[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Baker TD

budlitebrad

I dont think that call was reviewable. But with that being said IMO the official blew the call by not calling a push out.

Right on both counts. Should have been a push out TD. I thought the 2nd official who ran in along the sideline was going to overrule the guy in the endzone ...

I counted no less than 4 PI calls that the Browns got away with, but I was like, OK, homer calls, got to deal with that sometimes. The Jets weren't playing very well, and it was one of those well, they didn't play well enough to win things.... but that call was BLATANTLY HORRIBLE, it wasn't even close.... a clear force out, or there is no such rule. Jets got jobbed BIG time there. Pitiful homer call. Disgusting, really.

I counted no less than 4 PI calls that the Browns got away with, but I was like, OK, homer calls, got to deal with that sometimes. The Jets weren't playing very well, and it was one of those well, they didn't play well enough to win things.... but that call was BLATANTLY HORRIBLE, it wasn't even close.... a clear force out, or there is no such rule. Jets got jobbed BIG time there. Pitiful homer call. Disgusting, really.

I can kind of understand the call. If I was a ref and I was assigned to a game in Cleveland, I'd make whatever call was going to get me out of that town as soon as possible. If I could avoid overtime and get the hell out of that sewer a few minutes sooner by making a bad call, I'd probably do the same thing.

It's my understanding that is IS reviewable, but ONLY if the ref decides to review it. look at post 44 in this thread....

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=13811&page=3

Not opening for me. But from my understanding, if the ruling on the field is that the player would not have come down in bounds, they can't review the play because it's subjective.

Not opening for me. But from my understanding, if the ruling on the field is that the player would not have come down in bounds, they can't review the play because it's subjective.

Correct. Judgment calls are not reviewable.

Correct. Judgment calls are not reviewable.

I understand that, but I could swear that in the last two minutes I've seen refs review judgement calls anyway.... or am I mistaken? I thought it wasn't challengable, but at the ref's option, was reviewable in the last two minutes.

I can kind of understand the call. If I was a ref and I was assigned to a game in Cleveland, I'd make whatever call was going to get me out of that town as soon as possible. If I could avoid overtime and get the hell out of that sewer a few minutes sooner by making a bad call, I'd probably do the same thing.

:D

I understand that, but I could swear that in the last two minutes I've seen refs review judgement calls anyway.... or am I mistaken? I thought it wasn't challengable, but at the ref's option, was reviewable in the last two minutes.

It was an amazing catch!

But no....they don't review judgement calls. IF the call was that he was forced out.....but he babbled the ball and ruled incomplete on the field...then yes, they could review it for the rules of completions. BUT....the secondary ruling on the field would have to be that IF caught....he was forced out.

FWIW....I thought he would have clearly come down in bounds....by the sideline camera angle, he was a good yard in bounds. And I didn't feel his own momentum was enough to carry him out....he was walloped in the air hard.

In the end.....yeah....I think they were robbed on that last play. But then again....I didn't think they played well enough to win that game in the previous 59 minutes and 50 seconds either. :D

I watched the game again. 4 facemask penalties, 4 PI penalties that went uncalled, one phantom PI flag on the Jets, a muffed punt call that was missed (after Cribbs touched the ball, he took off after it as it bounced.... clear sign he KNEW he touched it) and then this:

http://media.putfile.com/BS-FORCE-OUT-CALL...-OF-JETS-BROWNS

For the first time in my life, I am doubting the integrity of the NFL. I've never seen a game that was so one sided by the officials... ever.

The Jets didn't play well, but it's hard to win when it's 11 vs. 16.

:D

it was the Browns here folks. If you were depending on that play then you deserved to lose.

This call notwithstanding, I think the New York Jets are one of the worst teams in pro football. They absolutely suck.

They would be as effective in stopping the run if they just laid down, Pennington was awful all day, they never established any kind of consistent running game AGAINST CLEVELAND...sadly for the Jets, they didn't find a way to luck out this time.

The Jets are a horrendous football team. They will win maybe 2 more the rest of the year...this team is just atrocious.

This call notwithstanding, I think the New York Jets are one of the worst teams in pro football. They absolutely suck.

They would be as effective in stopping the run if they just laid down, Pennington was awful all day, they never established any kind of consistent running game AGAINST CLEVELAND...sadly for the Jets, they didn't find a way to luck out this time.

The Jets are a horrendous football team. They will win maybe 2 more the rest of the year...this team is just atrocious.

I am going to take a wild guess and say that you are probably a fan of another team in the AFC East. If so, I am not surprised at your A-Hole comments. I would probably say the same about your team as well.

The Jets will finish 2nd in the East.

In the end.....yeah....I think they were robbed on that last play. But then again....I didn't think they played well enough to win that game in the previous 59 minutes and 50 seconds either. :D

I agree Bunz, they did not play well. I think there was a defender in Penningtons face on every throw. Our offensive line really stunk up the joint forcing Pennington to throw from his heals all day. I tip my cap to the Browns, they did their homework and knew where to attack us.

With all due respect Rovers, it's very hard to remain unbiased when you're watching your own team. The Baker call was bad, no doubt, but you guys should not have let a 1-5 team be in the game so the officiating would make a difference imo.

I agree, the Jets should have played better, but every team has a flat game now and then. The Jets have holes on defense no doubt, but they did finish with three 3 and outs in that game when they needed to get the ball back. The Browns came out running away from Bryan Thomas and S Ellis, and straight at Hobson and Kimo VonO... they were getting buried. Hobson didn't turn a single running play back inside for Vilma and Barton.

I knew they would lose some games like this one, and still think my 7-9 projection is a good one. But, and I am pretty objective when it comes to ref calls I think, there were calls that either were or weren't made that created at least a ten point swing in that game. Especially the missed muff on the punt. Cribbs absolutely BOLTED after that ball hit his finger tips. No punt returner does that unless he knows he touched the ball. I can live with a badly officiated game, but the Baker call was the straw that set me off.

The facemask penalty non calls were at the LOS in the pile. I can see the refs missing some, but all 4? The Browns DB's were mauling the Jets WR's at times, but only Miller took a very marginal PI penalty. I believe in letting them play, but call it that way for both teams. That didn't happen. Seriously, I feel bad for any team that gets that officiating crew, they are awful. Honestly.

Oh... BTW, since when did desrving to win or not ever become a stat? J/K'ing...... they did play badly, but were still in it until...well.... you know how that ended! :D