[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that M Vick is a big time QB

T-Scorp

After watching BJ implode last night and the fact that Vick is really hot right now, what is the chance that a team like the Vikings makes a move for Schaub? :D

There was a lot of talk about him this off season but Atlanta was not willing to give him up. Now he is sitting on the bench doing nothing. I know he is a RFA next year so Atlanta can match an offer.

Any thoughts out there?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schaub is a FA after this year, and since the trading deadline has passed, I'm pretty sure he won't resign with the Falcons. I doubt the Falcons will try to match any offer he most likely will be getting high offers.

Once again though, if you think about it who really needs a QB who won't get one in the draft? The draft has a lot great talent at QB this year.

Edited by CD6405

vick is still a liability to go down because he runs.. although im still not sure schaub is capable of running their current offense.. there would be some big changes required to run the offense with schaub at qb.

Exactly, the offense is built around Vick and he is now a throwing threat which was the knock on him. Schaub fits the WC offense much better. Brad is all but done and is not the future for the Vikings. I'm not giving up on the season but the Vikings are not better than the Giants, Bears, Cowboys, Panthers (they gave us that game) Falcons, and maybe Rams. Time to get the rookie Jackson in there if he is healthy to see what we have. :D

Looking at the off season of course. Maybe the better question is which teams will be in the hunt?

This also the reason tht the NFL needs to lengthen the trade deadline to at least week 9....

This also the reason tht the NFL needs to lengthen the trade deadline to at least week 9....

That's ridiculous, the trade deadline is fine where it is. Atlanta could have easily dealt him and gotten somethign for him, even a 3rd round pick would have been better than the empty locker they will have instead.

Once again though, if you think about it who really needs a QB who won't get one in the draft? The draft has a lot great talent at QB this year.

i'm betting a lot of teams would rather have a player who's been in the nfl learning an nfl offense for 3 years. look at rivers and palmer compared to the performance of rookies.

i'm betting a lot of teams would rather have a player who's been in the nfl learning an nfl offense for 3 years. look at rivers and palmer compared to the performance of rookies.

Yea, but I'd take Troy Smith, Brady Quinn, Chris Leak, Chad Henne, Brian Brohm, JeMarcus Russell, and Kevin Kolb over Matt Schaub anyday.

EDIT: Plus Schaub wasn't groomed to be a starter like Rivers and Palmer were.

Edited by CD6405

.. although im still not sure schaub is capable of running their current offense.. there would be some big changes required to run the offense with schaub at qb.

Sorry to disagree here, but in the game that he did start last year:

112 QB Rating

3 TD's

298 yds

0 Int

And that was against NE.

Think that he could run that O very will if Vick were to go down. That's what a backup is supposed to do. He doesn't appear to be a hinderance to Atlanta when he has to play. Don't think there would have to be a change to the O at all.

Yea, but I'd take Troy Smith, Brady Quinn, Chris Leak, Chad Henne, Brian Brohm, JeMarcus Russell, and Kevin Kolb over Matt Schaub anyday.

EDIT: Plus Schaub wasn't groomed to be a starter like Rivers and Palmer were.

I disagree big time. Outside of Quinn I'd take my chances with Schaub. His price tag probably won't be too high either in FA. He has upside, good size, good arm and has looked sharp in limited action. The Vikings, Bucs, Bills and Skins would all be wise to go after him.

I disagree big time. Outside of Quinn I'd take my chances with Schaub. His price tag probably won't be too high either in FA. He has upside, good size, good arm and has looked sharp in limited action. The Vikings, Bucs, Bills and Skins would all be wise to go after him.

The only team on that list that will be looking for a QB is the Bills.

Skins Jason Campbell

Bucs, Gruden is high on Gradokowski, so much they are willing to let go of Chris Simms

Vikings like Travaris Jackson.

Bills are the only ones that need a QB with the White Aaron Brooks aka JP Losman

EDIT: Plus, Quinn hasn't impressed me, have any of you actually watched college football and seen those other players play, or just going on the hype of ND? There is a reason Troy Smith is the Heisman leader by a landslide.

Edited by CD6405

The only team on that list that will be looking for a QB is the Bills.

Skins Jason Campbell

Bucs, Gruden is high on Gradokowski, so much they are willing to let go of Chris Simms

Vikings like Travaris Jackson.

Bills are the only ones that need a QB with the White Aaron Brooks aka JP Losman

EDIT: Plus, Quinn hasn't impressed me, have any of you actually watched college football and seen those other players play, or just going on the hype of ND? There is a reason Troy Smith is the Heisman leader by a landslide.

I disagree again.

Gibbs likes veteran QB's and Campbell is still young and obviously not ready. Brunnell sucks but still remains the starting QB. I'm sure Snyder and the Skins will spend more to upgrade to Schaub.

The Bucs could use a QB upgrade.

The Vikings do like Jackson but Are they ready to hand over the team to Jackson? I'm not so sure.

As for the Bills, I'm glad we agree. :D

I disagree again.

Gibbs likes veteran QB's and Campbell is still young and obviously not ready. Brunnell sucks but still remains the starting QB. I'm sure Snyder and the Skins will spend more to upgrade to Schaub.

The Bucs could use a QB upgrade.

The Vikings do like Jackson but Are they ready to hand over the team to Jackson? I'm not so sure.

As for the Bills, I'm glad we agree. :D

Schaub is young too, he was drafted in 2004, Campbell was drafted in 2005 so they are only a year different. I don't think they would do that since Campbell was a first round draft pick.

I still think the Bucs will keep Gradokowski because Gruden likes him, only reason he will be gone is if Gruden is.

Vikings aren't gettin rid of Brad Johnson yet, he's not as bad as everyone thinks he is. He has averages WRs except Williamson and he's young.

a few other teams that may need a qb after this season.

Ravens. mcnair may hang it up depending on how things go

Chiefs. maybe green. maybe huard. but a possibility

Raiders. if walters doesn't show more the 2nd half of the season.

Ravens maybe, but they signed him to atleast 3 years right

Chiefs drafted Brodie Croyle, a good college QB

Raiders, yea they need one, but Al Davis won't trade for Schaub.

Schaub is a FA RFA after this year

Just an FYI.

Schaub will be a RFA after this year.

Rich McKay has already said that the Falcons will put the $1.801 million 1st Round Tender on Schaub.

At that level Tender & going by the book, it'll take a a 1st & 3rd rounder to get Schaub. The Falcons will likely be open to negoitiation so 1st & something else, would probably do it.

Just an FYI.

Schaub will be a RFA after this year.

Rich McKay has already said that the Falcons will put the $1.801 million 1st Round Tender on Schaub.

At that level Tender & going by the book, it'll take a a 1st & 3rd rounder to get Schaub. The Falcons will likely be open to negoitiation so 1st & something else, would probably do it.

That changes this discussion big time. I'm not sure too many teams will give up a 1st round pick and something else for Schaub who will probably want a new bigger contract too.

That changes this discussion big time. I'm not sure too many teams will give up a 1st round pick and something else for Schaub who will probably want a new bigger contract too.

If their first-round pick is too low to pick up Brady Quinn or Troy Smith, they might. If I were the Chiefs, I'd gladly give up my first-round pick for a guy who has already shown that he can succeed at the NFL level.

That's ridiculous, the trade deadline is fine where it is. Atlanta could have easily dealt him and gotten somethign for him, even a 3rd round pick would have been better than the empty locker they will have instead.

:D

See post #22 TVH.

By the book, the Falcons will be getting a 1st & 3rd, although more likely a 1st & something for Schaub.

And that's only IF they decide not to match.