[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GO BEARS!

rocknrobn26

Nice to see them bring all areas to the game today.

Good to see the rushing game be in good shape, nice to see the defense creating TO's and the O turning them into big points.

It was a very boring game because it was over before you knew it...the largest halftime shutout in NFL history.

This team will be tough at home....yes, in the playoffs.

Good to see the rushing game be in good shape, nice to see the defense creating TO's and the O turning them into big points.

Thomas is still making me pull all my hair out with all his dancing around. He needs to put his head down and hit a defensive back to get the first down. It happened in the AZ game and this one where he should have put his head down, hit the defensive back and gotten the first down but with his dancing he came up a yard short. :D

Other than that GO BEARS! :D

Cause for Celebration. That D sensational, the Offense consistent, generally efficient. In two weeks we'll get a read on reality for SNF, and see if the Giants can pressure Rex, stop the run and exploit the D.

Go bears.

But with us having 4,182,932-0 half time lead I would love to see Benson show what he's got. I still don’t know what we have in him. I have some idea, but not enough to make a clear judgment on him. I think the bears would feel its important to know what you have in Benson. The only reason i could think of for them not playing Benson would be some kind of injury.

Go bears.

But with us having 4,182,932-0 half time lead I would love to see Benson show what he's got. I still don’t know what we have in him. I have some idea, but not enough to make a clear judgment on him. I think the bears would feel its important to know what you have in Benson. The only reason i could think of for them not playing Benson would be some kind of injury.

NFL is a business and people go to be entertain by the best players that's why you don't see P Manning being benched for a sub late in the games.

NFL is a business and people go to be entertain by the best players that's why you don't see P Manning being benched for a sub late in the games.

Benson was drafted/signed as a starting running back, Sorgi is not. The situation is a little bit different here.

Benson was drafted/signed as a starting running back, Sorgi is not. The situation is a little bit different here.

Geez...the bears are undefeated. No need to fix something that's not broke. Your starter has earned his opportunities to get carries to help make year end bonuses. No need to tick off anybody and start a RB controversy. Give your coach the benefit of the doubt he knows what Benson can do in a run away game.

Geez...the bears are undefeated. No need to fix something that's not broke. Your starter has earned his opportunities to get carries to help make year end bonuses. No need to tick off anybody and start a RB controversy. Give your coach the benefit of the doubt he knows what Benson can do in a run away game.

Yeah, you’re in the minority on this issue. You need to understand that they play football next year also. And you need to know what you have so you make the right decision for next year. I would agree with you only if this was the last year of football ever.

How can lovie know what Benson can do during a game if he does not get a chance? Seeing Benson in practice is not the same as seeing Benson during a game.

They were at home, they had a huge lead. That was the time to find out what you have.

Yeah, you’re in the minority on this issue. You need to understand that they play football next year also. And you need to know what you have so you make the right decision for next year. I would agree with you only if this was the last year of football ever.

How can lovie know what Benson can do during a game if he does not get a chance? Seeing Benson in practice is not the same as seeing Benson during a game.

They were at home, they had a huge lead. That was the time to find out what you have.

If he is than I am also. "dance w/ the one that brung ya" Lovie lives by that. They could split runs between the 2, but why? Why experiment w/ Benson, as long as TJ is getting the job done? Would Benson be an improvement? Who's the better pass blocker? Is there an attitude problem?

Maybe CB should have gotten more carries in the second half. I trust Lovie and until proven otherwise, he's doing a great job. Until it's broke, don't fix it.

Who's the better pass blocker?

I trust Lovie and until proven otherwise, he's doing a great job. Until it's broke, don't fix it.

IMO TJ is not a good pass blocker, there were a bunch of times when he missed his blocker during the season. Is he better than Benson? probably, but we don’t know.

But I agree In lovie I trustie. He has proven that he knows what he is doing.

IMO TJ is not a good pass blocker, there were a bunch of times when he missed his blocker during the season. Is he better than Benson? probably, but we don’t know.

But I agree In lovie I trustie. He has proven that he knows what he is doing.

I'll give you he's no Walter in that regard, but decent.

If he is than I am also. "dance w/ the one that brung ya" Lovie lives by that.

Then why isn't Orton the QB?

Why experiment w/ Benson, as long as TJ is getting the job done?

I can think of 35 million rea$on$ why the owner should want to see him. If you bought a sports car, would you still just drive the station wagon because it can get you there? Fortunately Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams went to teams more open to experimenting.

Would Benson be an improvement?

I honestly think we will never know. Maybe ever. By the time the Bears are through jerking him around I seriously doubt he will ever amount to much in CHI.

Who's the better pass blocker?

This takes three angles: 1.) How can he get better if he does not play; 2.) Why are they passing when they are ahead 41-0 anyway?; 3.) How is it that any inexperienced RB ever plays if their supposed inability to pass block is a liability?

Is there an attitude problem?

If there isn't, there should be. I would if I were him. So would pretty much everyone. It's been a year and a half. By now, it's more about they just won't use him because they just won't use him.

Maybe CB should have gotten more carries in the second half. I trust Lovie and until proven otherwise, he's doing a great job. Until it's broke, don't fix it.

I strongly think Benson will never amount to much in CHI because of the way he has been viewed and treated. He screwed himself last year with the holdout. By now, he's just yesterday's news in CHI without ever having been given a shot. I would guess he might end up being a decent runner on another team eventually, but it won't be in CHI.

I do think it will come back to bite CHI. Jones has never played all 16 games in a season ever, and if a 41-10 blowout isn't a spot to give Benson some work then I cannot imagine when it would be better. So when Jones gets injured - or leaves next year - you have Benson still trying to get into flow of the NFL because he's never been anything more than a cameo player.

How much would it screw with your head if you come into the NFL as the 5th player drafted, given $35 million, then never used? That you are finally named the starter in the summer of your second season and when you miss a couple of weeks injured the job is handed back to a guy nursing a hamstring strain.

And you hear on the radio the coaches telling the media that you are going to be given a heavier workload this week even though they never told you. And then they don't even do it. If I were Benson and it was a "regular job", I would just quit and go somewhere else.

Shame though - we will never know I guess.

In the NFL there is an unwritten rule that says you always play the game like it was the last football game ever. That's why you rarely see any teams benching their players late in the season even though they are assured a certain spot in the playoffs or none at all. Last year Miami's Coach Sabin got in a little trouble when he came out publicly late in the season and said he didn't care if they won or lost they were working on next year. That's a no no in the NFL.

How much would it screw with your head if you come into the NFL as the 5th player drafted, given $35 million, then never used? And you hear on the radio the coaches telling the media that you are going to be given a heavier workload this week even though they never told you. And then they don't even do it. If I were Benson and it was a "regular job", I would just quit and go somewhere else.

Shame though - we will never know I guess.

The Bears are a stupid organization...

I would have signed for $300,000.00 to not play running back...

Then why isn't Orton the QB? You'll have to explain that one. At best Orton didn't screw up last year.

I can think of 35 million rea$on$ why the owner should want to see him. If you bought a sports car, would you still just drive the station wagon because it can get you there? Fortunately Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams went to teams more open to experimenting. Why should the Bears experiment? $35m may be a reason, but I guess it's not in this case. And the Bears have a history of doing just that!

I honestly think we will never know. Maybe ever. By the time the Bears are through jerking him around I seriously doubt he will ever amount to much in CHI. Everyone is saying the Bears are jerking him around. There could be a 'locker room' reason, attitude, skills (or lack thereof) displayed in practice....all of which the fans will never REALLY learn about.

This takes three angles: 1.) How can he get better if he does not play; 2.) Why are they passing when they are ahead 41-0 anyway?; 3.) How is it that any inexperienced RB ever plays if their supposed inability to pass block is a liability? 1) No argument, he should have played more yesterday. 2) Grossman can use all the practice he can get. :D 3)True.

If there isn't, there should be. I would if I were him. So would pretty much everyone. It's been a year and a half. By now, it's more about they just won't use him because they just won't use him.

I strongly think Benson will never amount to much in CHI because of the way he has been viewed and treated. He screwed himself last year with the holdout. By now, he's just yesterday's news in CHI without ever having been given a shot. I would guess he might end up being a decent runner on another team eventually, but it won't be in CHI. Very possible, but the $35m vs his lack of playing time tells me there IS a lot more to this than a "A poor misunderstood Cedric" story.

I do think it will come back to bite CHI. Jones has never played all 16 games in a season ever, and if a 41-10 blowout isn't a spot to give Benson some work then I cannot imagine when it would be better. So when Jones gets injured - or leaves next year - you have Benson still trying to get into flow of the NFL because he's never been anything more than a cameo player. Very possible!

How much would it screw with your head if you come into the NFL as the 5th player drafted, given $35 million, then never used? That you are finally named the starter in the summer of your second season and when you miss a couple of weeks injured the job is handed back to a guy nursing a hamstring strain.

And you hear on the radio the coaches telling the media that you are going to be given a heavier workload this week even though they never told you. And then they don't even do it. If I were Benson and it was a "regular job", I would just quit and go somewhere else. As I said there HAS to be a lot more to this.

Shame though - we will never know I guess. Possible, but time will tell. Why does this remind me of Lou Brock vs the Cubs? :D

In the NFL there is an unwritten rule that says you always play the game like it was the last football game ever. That's why you rarely see any teams benching their players late in the season even though they are assured a certain spot in the playoffs or none at all.

Do you mean like the way Lovie bench the starting D in Minnesota for the last game of the year last year? :D

Look I love the job Lovie is doing and I trust he knows what he is doing, I'm just anxious to see if Benson is any good. Though I'm not a professsional or anything, but I thought a 41-0 lead would be a good time to see what Benson can do with little risk to the team or the lead. But what do I know. :D