[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best RB in big D.

slickvick

Just curious to see what others think and this has nothing to do with owning Barber in my league.Jones is a very good RB but from what I see with Barber he is a better receiver and looks more elusive than Jones.

I like Barber better myself. He's a better blocker, and he runs with much more authority than Jones. He never goes down on first contact, unlike Jones, who rarely breaks a tackle.

That being said, the rotation is really working. Jones is fresh and productive. I can't complain about the RBBC there. Not sure of the numbers, but Dallas is certainly top 10 in the league rushing. I understabd some frustration from an FF standpoint, but it aint broke, so no need to fix it. As a 'Boys fan I like the RB system currently in place.

Jones - plays well when everyone knows he is going to run. Fights for yards on any down. Has learned to take a hit and to play hurt. Reliable as a workhorse. Can take it the distance from inside and outside.

Barber - just like any good 3rd down back. Has exaggerated YPC as long as he ends up 1 yard shy of the first down (Chris Perry, Kevin Faulk, Larry Centers, etc). Pass blocks well and fights for yards near the goal line. Makes the most of his playing time since every play is rare for him. Not sure he could handle a full load when defenses prepare for him. Should last a long time in the league with the role he is playing.

Best for an entire game = JJ

Best for change of pace = MB

Best to run down the opposition's mouth = JJ

Best third down option= MB

Best for special teams = TT

Best to run wild in a blowout = TT

I think Parcells is using them correctly.

It's the chuckleheads that want their 11th round FF RB to get more time that think differently.

Jones - plays well when everyone knows he is going to run. Fights for yards on any down. Has learned to take a hit and to play hurt. Reliable as a workhorse. Can take it the distance from inside and outside.

Barber - just like any good 3rd down back. Has exaggerated YPC as long as he ends up 1 yard shy of the first down (Chris Perry, Kevin Faulk, Larry Centers, etc). Pass blocks well and fights for yards near the goal line. Makes the most of his playing time since every play is rare for him. Not sure he could handle a full load when defenses prepare for him. Should last a long time in the league with the role he is playing.

Best for an entire game = JJ

Best for change of pace = MB

Best to run down the opposition's mouth = JJ

Best third down option= MB

Best for special teams = TT

Best to run wild in a blowout = TT

I think Parcells is using them correctly.

It's the chuckleheads that want their 11th round FF RB to get more time that think differently.

Agreed.

JJ is the primary back because he is much faster and able to break a game open much better than MB.

MB is a tough runner, can catch and get short yards, but no way he has better moves and speed than JJ. Parcells likes them both and is very comfortable with the way they are used. JJ is healthy and not fumbling and MB is adding a nice COP when he comes in.

The biggest knock on Julius that I know of is the fact that he missed several games in both seasons so far. It don't matter if you are a better RB if you can't make it on the field. Personally, I am not convinced that Julius is that much better than Barber ... Marion seems to be able to catch better and also seems more dependable.

PS - I haven't seen a whole lot of games, but speak rather as one who just looks at the stats and also reluctantly owned both back last year in FF. Something I didn't do this year because of the choosing which one to start.