[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mid-season ROY candidates

abishagenaden

Bush has been solid but not overly impressive.

Right now it's Colston's; I'd have put Greg Jennings right there with him but his injury has pretty much taken him out of the running. But Vince Young and Matt Leinart look capable of making a 2nd-half push.

While Maroney's numbers are nice, he's not even the primary RB on his own team.

Colston has gone from a 7th round pick (i.e., nearly an after thought) to supplanting a perennial All Pro (Joe Horn) at #1 WR for the resurgent Saints.

While Maroney's numbers are nice, he's not even the primary RB on his own team.

Colston has gone from a 7th round pick (i.e., nearly an after thought) to supplanting a perennial All Pro (Joe Horn) at #1 WR for the resurgent Saints.

:D without a doubt. Look at the "darling" team and what they're doing. The "magic" of it all. And this kid is KILLING defenses. I only see more numbers for him, as Brees loves those big red zone targets. Colston is by far the front runner, and any other rookie would be hard pressed to catch him. (barring injury or the unforseen of course) and it really pains me to say that, because I'm a Panther fan.

Id have to say Mark Anderson of da bears....I think all awards should go to the Bears this year....Its not often in the NFL that you see a team of this caliber...A matter of fact its been about 20 years since we have seen domination like this....

:D

Really. :D Look up the 2005 Colts. They were pretty dominant.

Right now Colstron. Hawk and Vince Young are improving, Jennings may be in the running if he gets back soon, but right now it's Colston and then Maroney.

Id have to say Mark Anderson of da bears....I think all awards should go to the Bears this year....Its not often in the NFL that you see a team of this caliber...A matter of fact its been about 20 years since we have seen domination like this....

:D

Another guy drinking too much orange and black kool-aid. The Bears have a great defense but have yet to prove that they can win in a big spot in the playoffs. Let's not annoint them yet. The regular season isn't everything just ask Peyton.

In my opinion they aren't the best team in the NFC. The New York Giants ARE. :D

To me it is D'Brick. I watched him running 20 yards downfield the week before last throwing blocks ahead of the runner. this guy is gonna give the Jets room to run all by himself for years to come.

I haven't seen the Jets play much....this is good news to hear...I haven't heard much from Mangold, though...

In the future, I'll only draft a Jet RB if the OL is good....and Mangini apparently knows what he is doing...

I haven't seen the Jets play much....this is good news to hear...I haven't heard much from Mangold, though...

In the future, I'll only draft a Jet RB if the OL is good....and Mangini apparently knows what he is doing...

I don't get to watch him all the time..but I have Coles,Crotchery,Pennington and Washington in different leagues so when I am flicking from channel to channel on the package if the Jets are on offense I watch them play. and I have been more impressed with D'Brick than any rookie offensive lineman I have ever seen. he is the main reason why the Jets offense has done betterthis year.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I would imagine that the vast majority of NFL ROY winners are drafted on "day one" of the draft.

Anyone have a list of ROY winners and where these players were drafted (or were RFAs)?

List but no cross-reference. There have been several 2nd rounders, but it looks like Mike Anderson was the last 2nd day pick.

Ruben Mayes was the last Saint(1986) and was the last Saint to win.

Edited by Randall

To me it is D'Brick. I watched him running 20 yards downfield the week before last throwing blocks ahead of the runner. this guy is gonna give the Jets room to run all by himself for years to come.

Man I sure hope you're right. But for this vote, I'm going with Colston. 7th rounder out of Hofstra...how did a 6'4", 230 pound WR last for 200 picks???

Edited by The Wolf

Look at Mark Anderson. Playing behind Ogunleye & Brown. Has 7.5 sacks, 4th in the NFL.

A stretch? Maybe, but the guy looks good!

I agree, For D-ROY my vote is for M anderson. He has the sacks, and 3 forced fumbles. we all seem to agree on the OROY, who else is in the defensive rookie hunt?