[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chocolate

Meat Face

I am a connoisseur of only two foods: pizza and chocolate (preferably >70% cocoa). Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find good pizza in California. Fortunately, it is easy to find good chocolate. I may have recently found the best chocolate I've ever eaten, and I want to share it with you in case anyone here enjoys high quality chocolate.

Go to Whole Foods and pick up a little brick of Blanxart, from Spain (72%). So chocolatey. So delicious.

best chocolate I've had = Blanxart 72% (Spain).

best value chocolate = Villar's 72% (Swiss), can be found at Trader Joe's.

best easy to find chocolate = Scharffenberger 70% or 82% (USA).

Dark Chocolate is one of my favorite of many indulgences! I prefer the 70 to 80% and love to taste test chocolates side by side. This is one of my favorite chocolate sites:

Chocosphere

Amedei is the best hands down, but recent articles in Food and Wine and Wine Spectator etc.. have sent prices up and it has become pretty scarce. But well worth a try!

This is one of my favorite Chocolatiers made in a little farmhouse in Indiana of all places! :

Ghyslain Chocolate

Les Truffes au Naturel are one of my favorites and are a great deal!!!

I'll have to try the Blanxart, I have bought the Scharffenberger and the Callebaut (sp) at Whole Foods but not the Blanxart.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I tried this limited edition Scharffenberger yesterday. Quite good.

I had that over Thankgiving. Very tasty. I also discovered a colombian chocolate that had cinnamon and hot pepper mixed in. I can't remember th ename, but this stuff was awesome. I'll see if I can find it. I do remember I got it at Wegmans.

I am a connoisseur of only two foods: pizza and chocolate (preferably >70% cocoa). Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find good pizza in California. Fortunately, it is easy to find good chocolate. I may have recently found the best chocolate I've ever eaten, and I want to share it with you in case anyone here enjoys high quality chocolate.

Go to Whole Foods and pick up a little brick of Blanxart, from Spain (72%). So chocolatey. So delicious.

best chocolate I've had = Blanxart 72% (Spain).

best value chocolate = Villar's 72% (Swiss), can be found at Trader Joe's.

best easy to find chocolate = Scharffenberger 70% or 82% (USA).

When I read your post, I went to the Spanish Table website to remember what my favorite chocolate was. I tried it there some time ago. It was, of all things, Blanxart! So, I wholeheartedly concur.

• 4 weeks later...