[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sportsline confirms Gonzales can hit FA..

Avernus

Tony Gonzalez, TE KC

News: FOXSports.com reports that Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez says the final years of his current deal with the Chiefs have voided and that he can become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. He wants to return to the Chiefs but realizes that he could wind up elsewhere if the two sides cannot come to terms. "I would love to end my career here but I'm a realist and know there is a real possibility I could end up hitting the open market," said Gonzalez. "We've had some talks, we both gave proposals recently but we're pretty far apart. At this point I've told my agent I don't really want it to be a distraction during the season."

Analysis: Gonzalez now has added motivation to play well for the rest of the season. Chances are you aren't thinking about benching him anyway, but this should cement him on your roster for the rest of the year. Gonzalez caught six passes for 116 yards vs. Seattle in Week 8 and remains a top-end Fantasy TE. Definitely use him at St. Louis in Week 9.

I forget who said this before the season, but they were right and the last 2 or 3 years are void...

this makes things interesting..