[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marques Colston TE or WR

LIK

Marques Colston TE or WR  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Marques Colston should he be listed as TE or WR in FF?

• WR
    • TE

in fact, Chris Cooley was listed as a RB last year, and stayed that way throughout the end of the year. I agree he should be a wideout, but if he was listed a certain way, he should stay that way.

I think if he is being used as a WR, and the Saints consider him a WR, he should be listed as a WR.

Anyone thinking that what we FF players do should have ANY impact on the NFL should be shot. Or at least slapped around a bit.

People paying good money to sites that can't or won't correct such an obvious error is a disgrace.

Yup

wasn't he listed as a TE at the beginning of the year? why would it be their fault? what if he was drafted as a TE in those sites, and then they changed it mid year. that would suck.

Coston has never been a TE throughout his college & NFL career. He wasn't drafted as a TE & he has never even been tried at TE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TE can NOT have a number from 1-19, they can only have a number in the 40's or 80's. Has Colston even lined up as a TE on ONE snap this year?

Nope

Well It was my turn to play the team with most talented TE in the game....Marques Colston!!!11!!

Well as it turns out I'm in a league with at least one conniving little hoe bag and one commish with his head up his behind, get this. The Co-commish and I were onto Marques being listed as a TE, instead of a WR, a few weeks ago. About two weeks ago it was corrected by our commish. This week I come home goto bed (I work nights) and wake up to find that this little sh*t called the commish to get him changed back from WR to a TE and he did it! Ain't that some B.S. Anyway it could have been a pretty close game pending what his lineup would have really been given this change didn't take affect. But now we will never know.

Now get this the league is mostly friends and family... Then he gets on the message board and defends his actions and says that I would never had said anything if Marques had s*cked, then proceeds to try and claim that I didn't say anything before because "it didn't affect me". Well I hate to break the news to him but read the first paragraph again, I was under the impression it had been fixed two weeks ago, that proceeded the Co-commish and I noticing the error.

Now this guy really doesn't know me very well, I really do have too much integrity and honesty to have let it go on (regardless of whether I won or lost today) and I really did think this had been fixed two weeks ago. No matter who he would have played this weekend I would have still posted that this was a bunch of B.S. on the league message boards. Just imagine if someone is willing to exploit their friends and family this way how they treat the rest of the world in life and business affairs. I for one was not brought up that way.

Really my team has had bad luck this year and it wasn't like I had plans of winning the league or going to the playoffs. But it wasn't a fair matchup as soon he changed him back to TE; like nobody would have noticed.

I'm very disappointed that someone would knowingly try and take advantage of others like that to further advance themselves at the expense of the others especially when they are friends and family. Needless to say I most likely will not be coming back to this league.

Slightly mad but more disappointed,

Lik

Edited by LIK

It's a unfair advantage in those leagues he's listed as a TE. Colston came into the league so far under the radiar no one gave a hoot.

Except those of us who recognized the value of dual eligibility (ala Coooley last year) and snagged him -- only to be laughed at by the very owners who are wetting themselves now ... :D

I pwn him in my local money league and he's listed as a TE only...others he is a WR/TE...

I wish I could have started him as aWR this week over Bryant Johnson and started Watson on MNF...

but hey....it happens...and surprisingly, nobody has complained yet..

Except those of us who recognized the value of dual eligibility (ala Coooley last year) and snagged him -- only to be laughed at by the very owners who are wetting themselves now ... :D

Recognize an error? There is no reason Colston should be able to go at TE. I wonder how many coaches defending this can say they displayed their brilliance by playing Cooley at RB last year...regularely? :D

Now get this the league is mostly friends and family... Then he gets on the message board and defends his actions and says that I would never had said anything if Marques had s*cked, then proceeds to try and claim that I didn't say anything before because "it didn't affect me". Well I hate to break the news to him but read the first paragraph again, I was under the impression it had been fixed two weeks ago, that proceeded the Co-commish and I noticing the error.

While I don't think he is a TE nor should be played as one, it can't be changed 4-5 weeks into the season. The guy could have done something different at TE had this been corrected early on. I, like many, are in "a yahoo league that lists him as TE/WR". The only thing I can do now is bag on the commish, who owns and plays him at TE, that we all can't start an extra WR and call him a TE. That said, if I had him on my team and no other real option at TE, I would play him there too.

Integrity wins friends, playing to win, wins championships!

While I don't think he is a TE nor should be played as one, it can't be changed 4-5 weeks into the season. The guy could have done something different at TE had this been corrected early on. I, like many, are in "a yahoo league that lists him as TE/WR". The only thing I can do now is bag on the commish, who owns and plays him at TE, that we all can't start an extra WR and call him a TE. That said, if I had him on my team and no other real option at TE, I would play him there too.

Integrity wins friends, playing to win, wins championships!

I understand your point but he wasn't drafted in our league. This guy picked him up on the WW in week 3. One week after we noticed this error it was in the process of getting changed. Like I wrote, for some reason it got changed to WR then back to TE by our commish through talking with the team captain. The rest of the league was never consulted. In this case total B.S.

lik

Looks like Yahoo has him as a WR now: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/depthchart

In my league, once the provider of the stats makes a change to a player's status, that's it, his status is changed, no matter what it was when the player was drafted or picked up off the WW.

But those are the rules in my league, it seems like that isn't the standard.

[Edit - oh, take one vote for him being a TE away and add it to him being a WR and call it user error. :D ]

Edited by Wild Wombat

He is obviously not a TE. If someone allowed me to play him as a TE, then great, I have no problem taking advantage of idiots when it comes to FF. There's no way I would allow someone else in one of my leagues to get away with it, but I'm not in any leagues that use a site that would allow it... so moot point.

Exactly. I only picked him up because he did good in the beginning and was eligble as a TE. The only reason. And If i didn't, someone else would have.

Looks like Yahoo has him as a WR now: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/depthchart

they have him listed on the depth chart, but he's still eligible as a TE in all Yahoo leagues. Even the salary cap deal.

He is obviously not a TE. If someone allowed me to play him as a TE, then great, I have no problem taking advantage of idiots when it comes to FF. There's no way I would allow someone else in one of my leagues to get away with it, but I'm not in any leagues that use a site that would allow it... so moot point.

I'm not denying he hasn't played TE or anything like that. But there was a thread a while back that asked this same question, and someone had said that there was a reason he was eligible as a TE. The Saints did something to make him eligible (or something, I forget. BJ?) So if he's ELIGIBLE as a TE, he should be eligible as a FF TE. :D seems like common sense to me.

While I don't think he is a TE nor should be played as one, it can't be changed 4-5 weeks into the season. The guy could have done something different at TE had this been corrected early on. I, like many, are in "a yahoo league that lists him as TE/WR".

Why CAN'T it be corrected? It's an obvious error. No different than correcting a yardage mistake.