[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just lost by a point!

BigMikeinNY

For the second year in a row, in my big local, I think I WIN by a point!.........only to have it taken away on Thursday by an NFL stat correction!

Week 1 2005 - I win week 1 by one point against my rival. On Thursday, the NFL takes away an INT by Hassleback and gives him a fumble......I lose by 1

Week 7 2006 - I win week 7 by one point having Eli throw for 17 points on Monday night when I needed 16 to win, great night! On Thursday, the NFL takes gives NE a fumble recovery for 2 pts. I lose by one point!

I think its mostly frustrating because I am 2nd in points and have a 2-5 record.

This happen to anyone else ever on a Thursday?

Thanks for letting me vent guys, it's nice sometimes to use The Huddle, very therapeutic.

BigMike :D

In my leagues the stat corrections are usually done on Tuesday.

But that does suck. I have lost in that way before and it feel so bad especially since I already started talking smak.

Look at the bright side..if you 2nd in pts your eventually going to start acting like yer 2nd in pts and win.

Hmmm.. if the stats were incorrect you never really won in the first place... so really you were losing the whole time, but just didn't know it...

The stats as reported were incorrect but the result was not.

Thursday correction? That is really late but is the right thing to do, unfortunately.

Thursday correction? That is really late but is the right thing to do, unfortunately.

Heck, Elias often times makes corrections weeks after the game has been played. Generally they have them out by Thursday which is a pretty good turnaround.

Thats why in my league we have a rule that we apply any stat change that is announced prior to the first kickoff of the following week.. at that point, all scores are final regardless of any future stat change.

How's this one for ya......

Back in 2003 in my Yascrew local in week 3 I think I have won by 2 points(don't remember the exact circumstances) but a fumble is changed to an int. and we end up tied. Tiebreakers are most TDs scored. I had one fewer so I lose. The very next week I win by 3(or so I think), My QB gets charged with an INT and his defense gets credit for another sack, so you guessed it, we end up tied. First tiebreaker is most TDs. Still tied. 2nd tiebreaker is most kicker points. My kicker had a whopping 2 extra points that week so I lose back to back weeks after scoring changes AND tiebreakers. :D For this reason I would like them to go to a decimal system of scoring but still hasn't happened. To make matters worse, I miss the playoffs by 2 points on another tiebreaker. 2003 was not a good year for me to say the least.

Heck, Elias often times makes corrections weeks after the game has been played. Generally they have them out by Thursday which is a pretty good turnaround.

Thats why in my league we have a rule that we apply any stat change that is announced prior to the first kickoff of the following week.. at that point, all scores are final regardless of any future stat change.

Same here.

Did L Evans fumble on Sunday, it cause me to lose 134 -133.75. How can they miss a fumble?

Happens all the time. Reception awarded to wrong player. Rushing yardage given to wrong player. INT ruled a fumble. Sack rules a rush and thus sack taken away.

Example from Week 3 of this season:

After reviewing the Week #3 Titans-Dolphins game, the Elias Sports Bureau changed a 0 yard rushing play by Daunte Culpepper to a 0 yard sack against him by Cortland Finnegan. The following stats have changed as a result:

• Culpepper: from 7 rushes for 5 yards to 6 rushes for 5 yards.

• Culpepper: from 5 sacks against for 38 yards to 5 sacks for 38 yards.

• Finnegan: from 0 sacks to 1 sack for 0 yards.

From Week 2:

Week #3 Broncos-Patriots game

There was an error made by the statisticians tracking the Sunday night game. With 2:31 remaining in the third quarter, Benjamin Watson was credited with a 12-yard reception. But that catch was actually made by tight end Daniel Graham. So the following stats changes have been made:

* Watson: from 6 receptions for 66 yards to 5 for 54 yards

* Graham: from 1 reception for 7 yards to 2 for 19 yards.

From last year:

After reviewing the film from the Raiders-Patriots game, the NFL has changed a Kerry Collins interception by Vince Wilfork to a fumble. The following stats have been updated as a result of this correction:

Kerry Collins: from 40 to 39 pass attempts.

Kerry Collins: from 1 for 6 yards to 2 sacks against for 19 yards.

Kerry Collins: from 1 to 0 interceptions.

Kerry Collins: from 0 fumbles to 1 fumble and 1 fumble lost.

Kerry Collins: from 0 to 1 miscellaneous tackle.

Langston Walker: from 1 to 0 miscellaneous tackles.

Jarvis Green: from 0 to 1 forced fumble.

Jarvis Green: from 1 to 2 defensive tackles.

Jarvis Green: from 0 sacks to 1 sack for 13 yards.

Vince Wilfork: from 1 to 0 interceptions.

Vince Wilfork: from 1 to 0 passes defensed.

Vince Wilfork: from 0 to 1 fumble recovery.

Raiders: from 259 to 246 net yards passing.

Raiders: from 40 to 39 pass attempts.

Raiders: from 1 and 0 to 2 fumbles and 1 fumble lost.

Raiders: from 1 for 6 yards to 2 sacks against for 19 yards.

Patriots defense: from 1 to 0 interceptions.

Patriots defense: from 0 to 1 fumble recovery.