[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Alexander

bushwacked

Shaun Alexander is not expected to play against Oakland next Monday, coach Mike Holmgren said today.

Holmgren said last week he hoped Alexander would be back for the Raiders, but the coach said that doctors have not cleared him to return.

Alexander has missed four games because of a cracked bone in his left foot, and Seattle has gone 2-2 in those games. The Seahawks have rushed for 302 yards in those four games, averaging 3.5 yards per carry. Maurice Morris started four games in place of Alexander, and rushed for 183 yards in those games.

The Seahawks rushed for 47 yards in Sunday's loss to Kansas City and didn't sustain a drive longer than 1:49 in the second half.

Alexander was the league's MVP last year when he set the NFL's single-season record for touchdowns. He suffered a bone bruise in the season-opening game in Detroit, and after the third game the injury had worsened. Tests detected what was diagnosed as a non-displaced fracture in the fourth metatarsal, meaning a crack.

The injury has improved, Holmgren said, but the doctors don't feel it has healed sufficiently for him to return. Alexander did some running last week, but he did not make cuts.

seriously, did anyone honestly think he would be back in three weeks?

My prediction is that he comes back sometime in the next month and promptly hurts his foot again, ending his season. I'm an SA owner, but I don't buy for a minute that he's coming back anytime soon.

seriously, did anyone honestly think he would be back in three weeks?

No, but I didn't think six weeks would be out of the question for a non displaced fracture reported to be near the top of his fourth toe.

Edited by bushwacked

At this point I'll be happy if he's back in time (and in shape) for our fantasy playoffs.

That's what I'm thinking. Most fantasy playoffs are weeks 14-16, which is when mine will be played. So far my team is still 5-3 without Alexander mainly because I was able to trade for Ronnie Brown to help save my team, but I'm pretty sure it will take Alexander a week or two to get back into his old MVP form after the injury. This SUCKS!

So he is slated as making a possible return in his home game against the Rams, however, with the way his foot sounds I will not be surprised in the least bit if he doesn't return until week 11 against the 49ers (same time Hasselbeck is slated to return). I suppose the good news is that while he is missing the Seahawks first MNF game against Oakland, he should be available for the next MNF game against Green Bay during week 12.

This injury is certainly taking a toll on my team though, and it really is starting to become much more of an annoyance the more I hear about how poorly Alexander is doing with his possible return timetable.

According to Fox Sports, Alexander's foot is not healing properly. This smells like trouble. He's not a lock at all for Week 10.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6120112?FSO1&ATT=HMA

I wonder if it would pretty much end his season this year if he decides to have surgery??? I'm assuming it will be season ending but wow... the news simply gets worse and worse every day. :D

For someone who has owned Alexander for a long time in a dynasty league, it's hard to be upset. The guy has been unbreakable. And at his position, that's even rarer. I just hope he heals completely before trying to come back. It's hilarious that he has the "soft" label. If SA is soft, Fred Taylor, Tatum Bell, Warrick Dunn, and DeShaun Foster are what?

Edited by CaptainHook

For someone who has owned Alexander for a long time in a dynasty league, it's hard to be upset. The guy has been unbreakable. And at his position, that's even rarer. I just hope he heals completely before trying to come back. It's hilarious that he has the "soft" label. If SA is soft, Fred Taylor, Tatum Bell, Warrick Dunn, and DeShaun Foster are what?

:D This is true. It's only inevitable that he starts to break down the older he gets. I hope he remains healthy enough to finish out the year, and even then I wonder what to expect of him in the next couple of years. I can only assume his health will only continue to decline, especially since he becomes 30 at the start of next season.

That's what I'm thinking. Most fantasy playoffs are weeks 14-16, which is when mine will be played. So far my team is still 5-3 without Alexander mainly because I was able to trade for Ronnie Brown to help save my team, but I'm pretty sure it will take Alexander a week or two to get back into his old MVP form after the injury. This SUCKS!

So he is slated as making a possible return in his home game against the Rams, however, with the way his foot sounds I will not be surprised in the least bit if he doesn't return until week 11 against the 49ers (same time Hasselbeck is slated to return). I suppose the good news is that while he is missing the Seahawks first MNF game against Oakland, he should be available for the next MNF game against Green Bay during week 12.

This injury is certainly taking a toll on my team though, and it really is starting to become much more of an annoyance the more I hear about how poorly Alexander is doing with his possible return timetable.

I am not expecting last years Alexander when he does come back to be honest. they have not been able to run the ball all year whether it be Alexander or Morris back there. no doubt that Alexander will do better than Morris...but I don't think it will be that dramatic of a difference.

The Seahawks don't have the line to run like they did last year and this years offense is spending alot less time on the field because the defense cannot stop the run. 2 things that will kill a RB's fantasy value.

shaun alexanders injury is big. It is a small crack in his foot...which i did once.

i would consider myself and all around athlete, but my specialty is track and i had a small crack in the ball of my foot...and it took me 2 months to heal, and even then i couldnt cut, i could barely make a turn on a track.

These small little cracks are huge problems for a RB who has to cut every play...there is so much force on that ball of the foot and i wouldnt expect him to put up numbers until next year...

even if he feels fine, it he makes a cut during a game and feels the pain he is out for the season cuz it will just keep on cracking until it gets fixed...i traded him as soon as i heard it was a crack

What kind of break did Ty Law have a couple years back? He ended up missing the rest of the season with it.

Wasn't it a a fracture and dislocations of the joints in the midfoot? This seems different from what I've heard reported about SA's injury

These small little cracks are huge problems for a RB who has to cut every play...there is so much force on that ball of the foot and i wouldnt expect him to put up numbers until next year...

I'm no doctor and you guys maybe right. Ty Law's injury is more closely related to SA's than a cracked heal however.

I am in pretty good position to make the playoffs. I read that S Alexander still is a no go. I just traded Ron Brown, NYG DEF, and Cotchery (bench rider) for Morris, Alexander and PHI DEF ( I also have SD DEF).

I twisted my ankle once and broke a bone in my foot while playing football. I will tell you from personal experience that it took a lot longer than the week or two to heal that broken bone.. the sprain came around in a couple weeks but the bone took more like 6 weeks to heal. Alexander will now be off for his 6th week. He should be about good to go so the latest news that his bone is still cracked is a legit concern.

It's week 9. My playoffs are weeks 14 and 15. If I can get Alexander back in a couple 2-3 weeks I like my chances to make a run at the Championship (if I make the playoffs)... If he doest come back... then Ill be forced to play guys like Brandon Jacobs, Reggie Bush, Leon Washington, Marion Barber and Morris in my #2 AND Flex positions.

NOT a great situation to attempt win it all.....

That said.. NOW is the time to buy low on Alex IF you can afford to ride Morris or someone else a few more weeks in hopes of Alexanders return. If you are a risk taker now is the time !! Morris has stunk it up and anyone holding Alexander has got to be dying... they took him high and they dont have him yet again.

Seahawks schedule. It looks juicy... IF he makes it back.

9 vs Raiders

10 vs Rams

11 at 49ers

12 vs Packers

13 at Broncos

14 at Cardinals - Playoffs

15 vs 49ers - Playoffs

Edited by RussMan