[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick

broncosn05

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damned if he doesnt, damned if he does

if you actually watched the game you'd realize he was pretty impressive. pretty much carved the bengals D and more importantly his team won. without him on the field they dont win.

vick checklist

#1- receivers caught the ball

#2- found his receivers

#3- looked up field lookin to make plays through the air

if you actually watched the game you'd realize he was pretty impressive. pretty much carved the bengals D and more importantly his team won. without him on the field they dont win.

vick checklist

#2- found his receivers

Definetely add PROTECTION to that list as he was able to hang in the pocket pretty long. I'm just a very happy fan right now, a very happy fan. :D

I watched the game, he was impressive. He didnt immediately take off into a run, he would stay behind the line and find a WR. It impressed me on a 3rd and 18 that he ran behind the line and found roddy white for the first.

Good point. He could be. Vick is still young by NFL standards.

He's what, 26, 27? With his body of work at 7 years in the league, I'd say he's a little bit behind the curve, all things considered.

vick checklist

#2- found his receivers

Cinci is a tough TEAM but Marvin Lewis hasn't necessarily turned their defense into a snarling beast capable of consistently shutting down good teams. They're rather average.

But that legitimate point aside, Vick, by any standard, had a VERY good game. Much as he did last week. But like I've said, I've seen him string good games together before but he always falls off, and that keeps him from being TRULY great. If he's finally turned the corner, good for him, GREAT for the Falcons organization and their fans. And not bad for me in one league.

Cinci is a tough TEAM but Marvin Lewis hasn't necessarily turned their defense into a snarling beast capable of consistently shutting down good teams. They're rather average.

But that legitimate point aside, Vick, by any standard, had a VERY good game. Much as he did last week. But like I've said, I've seen him string good games together before but he always falls off, and that keeps him from being TRULY great. If he's finally turned the corner, good for him, GREAT for the Falcons organization and their fans. And not bad for me in one league.

Kinda like Ben Roethlisburger this year...bench him now, hes killing hines ward for me today! Batch knows how to throw to Ward, 3 TDS with Batch in!

Edited by CD6405

7 years in which league? Certainly not in the NFL...

Randall is correct, 6th, not 7th. Clealry my mistake.

But by the same token, the "step up" between 6th and 7th year probably isn't as significant as that between, say, 2nd and 3rd. Fair enough?

Randall is correct, 6th, not 7th. Clealry my mistake.

But by the same token, the "step up" between 6th and 7th year probably isn't as significant as that between, say, 2nd and 3rd. Fair enough?

The step up between 5th and 6th isnt supposed to be too much, either. So far, the mold doesn't seem to fit.

If he's so fast why can't he throw those fade routes to himself?

You must've missed it, but he tried that last week Randall.

3-6-PIT8 (7:10) (Shotgun) M.Vick pass to M.Vick to PIT 7 for 1 yard (T.Polamalu).