[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rutgers

Slugs

I think they got a wake-up call against Uconn on Sunday night, and won't be caught looking ahead anymore. I've thought all year if they ran the table to Louisville, it could be a real interesting game. Last year, they were in the game against WV until the early 4th. quarter. Who knows? On any given Saturday, anything can happen...

I'm a die-hard RU fan for many years, but I'm still realistic with all the BCS hype being thrown around. 10-2 or 11-1 makes me very happy, but even better, it's been a blast the last few weeks watching them climb the polls and BCS rankings.

I think they got a wake-up call against Uconn on Sunday night, and won't be caught looking ahead anymore. I've thought all year if they ran the table to Louisville, it could be a real interesting game. Last year, they were in the game against WV until the early 4th. quarter. Who knows? On any given Saturday, anything can happen...

I'm a die-hard RU fan for many years, but I'm still realistic with all the BCS hype being thrown around. 10-2 or 11-1 makes me very happy, but even better, it's been a blast the last few weeks watching them climb the polls and BCS rankings.

Granted, anything can happen, but IMO at this point, Louiville and WVU are just better than the Knights.

Wondering if Rutgers could be the team that tops the heap over Louisville & W.VA. Anybody got any thoughts on that?

Wasn't Rutgers an underdog to Navy a few weeks back? Granted they are finally gaining some well deserved PR, but let's don't go overboard just because of their undefeated record. Could you see Boise State playing Rutgers for the National Championship?

I agree... it's been great watching Rutgers this year. Looking forward to the Louisville game, probably the biggest game in Rutgers history.

Wasn't Rutgers an underdog to Navy a few weeks back? Granted they are finally gaining some well deserved PR, but let's don't go overboard just because of their undefeated record. Could you see Boise State playing Rutgers for the National Championship?

RU was an underdog to Navy and Pitt...

Could you see Boise State playing Rutgers for the National Championship?

:D

It would be horrible from the network perspective 'cause of the ratings but wouldn't it be nice to see a couple teams other than the "usual suspects".

BTW you have to think the Big East bigwigs are pulling for the 'Ville to beat Rutgers handily now, if RU pulls off the upset it would really hurt what all three of these teams have done for the B.E. this season. They need a legit NC contender.

:D

It would be horrible from the network perspective 'cause of the ratings but wouldn't it be nice to see a couple teams other than the "usual suspects".

I'd watch it wearing a Boise State hat and a Scarlet Knights t-shirt.

BTW you have to think the Big East bigwigs are pulling for the 'Ville to beat Rutgers handily now, if RU pulls off the upset it would really hurt what all three of these teams have done for the B.E. this season. They need a legit NC contender.

IMO if RU beats Ville and WVU, the scale of their two best wins (plus a 3rd vs a very good Pitt team) matches some of the 3 or 4 "quality" wins other title contenders have.

Personally, I want the Big East teams to finish as well as possible just so the ACC can choke on it. ND's apparent intent to become an "associate" member of the Big East in football (playing BE teams while maintaining independent status) only makes this conference stronger.

in a word, NO. Awesome story and season thus far, but baby steps here...... Keep winning, improve the program, be consistant. Cupcake schedule, and the Big East although having an awesome season, ain't one of the big dogs quite yet. Great story though, Rutgers and NJ have not been on the NCAA radar, when?? ever?

Great story though, Rutgers and NJ have not been on the NCAA radar, when?? ever?

They were definately on the radar. In the 1860s!

I just enjoy when the BCS gets exposed for the crap that it is. If a team goes undefeated AND belongs to a BCS conferance, they belong in the NC game. If they didn't want to consider the Big East a power conferance they shouldn't have included them in the BCS! Best case scenario for the B.E. I still think is for Louisville to beat Rutgers and then for RU to beat WVU OR for RU to beat both. For the sake of the confrence they CANNOT split three ways. I'm no B.E. fan, but if you're going to include the confrence in the BCS with the "power" confrences then all things must be treated equal.

They were definately on the radar. In the 1860s!

:D I forgot they won what's considered the "first" college FB game back in 1866....

...I think that was their last winning season... :D

NEW YORK, N.Y. - With the national college football world converging on the Rutgers campus in anticipation of Thursday's showdown between the 14th-ranked Scarlet Knights and No. 3 Louisville, the rush of excitement and "Scarlet Fever" has reached the Empire State Building as one of the world's most famous office buildings. The Building's iconic tower will be lit in "Scarlet" Thursday evening.

Rutgers is 8-0 and ranked 14th nationally, its highest ranking in school history. The Scarlet Knights are off to their best start in 30 years and ranked 13th in the BCS Standings.

The Empire State Building's tower lights are frequently referenced by line-of-sight residents in neighboring New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

The Empire State Building has 103 floors and has a total height of 1,454 feet.

Not sure when Rutgers goes to W Virginia but got to think Rutgers will be an underdog by over a TD. Great chance for anybody who thinks Rutgers deserves a shot at the NC to make some serious $$$.

i am not a betting man but my statement all along has been IF they beat WVU, i dont follow their program so I dont really know how good they are, but i do know they are ranked in the top 15 and just beat the #3 team and now go to play the team that was #3 2 weeks ago that lost to the team they just beat :D

There in NO way Rutgers gets into the NC game the way it is setup. College football is about popularity. Anything short of a tourney is criminal. It's embarrassing. Every year we get to hear coaches embarrass themselves on national tv why they should be the one to get in. Then we get to hear the sports analysts give their opinion as to who should get in. Without a tournament, there should just be pageants and parades. No rankings needed.

There in NO way Rutgers gets into the NC game the way it is setup. College football is about popularity. Anything short of a tourney is criminal. It's embarrassing. Every year we get to hear coaches embarrass themselves on national tv why they should be the one to get in. Then we get to hear the sports analysts give their opinion as to who should get in. Without a tournament, there should just be pageants and parades. No rankings needed.

I agree with you in one area - the first sentence. I hear some of those campaigning against Rutgers and Boise St. using 12-0 Auburn (2 years ago) as an argument. Huh? Talk about apples and oranges - that was when we had 3 top conferences with 3 undefeated teams, with USC and the Sooners being the clear faves from the get-go. I wish another game could've been played with USC and Auburn that year, just like USC and LSU the prior year, but you can't.

And when I say a 'top conference', I mean my so-called 'Big 4' of SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 and Big 12. Sorry, but the ACC and BE still belong at the kid's table right now. A one-loss team from any of the Big 4 will mop the floor vs. any undefeated champ from the 'other 2' plus all the non-BCS conferences. This may not be true a few years from now with those others constantly improving (hopefully), but it is now and has been since this thing was created. Simple fact....

Edited by Coffeeman

I agree with you in one area - the first sentence. I hear some of those campaigning against Rutgers and Boise St. using 12-0 Auburn (2 years ago) as an argument. Huh? Talk about apples and oranges - that was when we had 3 top conferences with 3 undefeated teams, with USC and the Sooners being the clear faves from the get-go. I wish another game could've been played with USC and Auburn that year, just like USC and LSU the prior year, but you can't.

And when I say a 'top conference', I mean my so-called 'Big 4' of SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 and Big 12. Sorry, but the ACC and BE still belong at the kid's table right now. A one-loss team from any of the Big 4 will mop the floor vs. any undefeated champ from the 'other 2' plus all the non-BCS conferences. This may not be true a few years from now with those others constantly improving (hopefully), but it is now and has been since this thing was created. Simple fact....

Another reason why I won't watch college football til they get some kind of working playoff system.

Tournament. All other formats are insane. Apples and oranges are your opinon. The games are true. Telling me who would win a game without the game being played goes against the basic fundamentals of reality.