[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are any of you stashing Priest or Curtis?

Wind Dancer

Having suffered through a season with Caddie, Willis, Chester, and Jamal...I'm thinking of stashing Priest Holmes or Curtis Martin on my roster ...just in case they prove to have any value left for the next month or so....Anybody else thinking the same...

Good luck :D

I have to stash Holmes in my dynasty league, since I have LJ.

I do own Leon Washington in my redraft and have no interest in stashing CuMar.

If either guy would make a comeback, I would imagine it would be Holmes. CuMar has a bone-on-bone issue in his knee. For a RB, that's the end of his career, regardless of how much he practices or how good of a guy he is. I don't think Holmes makes it back either, since by all accounts he hasn't even been physically preapring himself for a comeback. If he did, he'd still be a breather for LJ, and Bennett can do that more than adequately now that the hammy is healthy.

Unless you're in a league with very deep rosters & you have a guy or two on the end of your bench that has virtually no chance of contributing, I don't see any reason for rostering either guy.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Why do people want to hang on to the past? Leave those guys alone and don't bother with Domanick Davis either. Every human body has different limitations, and these guys have all reached theirs. If you are going to take your roster spot shot on someone, look for the next Cmart or Priest. You get a lot more bang for your buck if you are right.

35 man keeper IDP league. Below Buckhalter on my depth chart. Anyone that low would be pretty worthless anyway. Could be traded before next year.

Okay, I take it back.

An owner in my league just dropped Priest - has had him on his roster since draft day. Martin was drafted, but was dropped before the season started.

Unless your in a dynasty league, which I'm not, I don't know how you waste a roster spot on some of these guys... You might as well pick up Barry Sanders and keep hoping for that comeback.

Speaking of that, if any of you play on Fanball, check the Cowboys receivers - Alvin Harper and Michael Irvin are listed and can be picked up... :D

I stashed Ricky Williams for next year.

Ricky ain't even performing very well with Toronto. He and John Avery are now splitting time. Its over for Ricky.

And on the topic of Ricky....about three weeks back after a Toronto loss, Ricky was asked his thoughts on the game and his disappointment. His response? "There's too much emphasis on wins and losses. I had fun today and that's the most important thing".

I'm not making this up. And that should say it all right there about Ricky's future.

He's obviously a very nice guy but this business isn't for him.

Why do people want to hang on to the past? Leave those guys alone and don't bother with Domanick Davis either. Every human body has different limitations, and these guys have all reached theirs. If you are going to take your roster spot shot on someone, look for the next Cmart or Priest. You get a lot more bang for your buck if you are right.

The only league I have him in is in one of my 16 team dynasty leagues. I picked him up two weeks ago for $1. This is a salary cap league where the total allowed salary for each team is $30000. I only assigned him a 1 year contract, so if he does end up on IR, I can put him on our leagues IR and get a 1 year credit. There are 101 rostered RBs in that league (including DTS). So I didnt mind taking the $1 risk on him if he came back and produced.

Almost forgot, I also drafted him in another dynasty, but he is on IR there as well.

exactly...stop going after the washed up has-been's....go after the younger players with talent..