[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you feel about playing Colston as a TE

Scorcher

One of my leagues is a Yahoo league, and I am in 4th place( no divisions) and I have struggled with TE's all season while playing Colston as a receiver. Those of you who play him as a TE, have you gotten any flack from your opponents? I'm thinking about doing it, when Jennings returns my wr's will be Holt, Boldin, Henry, and Jennings,Colsten TE. So far I've played him as a WR. Something inside me tells me he's a WR not a TE. This isn't an FFB advice question. From a standpoint of ethics, what would you do?

Well you know where I stand on the issue from the poll I posted. But if the league you're in knows and the majority of the league teams don't have a problem with it then I guess you are free to do as you wish.

lik

I have always played him as a WR, and have been winning. I('m tempted but I just wouldn't feel like any win with Colston as a Te wouldn't be legitimate. It's like winning because your opponent forgot to set his line-up.

Here's a suggestion, if you don't want to pee off the league you are in, do a poll on your league website. Let the majority decide.

I personally can't believe he was listed as a flex te/wr on Yahoo and a te on EASports.

lik

Colston is played as a TE in all three leagues I'm in ... I've got him in one of them. If he's listed as a TE in that setting, he can play TE in that setting. When ZHilton fizzled and EConwell was still recovering, I don't think anyone in New Orleans knew who was going to be the TE or if they'd even have one! Colston was a big strong no name rookie - so he got the tag. Dual eligibility was the onllllly reason I picked him up as I had my hopes pinned on ZHilton becoming the next Gates -- heck, I'd never heard of him.

He is not a TE. I don't care about when I hear (Colston owners) state that he lines up "near" the TE spot in the red zone. So does a number of receivers and they are only WRs. This is one of the reasons I don't like Yahoo leagues, you can't just designate a player as a "flex" over everyone else.

It's too bad they listed him as a TE, however using the rules to your team's advantage in any sport is not only OK but is the duty of any coach, player, owner etc. Personally I don't appreciate when my opponent does not take full advantage of the rules regardless of how silly a rule might be.

If you are playing against me START Colston at TE.

It's too bad they listed him as a TE, however using the rules to your team's advantage in any sport is not only OK but is the duty of any coach, player, owner etc. Personally I don't appreciate when my opponent does not take full advantage of the rules regardless of how silly a rule might be.

If you are playing against me START Colston at TE.

That's very noble, but if you are playing against ME, I'd much rather you had Ernie Conwell or the like at TE.

That's very noble, but if you are playing against ME, I'd much rather you had Ernie Conwell or the like at TE.

Few years back the Saints used a former Arkansas WR as their TE with nice results in regard to FF. Not sure what happen to the guy. Think his name was Boo Williams? Don't get me wrong, fortunately in the leagues I play in Colston is only lised as a WR, however I would never look down on my opponent for taking advantage of the situation anymore than I would if he starts a RB who gains a net 5 yds and scores 3 TD's.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Few years back the Saints used a former Arkansas WR as their TE with nice results in regard to FF. Not sure what happen to the guy. Think his name was Boo Williams? Don't get me wrong, fortunately in the leagues I play in Colston is only lised as a TE, however I would never look down on my opponent for taking advantage of the situation anymore than I would if he starts a RB who gains a net 5 yds and scores 3 TD's.

Didn't say I'd look down on him. I wouldn't.

That said, if he had the choice to play Colston at WR or TE, I'd much rather have him play Colston at WR and the Conwell-esque guy at TE.

I too am in one Yahoo league, it just happens to be my local league (a bunch of cheap bastards). I have started him on a number of occassions as a TE over Heap. I started him as a WR this past week because of Jennings injury, but I have not problem starting him as a TE, and will continue to do so as long as it will let men. Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone has even noticed.

I think that Colston owners should have the balls enough to request that he be played as a wide.

Heh, I want to play him as a wide! I even tried contacting cbs soprtsline to get it changed. He's listed as a WR, but he'll only go into the TE position.

From the other thread:

He is obviously not a TE. If someone allowed me to play him as a TE, then great, I have no problem taking advantage of idiots when it comes to FF. There's no way I would allow someone else in one of my leagues to get away with it, but I'm not in any leagues that use a site that would allow it... so moot point.

Follow your league rules, if he's eligible to play at TE (as in Yahoo!), do it and have no regrets.

Exactly... In one of my Yahoo leagues he's designated as W/T and can be played as either a TE or a WR, but since our rules are set up so any WR can be plugged into a TE spot, or the W/T spot, it doesn't matter. Of course, I sat him this week, so that doesn't really matter for me anyway...

Heh, I want to play him as a wide! I even tried contacting cbs soprtsline to get it changed. He's listed as a WR, but he'll only go into the TE position.

That sucks. Your hands are kind of tied I guess. Can your commish manually make the scoring change? Should be quick enough each week.

Edited by Duchess Jack

From the other thread:

He is obviously not a TE. If someone allowed me to play him as a TE, then great, I have no problem taking advantage of idiots when it comes to FF. There's no way I would allow someone else in one of my leagues to get away with it, but I'm not in any leagues that use a site that would allow it... so moot point.

To be fair, leagues that have Colston as a TE should admit the error ASAP and correct it even if it hurts the owners who picked him off waivers or even drafted him provided the league rules allow this kind of correction. I would confidently wager that no one drafted him in a FF league as their #1 TE.

Um,, Gonzo and Gates line up wide often, and are the key receiver on their respective teams. So save that arguement where a player lines up. And if Colston is listed as a TE, you play him there, end of story.

This is like most fantasy sports, in baseball there are closers like Pappelbon listed as a SP/RP, but he is the closer of the Red Sox. In every league I was in, he was being used as a SP, as SP pitch less often, and you gain an advantage by using an extra closer in your lineup, than those who do not have one that is SP eligible. Same thing for Basketball. Tim Duncan has been a PF his whole career, but has been Center eligble as well. Few teams ever play him at PF, as he is more valuable at C. And finally, in football. For those of you who play in IDP leagues, there are DL/LB who move from one position in the game to another on certain defensive schemes. So if Julius Peppers drops into coverage, should he not be Dl eligible anymore. Or Greg ellis who has been a Dl his whole career, but now rushes the passer from his LB position, not be LB eliglbe anymore.

This is a moot point, if the league you are in allows him to be positioned at a TE, you start him at TE. He certainly isnt as valuable at WR and the gripes about where he lines up are bogus. If that was the case, you would have to eliminate Gates, Gonzo and Heap from the Te position as well.

As commish in my league through EA I can only go by what the site has him at and that is TE/WR.Do I think it is wrong?Yes I do.This guy is even listed on the Saints site as WR.He is by far the #1 TE in our league and the owner uses him at that position.This really should be corrected at all FF sites but I just do not see it happening.With that said there have been no sour grapes in my league at all.

The Saints drafted him as a TE. As soon as he was put in as a WR on the depth chart that should have changed on these fantasy sites. Another vote for MyfantasyLeague where you can change players positions yourself if needed.

Sad thing is some of these fantasy servers seem to be like some of the guys that join the free leagues. Once the draft is done so are they. It's not unusual to see them not change a position, leave in a retired player, not change the team name if they have changed among other things.

I would say if it were me I would play him at WR if it let me but if he could only be a TE than play him at TE. If people complained and you dropped him someone else would likely pick him up and try it.

As commish in my league through EA I can only go by what the site has him at and that is TE/WR.Do I think it is wrong?Yes I do.This guy is even listed on the Saints site as WR.He is by far the #1 TE in our league and the owner uses him at that position.This really should be corrected at all FF sites but I just do not see it happening.With that said there have been no sour grapes in my league at all.

Its the commish's job then, to recalculate the points for the Colston owner and manually enter them. :D