[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoffs if the season eneded now

muck

AFC:

IND 7-0

NE 5-1

BAL 5-2

DEN or SD 5-2

Wildcards:

DEN or SD 5-2

CIN or JAX or KC at 4-3

NFC:

CHI 7-0

NYG 5-2

ATL or NO 5-2

SEA or STL 4-3

Wildcards:

ATL or NO 5-2

SEA or STL or DAL ... all at 4-3 ... or MIN currently at 4-2

...any big surprises?

For me, the biggest positive surprises are BAL and KC in the AFC ... and ... NO in the NFC. The biggest disappointments have been CIN (thought they'd have a better record) and PIT (wasn't expecting much from them, but they've under performed even that) in the AFC and I am/was expecting PHI, WAS and TB to all have .500 records or better (in the case of PHI), and they're not doing it.

At the risk of responding even though I have no idea what eneded means....

CHI is head & shoulders above everyone in the NFC. They are a complete team on both sides of the ball & have great depth to go with the talent. I never saw the offensive explosion to go with the uber-D coming. The only team that I could see hanging with them might be the Giants on a good day - they've played one hell of a schedule & are still 5-2 . ATL could be a dark horse if in fact Vick has learned to complete passes on a regular basis.

On the other side, IND is the team to beat, but teams with very poor run Ds usually don't go very deep into the playoffs, and their run D is as weak or weaker than any team in the NFL.

CIN is smoke-and-mirrors, Carson Palmer just isn't the same guy since his injury - not even a close shadow, and their team overall has been hurt badly by bad actors. JAX got whipped badly by a poor HOU team, KC got whipped badly by a poor PIT team. Hard to see CIN, JAX, or KC as serious contenders.

The rest of the teams? NE owns IND, who owns DEN, who owns NE. SD showed everyone last year how to pull IND's fangs. BAL & SD are both damn dangerous with their superb Ds. Seeding & early matchups are going to go a long ways towards seeing who survives the AFC side to see who goes to the big dance.

CHI is head & shoulders above everyone in the NFC. They are a complete team on both sides of the ball & have great depth to go with the talent. I never saw the offensive explosion to go with the uber-D coming. The only team that I could see hanging with them might be the Giants on a good day - they've played one hell of a schedule & are still 5-2 . ATL could be a dark horse if in fact Vick has learned to complete passes on a regular basis.

Chicago almost was beat by the Vikings and it took an act of God for them to come back against Arizona. Thye have beat 2 teams that have winning records (Vikings and Seahawks). They have played teams with a combined 17-32 record. They play in the weakest division and have one of the softest schedules. They are definitely a very good team and they look pretty balanced. But I think they are benefactors more of a very easy schedule them truly being head and shoulders over anyone else.

The rest of the teams? NE owns IND, who owns DEN, who owns NE. SD showed everyone last year how to pull IND's fangs. BAL & SD are both damn dangerous with their superb Ds. Seeding & early matchups are going to go a long ways towards seeing who survives the AFC side to see who goes to the big dance.

NE owned IND. While IND isn't the same team it was in the past, NE has lost too many weapons on both side of the balls as well as coaches from where they were at a few years ago. Next weeks game I think will show a lot whether the NE monkey has gotten off IND's back, or if it's still around.