[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver wire question

whomper

I didnt want to hijack the other thread. The main local I commish switched to a worst to first ww rotation ever week..I run waivers on friday night at 10 and they are closed for the week. When we put in the new system last year I included 1 saturday move per team for the year. I gave everyone a free crack at making up for any mistakes they may have made under the new system . Even though this was year 2 of the new system I left the saturday move in as a courtesy to the league..Heres the question.

Last week for the first time since the new system and saturday move has been put in a guy wanted to use his saturday move to pick up a guy that was just dropped friday night. Although we dont have a rule in place for this a bunch of owners complained that in actuality he was jumping the line for the following weeks free agents and now I had 10 guys saying they were going to sit by the computer on friday night and pluck the best guy that was dropped. This was not why that move was afforded to the league and we were headed in the direction of people using that saturday move as a loophole more then a way to replace a late injury or bye week filler you may have lost out on..

anyway..How are your leagues run if your system is set up to run a waiver period the fcfs . Can you pick up a guy that was just dropped or is he off limits until next week ? I know how the 2 BOTH leagues im in with this system does it im just curious of others so I see all scenarios before we vote on this next year. Thanks.

I didnt want to hijack the other thread. The main local I commish switched to a worst to first ww rotation ever week..I run waivers on friday night at 10 and they are closed for the week. When we put in the new system last year I included 1 saturday move per team for the year. I gave everyone a free crack at making up for any mistakes they may have made under the new system . Even though this was year 2 of the new system I left the saturday move in as a courtesy to the league..Heres the question.

Last week for the first time since the new system and saturday move has been put in a guy wanted to use his saturday move to pick up a guy that was just dropped friday night. Although we dont have a rule in place for this a bunch of owners complained that in actuality he was jumping the line for the following weeks free agents and now I had 10 guys saying they were going to sit by the computer on friday night and pluck the best guy that was dropped. This was not why that move was afforded to the league and we were headed in the direction of people using that saturday move as a loophole more then a way to replace a late injury or bye week filler you may have lost out on..

anyway..How are your leagues run if your system is set up to run a waiver period the fcfs . Can you pick up a guy that was just dropped or is he off limits until next week ? I know how the 2 BOTH leagues im in with this system does it im just curious of others so I see all scenarios before we vote on this next year. Thanks.

For just about every league that I am in, if a player is dropped he is locked until the upcoming games are finished and then is available for the following week's Waivers.

You answered your own question in your post. If there's no rule in place, the waiver move has to stand. The intent of the Saturday pickup was not clearly expressed in your rules, hence no fault to an owner who was actively scanning the waiver wire.

I'm actually surprised that it took a year and a half for someone to try this out.

Edited by The Wolf

You answered your own question in your post. If there's no rule in place, the waiver move has to stand. The intent of the Saturday pickup was not clearly expressed in your rules, hence no fault to an owner who was actively scanning the waiver wire.

I'm actually surprised that it took a year and a half for someone to try this out.

I cant disagree with you. Its been a hugh headache..It never came up and noone really tried it before so it wasnt an issue..Everyone went along with the fact that when I explained the saturday rule and why I put it in it was for people not to get screwed while getting used to the new system and for people to have an option for a post WW injury..

Hey whomp -

IMO, the move stands... heck, really how much talent can their be in the league drops at this point?

But, to answer your other question, any dropped player is not available until the following week... and any acquired player must remain on the roster until the following week to prevent an owner from say picking up and dropping every kicker to lock an opponent out of getting one or any other such shenanigans.

Hey whomp -

IMO, the move stands... heck, really how much talent can their be in the league drops at this point?

But, to answer your other question, any dropped player is not available until the following week... and any acquired player must remain on the roster until the following week to prevent an owner from say picking up and dropping every kicker to lock an opponent out of getting one or any other such shenanigans.

Does this apply to trades too in your leagues ? because this actually came up as well..

Does this apply to trades too in your leagues ? because this actually came up as well..

The only thing we don't allow with trades is tradebacks.. prevents the collusion and "renting" of players.

But, you can drop a player acquired in trade... lot of times as we have a roster limit owners will put in the scrubs they'd cut in a trade to keep the numbers right, then the team receiving the extra players may cut them to pick up FAs they prefer.

And you can also immediately trade any player you receive.

My leagues are a little different. A guy dropped goes on waivers for 24 hours. We too, have a worst to first pecking order, but if you used a pick, you drop below someone who didn't. So if I sit at #8 and the 7 above me put in an initial claim on Tuesday, I work to the top of the list on Wednesday and have first shot at anyone released.

For instance, if no one thrills me after Monday night, I'll sit tight until the others finish their business on Tuesday (Wednesday morning) to see if there's a better DST that becomes available. Someone may also cut someone on BYE. If I have a slot, I can sit on him for a week.

We're free to work this right up until game time on Sunday. The other loophole availble is not to drop someone until Saturday night/Sunday morning, because they won't clear waivers in time for anyone to grab them before Sunday's first game.

It works okay, I guess.