how he'd like to dispose of the ball. The Dallas O-line can't give him 2 seconds let alone 10.

IMO, the only thing that Romo brings to the table is the ability to scramble out of the pocket and throw the ball away when the blitz comes, rather than take the sack. As a passer, he's inferior at this point in his career because he's going to make a ton of mistakes (yes, even more than Bledsoe).

My understanding is that the Cowboys are trying to win right now. If that's the case, you don't bench your veteran QB, create a massive QB controversey, and destroy team chemistry. Rumors have surfaced that Bledsoe may opt for retirement, rather than finish the season as a backup. If that happened and Romo were to go down with an injury (which is very probable behind that joke of a line), the Cowboys would be completely screwed.

Taking Bledsoe out at halftime was a reactionary, knee-jerk move by a pissed-off coach. IMO, Parcells gave up on his team at that point. He'll never admit it, but he's given up... it was clear as day to me in his voice and body language during the post-game interview. As poor a decision-maker as Bledsoe has been throughout his career, Parcells made a committment to him a couple of years ago. Ditching him now is nothing short of a panic move.

I like Romo. I think that he has skills-galore (hell, he qualified for the freaking PGA Tour several years ago) and that he has tremendous upside. But if Dallas is trying to win NOW, Bledsoe is still their guy.

The refs don't negate turnovers caused by inexperienced players because "they don't know any better."

No but Bledsoe is not the first and will not be the last to get benched for it.

Romo

TDs - 2

INTs - 3

Games - 1/2 :D

Check your stats next time.

Romo

TDs - 3

INTs - 3

QB Rating - 89.4

If i recall correctly, Bledsoe is also second to last in the NFC among starters in QB rating. Not sure if that's a "winning recipe" for Dallas.

Also, here's some interesting information about Bledsoe :D --for what it's worth. I doubt anyone's mind is going to be changed here, though.

I don't need a history lesson on Bledsoe. I'm well aware of his career. And I'd like to add that NE won in 2001 on defense, special teams, and Antowain Smith's career year. While Brady is clearly a better decision-maker than Bledsoe, I don't buy the assertion that they wouldn't have won with Drew behind center in Weiss' conservative offense. Bledsoe could've easily thrown ONE touchdown against the good-but-not-great Rams offense in the SB and watched Ty Law to score the other. They had no trouble winning the AFC Championship Game with him.

And Romo is no more likely to get Dallas wins than Bledsoe. So why throw your veteran QB under the bus because the offensive line can't block?

IMO, the only thing that Romo brings to the table is the ability to scramble out of the pocket and throw the ball away when the blitz comes, rather than take the sack. As a passer, he's inferior at this point in his career because he's going to make a ton of mistakes (yes, even more than Bledsoe).

My understanding is that the Cowboys are trying to win right now. If that's the case, you don't bench your veteran QB, create a massive QB controversey, and destroy team chemistry. Rumors have surfaced that Bledsoe may opt for retirement, rather than finish the season as a backup. If that happened and Romo were to go down with an injury (which is very probable behind that joke of a line), the Cowboys would be completely screwed.

Taking Bledsoe out at halftime was a reactionary, knee-jerk move by a pissed-off coach. IMO, Parcells gave up on his team at that point. He'll never admit it, but he's given up... it was clear as day to me in his voice and body language during the post-game interview. As poor a decision-maker as Bledsoe has been throughout his career, Parcells made a committment to him a couple of years ago. Ditching him now is nothing short of a panic move.

I like Romo. I think that he has skills-galore (hell, he qualified for the freaking PGA Tour several years ago) and that he has tremendous upside. But if Dallas is trying to win NOW, Bledsoe is still their guy.

1) What makes you think Bledsoe could take that NE team to the same place Brady did when Bledsoe failed on all other occassions to do so? We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I firmly believe if Bledsoe was still the QB in NE that NE wouldn't have any SB wins.

2) Romo may or may not be able to generate more wins for Dallas, that is yet to be seen. Certainly he will make his fair share of rookie mistakes, this I have already said. Additionally I have announced that i don't believe Romo will be the saviour that many think he will be.

Why "throw your veteran QB under the bus because the offensive line can't block?" Because Bledsoe has single handidly cost the Dallas Cowboys several games, including 2 this year by making a stupid mistake under pressure. With Bledsoe under center the game plan against Dallas is very simple ... blitz and get in Bledsoe's face. If you can execute this game plan, and you don't have to be a very good team to do so, then you will defeat the Cowboys. And I guarantee every team in the playoffs will be able to execute that game plan.

"the only thing that Romo brings to the table is the ability to scramble out of the pocket and throw the ball away when the blitz comes, rather than take the sack". Well that is HUGH when you look at the number of times Drew has been sacked, fumbled away the ball or thrown an interception. Bledsoe kills drives and has many 3 and outs. In fact this is the EXACT reason the switch is being made ... because Bledsoe's inability to move out the pocket to prevent the sack and his inability to throw the ball away and his propensity to throw interceptions kills offensive drives. When Bledsoe makes that critical mistake that costs the Cowboys a game the reaction is "NOT AGAIN".

As to team chemistry ... exactly how much chemistry do you believe there is when the offense continually stalls or turns the ball over? Everything I have heard from the Cowboys in the local media has been supportive of Romo.

So, I agree that Romo will make his fair share of mistakes. However, I believe that with Romo under center the offense will be able to sustain more drives and take less sacks. The number of turnovers maybe the same, who knows. Romo gives Dallas a BETTER chance to win then Bledsoe does because Dallas doesn't have an offensive line that will allow Bledsoe to execute his superior passing ability.

I also agree that Bill Parcells is not the Parcells everybody remembers. I have exclaimed this from almost day 1. I think he is a tired old man basically going through the motions.

The REAL problem in Dallas though is that we have an owner that believes he is a GM.

This is such a joke. I would much rather have my QB get sacked 4 times because of a bad offensive line then have him throw 3 INTS because of a bad O line.

Also, Romo's yards aren't really relevant seeing how when bledsoe was in they only passed on third downs, and a few times they ran on 3rd.

Lucky you ... with Bledsoe you get a QB that gets sacked 4 times AND you get a QB that throws 3 INTs.

I don't think it was reactionary. For weeks now Bill has preached about 'taking care of the ball'. Bledsoe once again proved he couldn't do it under pressure. Bill finally had enough. In fact, here's a quote from Bill off the Cowboys website stating it wasn't reactionary:

"Anytime you do something like this, it's something you think about for a long time," Parcells said. "I just need to make an attempt to do something to alter what we've done so far. We're 3-3. We've got 10 games to go. It's a long way from being over. But time is urgent for us."

I think basing Romo's future starts on 2 quarters of performance is a bit hasty. A week of practice/prep with the first unit will be a huge help for Romo. Also keep in mind that Bledoe's QB rating ranks him next to last in the NFC. Thats not gonna cut it for any team needing to win.

I believe another quote from Bill points to Romo's ability to avoid the rush and make plays - something Bledsoe is incapable of doing:

"I'm hopeful, the way our team is structured right now, he might be able to do a couple of things for us," Parcells said of Romo.
I don't think Bill has given up, but he sure is limited in his options with this team. With Bledsoe under center, the Cowboys certainly weren't going to make playoffs with the O-line they currently have.

I agree Bill is through after this season. He definitely has added talent to this team, but it certainly hasn't meshed like his previous 3 teams did, and that has him mentally defeated.

1) What makes you think Bledsoe could take that NE team to the same place Brady did when Bledsoe failed on all other occassions to do so? We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I firmly believe if Bledsoe was still the QB in NE that NE wouldn't have any SB wins.

Well, for starters, Bledsoe took the '96 Pats to a SB... and he did so with a supporting defense that was far inferior to Belichick's squad in '01. He also lead the Pats to victory in the '01 AFC Championship Game (the TD pass he thew was the difference in the game... Brady didn't throw any). I think that the '01 Pats could've won with Tent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, or a number of other mediocre QBs because their offense revolved around the run and they relied heavily on their defense and special teams to make plays. There's no doubt that Brady made some important plays in '01, but I think that a lot of people give him WAY too much credit for that SB. Come on... ONE offensive touchdown? Despite Brady's mythical status, he wasn't that great of a QB back in '01...

15 games, 2843 yds, 17 TD, 12 INT

For the sake of comparison...

Bledsoe (2000): 16 games, 3291 yds, 17 TD, 13 INT

Bledsoe (2002): 16 games, 4359 yds, 24 TD, 15 INT

At that point in their respective careers, I don't see a huge difference between Brady and Bledsoe and think that either one could've HELPED win SB 36 (defense and special teams are what REALLY won it). Of course, SBs 38 and 39 are completely different story.

Why "throw your veteran QB under the bus because the offensive line can't block?" Because Bledsoe has single handidly cost the Dallas Cowboys several games, including 2 this year by making a stupid mistake under pressure. With Bledsoe under center the game plan against Dallas is very simple ... blitz and get in Bledsoe's face. If you can execute this game plan, and you don't have to be a very good team to do so, then you will defeat the Cowboys. And I guarantee every team in the playoffs will be able to execute that game plan.

Right, and Romo killed any chance Dallas had of getting back into Monday night's game by throwing three picks (one of which was returned for a TD). The "blitz and get into the QB's face" game plan is going to be executed by opposing teams, no matter who is under center. And Romo's not going to morph into Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb against that pass rush. It's basically a choice of more three-and-outs vs. more turnovers.

"the only thing that Romo brings to the table is the ability to scramble out of the pocket and throw the ball away when the blitz comes, rather than take the sack". Well that is HUGH when you look at the number of times Drew has been sacked, fumbled away the ball or thrown an interception. Bledsoe kills drives and has many 3 and outs. In fact this is the EXACT reason the switch is being made ... because Bledsoe's inability to move out the pocket to prevent the sack and his inability to throw the ball away and his propensity to throw interceptions kills offensive drives. When Bledsoe makes that critical mistake that costs the Cowboys a game the reaction is "NOT AGAIN".

Romo killed several drives on Monday night as well. Again, I don't see how he's a better option at this point if the goal is to win right now.

Before permanently handing Romo the keys to the offense, I think that it would've been smarter for Parcells to give Romo 2nd-half mop-up duty over the next two or three weeks. If he improves on his three-INT effort from Monday night, THEN give him the starter job. He has to PROVE that he can actually do BETTER than Bledsoe before he's named the starting QB, IMO. So far, he hasn't.

As to team chemistry ... exactly how much chemistry do you believe there is when the offense continually stalls or turns the ball over? Everything I have heard from the Cowboys in the local media has been supportive of Romo.

LOL, "the media." :D

"The media" doesn't know crap about running a football team. What happens when Bledsoe tells Parcells to fu@k off and retires? And if that occurs, what happens if Romo gets hurt and the Cowboys have to sign Vinny Testaverde? What happens when T.O. doesn't think that he's getting enough passes his way (which is likely, given that Romo will be running for his life behind that line) and berates Romo on the sideline? What happens when Romo is intimidated by him and makes things even worse by throwing to T.O. in double- and triple-coverage? What happens when Bledsoe's teammates look at Parcells' decision as a sign that he's quit on them and the rest of them decide to quit as well?

There's a lot that "the media" doesn't consider when they bloviate their ill-informed opinions.

So, I agree that Romo will make his fair share of mistakes. However, I believe that with Romo under center the offense will be able to sustain more drives and take less sacks. The number of turnovers maybe the same probably more

It's basically a choice of...

(1) Sticking with the immobile vet who can keep T.O. in check and dealing with more three-and-outs.

(2) Going with the young guy who isn't experienced in handling his teammates' egos, dealing with typical rookie growing pains (more INTs), alienating your veteran QB to the point where he just might hang up his cleats, and giving your team the impression that you're (Parcells) quitting on them.

I also agree that Bill Parcells is not the Parcells everybody remembers. I have exclaimed this from almost day 1. I think he is a tired old man basically going through the motions.

The REAL problem in Dallas though is that we have an owner that believes he is a GM.

Now, THAT we can agree on. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

With that O-line, its a good call. Gotta be mobile to keep drives alive.

As far as FF goes, Witten certainly gains value. I think TO gains some as well, while Glenn loses some.

Agreed. Might as well get Romo out there and see what he can do.

Well, for starters, Bledsoe took the '96 Pats to a SB... and he did so with a supporting defense that was far inferior to Belichick's squad in '01. He also lead the Pats to victory in the '01 AFC Championship Game (the TD pass he thew was the difference in the game... Brady didn't throw any). I think that the '01 Pats could've won with Tent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, or a number of other mediocre QBs because their offense revolved around the run and they relied heavily on their defense and special teams to make plays. There's no doubt that Brady made some important plays in '01, but I think that a lot of people give him WAY too much credit for that SB. Come on... ONE offensive touchdown? Despite Brady's mythical status, he wasn't that great of a QB back in '01...

15 games, 2843 yds, 17 TD, 12 INT

For the sake of comparison...

Bledsoe (2000): 16 games, 3291 yds, 17 TD, 13 INT

Bledsoe (2002): 16 games, 4359 yds, 24 TD, 15 INT

At that point in their respective careers, I don't see a huge difference between Brady and Bledsoe and think that either one could've HELPED win SB 36 (defense and special teams are what REALLY won it). Of course, SBs 38 and 39 are completely different story.

Perhaps the '01 Pats could have won the SB with Dilfer, Brad Johnson or some other mediocre QB. This I will grant you. But not with Mr. Interception Drew Bledsoe. Dilfer, Johnson and Brady are known for the LACK of mistakes, Bledsoe is known for his propensity for mistakes.

Right, and Romo killed any chance Dallas had of getting back into Monday night's game by throwing three picks (one of which was returned for a TD). The "blitz and get into the QB's face" game plan is going to be executed by opposing teams, no matter who is under center. And Romo's not going to morph into Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb against that pass rush. It's basically a choice of more three-and-outs vs. more turnovers.

Romo killed several drives on Monday night as well. Again, I don't see how he's a better option at this point if the goal is to win right now.

Before permanently handing Romo the keys to the offense, I think that it would've been smarter for Parcells to give Romo 2nd-half mop-up duty over the next two or three weeks. If he improves on his three-INT effort from Monday night, THEN give him the starter job. He has to PROVE that he can actually do BETTER than Bledsoe before he's named the starting QB, IMO. So far, he hasn't.

Romo got thrown in the fire on Monday night with no real prep time. Lets see how he does after having the ability to prepare as a starter. Certainly the 3 interceptions thrown by Romo put a serious crimp in Dallas' opportunity to win. Here's the deal though ... we got closer with Romo at the helm than we would with Bledsoe at the helm. Romo will grow and hopefully make less mistakes over time. Bledsoe will make the same mistakes over and over. Leaving Bledsoe in means you are conceding the playoffs.

LOL, "the media." :D

"The media" doesn't know crap about running a football team.

Why don't you try reading what I actually wrote ... "the Cowboys in the media" ... that is not "the media".

What happens when Bledsoe tells Parcells to fu@k off and retires? And if that occurs, what happens if Romo gets hurt and the Cowboys have to sign Vinny Testaverde? What happens when T.O. doesn't think that he's getting enough passes his way (which is likely, given that Romo will be running for his life behind that line) and berates Romo on the sideline? What happens when Romo is intimidated by him and makes things even worse by throwing to T.O. in double- and triple-coverage? What happens when Bledsoe's teammates look at Parcells' decision as a sign that he's quit on them and the rest of them decide to quit as well?

If you want to play what if games ... what happens if Bledsoe gets hurt and goes out for the season and Romo doesn't have any experience.

There's a lot that "the media" doesn't consider when they bloviate their ill-informed opinions.

It's basically a choice of...

(1) Sticking with the immobile vet who can keep T.O. in check and dealing with more three-and-outs.

(2) Going with the young guy who isn't experienced in handling his teammates' egos, dealing with typical rookie growing pains (more INTs), alienating your veteran QB to the point where he just might hang up his cleats, and giving your team the impression that you're (Parcells) quitting on them.

How many INTs is Bledsoe on pace for this season ... I don't think Romo is going to throw any more picks than Bledsoe was on pace for. You clearly have some serious man love for Bledsoe ... I wish we could ship him to YOUR favorite team so you could enjoy him up close and personal like.

The only down side to starting Romo is now we don't have a backup qb. Bledsoe will crawl under the bench and suck his thumb the rest of the season.

:D Did you catch his presser on dallascowboys.com? Not a happy camper, but trying to toe the company line

:D

For whatever reason, it crashes after about 90 seconds, but you get the gist of it

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I sense that we have a Bledsoe lover amidst us? My god, Bledsoe Sucks. He just plain sucks. He cannot improvise, he folds under pressure, he cant make his reads, he can't move, he can't take demotion like a real man, etc..........The only thing he can do ( I guess ) is throw a good ball when given 8 seconds to do it. Dang.

As stated earlier, this was not a knee jerk reaction. Bledsoes benching came as no surprise to real Dallas fans that have wondered all along "what is taking so long?". The change to start the second half was due to the fact that the wheels were coming off the bus and Bledsoe showed no signs of being able to stop it. Things were getting ugly fast.

Romo comes in (after practicing with the 2nd team) and does so-so in a half work against the Giants who have tasted blood. Ok, 3 picks, dropped 4-2, etc.......now our (presumably) future gets a week to practice with the first team and show us all what we have. I for one am excited.

I hope Bledsoe never throws a pass for the Cowboys again. Watching Statchdrew throw picks in the red zone repeatedly has taken its toll on me.......

Perhaps the '01 Pats could have won the SB with Dilfer, Brad Johnson or some other mediocre QB. This I will grant you. But not with Mr. Interception Drew Bledsoe. Dilfer, Johnson and Brady are known for the LACK of mistakes, Bledsoe is known for his propensity for mistakes...

He's obviously gotten worse since '02, but Bledsoe wasn't throwing 20 INT/season back in 2000-2002. The stats that you conveniently overlooked clearly show that. I really don't see how Bledsoe, who only threw 13 INTs in 2000 and 15 INTs in 2002 (along with 4000+ yds and 24 TDs) couldn't have lead the Pats to a SB championship, especially considering that he took them to a SB five years before with a mediocre defense.

How many INTs is Bledsoe on pace for this season ... I don't think Romo is going to throw any more picks than Bledsoe was on pace for.

Well, since you asked...

Bledsoe: 8 INTs through 6 1/2 games (1.23 INT/game)

Romo: 3 INT through 1/2 game + two passing attempts in another (~ 6 INT/game)

Romo got thrown in the fire on Monday night with no real prep time. Lets see how he does after having the ability to prepare as a starter.

Or perhaps it would've been better for Parcells to give Romo a little more game-time experience before making that incredibly important decision? Handing Romo the keys to the offense after one half-game (where he played rather poorly) was a knee-jerk, bone-headed decision. Very uncharacteristic of Parcells.

Certainly the 3 interceptions thrown by Romo put a serious crimp in Dallas' opportunity to win. Here's the deal though ... we got closer with Romo at the helm than we would with Bledsoe at the helm. Romo will grow and hopefully make less mistakes over time. Bledsoe will make the same mistakes over and over. Leaving Bledsoe in means you are conceding the playoffs.

LOL, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard here in a while. Kicking the vet to the side (you know, the guy who you signed to GET you to the playoffs) and giving the second-year QB the keys to the offense is clearly a sign of Parcells mailing in the season. Giving Romo the starting job was an obvious panic move a crystal-clear sign that Parcells has lost confidence in his team's ability to win and is more concerned about developing Romo for next season.

If you want to play what if games ... what happens if Bledsoe gets hurt and goes out for the season and Romo doesn't have any experience.

If Bledsoe gets hurt, Romo is at least a serviceable option. If Bledsoe gets pissed off and retires and Romo gets hurt, the Cowboys are screwed because they don't carry a third-string QB on their roster. That means Vinny Testaverde wears a Cowboys uniform again. I don't know about you, but I'd take Romo over Vinny any day.

You clearly have some serious man love for Bledsoe ...

And you have some serious man-love for a guy whose name rhymes with "homo." :D

I realize that Bledsoe is in the twilight of his career and I realize that Romo has a ton of talent and very well may be one of the better QBs in the league in a couple of years. But if the Cowboys are TRULY still trying to win, Romo has to SHOW that he can do a better job than Bledsoe before he gets the starting job. He has to EARN that starting position. So far, he hasn't. And don't give me the "But anybody is better than Bledsoe!" line. People in Cincy said that about Kitna and had to endure 10 weeks of Kyle Boller-like play from Palmer before he was able to play at a high level. And the last time I checked, the Cowboys don't have 10 weeks to wait for Romo to get through those growing pains. And on top of that, creating a massive QB controversey and giving your players the impression that you've given up on them isn't going to motivate your players to win.

Here's a stat for you ... since 2003 only 3 teams have had a worse turn over ratio than the Cowboys.

A QB that turns the ball over kills his team. Mr. Bledsoe's middle name is interception.

Um, OK, so Romo "earned" the starting position by throwing three picks in two quarters? :D

Here's how I see things: Romo obviously has more upside than Bledsoe and there's a decent chance that he'll run the offense better. That said, he's inexperienced and is playing behind a line that can't pass-block or establish the run. Because of that, there's also a decent chance that he'll be less effective than Bledsoe. So, is it worth making that gamble if it ensures a nasty QB controversey and is interpreted by Parcells' players as a sign of him waiving the white flag? IMO, no.

Edited by Bill Swerski

No question if I were only playing FF Bledsoe would get the start this week. Figuring he'll likely get more points than a Romo led team would. However this isn't FF so I completely understand the fustration that forced Parcell to bench Bledsoe. He's simply shown he's not a winner at this point in his career. Playing Romo is the equivalent of a Texas Holdem "ALL IN"

Um, OK, so Romo "earned" the starting position by throwing three picks in two quarters? :D

Here's how I see things: Romo obviously has more upside than Bledsoe and there's a decent chance that he'll run the offense better. That said, he's inexperienced and is playing behind a line that can't pass-block or establish the run. Because of that, there's also a decent chance that he'll be less effective than Bledsoe. So, is it worth making that gamble if it ensures a nasty QB controversey and is interpreted by Parcells' players as a sign of him waiving the white flag? IMO, no.

You know what you got with Bledsoe. An immobile QB who has a propensity to get sacked and throw interceptions. He has 206 interceptions to 251 TDs in his career and has never had less than 12 in a season. He already has 8 this season in 6 1/2 games which means he was on pace to have 20 INTs this season and on pace for 18 TDs. He also has 39 fumbles with 1 already this season. Bledsoe had already been sacked 16 times in 6 games. He makes big mistakes at critical times and at this point in his career he's only getting worse NOT better.

We both agree ... there is a decent chance Romo will run the offense better. There is NO chance Bledsoe will run it better. Sticking with Bledsoe simply because he is a veteran (making rookie mistakes) and there is a chance that Romo will be worse is asinine. With Bledsoe at the helm we have beaten the teams we were supposed to beat - WAS, TEN, HOU and Bledsoe played a very key part in the three losses to the better teams. The better teams continued to pressure Bledsoe until he made a mistake.

Sorry I'll take the player with the upside thank you very much.

And do you really think Bill cares about the media generated QB controversy? Bill could care less what the media thinks, says or does. Additionally, as I have already stated I have yet to hear ONE Cowboy express concern over the switch - ALL are supportive of the change and Romo (well all except Bledsoe). With Bledsoe bumbling behind the line and killing drives with sacks and turnovers there is NO chemistry in place. I think ALL the players with the exception of Bledsoe are looking forward to the change. I have also not heard anybody in the Cowboys organization, top to bottom, express concern that this is Bill waving the white flag. EVERY single thing I have heard or read says this change was made because the line can't block and Romo gives us a better chance to be competitive because of his mobility.