[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that M Vick is a big time QB

T-Scorp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI.

Schaub will be a RFA after this year.

Rich McKay has already said that the Falcons will put the $1.801 million 1st Round Tender on Schaub.

At that level Tender & going by the book, it'll take a a 1st & 3rd rounder to get Schaub. The Falcons will likely be open to negoitiation so 1st & something else, would probably do it.

I know he is a RFA thats why at the end of my statement i said I doubt the falcons will try to resign him (by matching an offer) because he probably will get a high offer.

I know he is a RFA thats why at the end of my statement i said I doubt the falcons will try to resign him (by matching an offer) because he probably will get a high offer.

Ahhh gotcha. :D

Just saw where you'd written he was a FA.

I can't believe a QB this horrible made it to the NFC Championship in less than half the amount of time it took Peyton to get to the AFC Championship.

To compare Vick to Peyton at this point in their careers is like comparing ... oh, I don't know ... Ben Roethlisberger to Troy Aikman ... wait - no Peyton isn't a HOFer yet but is pretty much a lock that he will be ... ok, yeah, I stand by my statement.

I can't believe a QB this horrible made it to the NFC Championship in less than half the amount of time it took Peyton to get to the AFC Championship.

(1) Vick is not "horrible."

(2) What Vick's TEAM did has nothing to do with what Peyton's TEAM has done.

(3) Peyton has two Leauge MVPs and holds at least two major NFL passing records. Vick is a below-average passer and hasn't set any QB rushing records, either. Why you would even bother comparing these two is beyond me.

To compare Vick to Peyton at this point in their careers is like comparing ... oh, I don't know ... Ben Roethlisberger to Troy Aikman ... wait - no Peyton isn't a HOFer yet but is pretty much a lock that he will be ... ok, yeah, I stand by my statement.

I think that a comparison of Randall Cunningham to Dan Marino would be more accurate. And Vick isn't even as good as Cunningham was.

Edited by Bill Swerski

(1) Vick is not "horrible."

(2) What Vick's TEAM did has nothing to do with what Peyton's TEAM has done.

(3) Peyton has two Leauge MVPs and holds at least two major NFL passing records. Vick is a below-average passer and hasn't set any QB rushing records, either. Why you would even bother comparing these two is beyond me.

I think that a comparison of Randall Cunningham to Dan Marino would be more accurate. And Vick isn't even as good as Cunningham was.

You're right, but Tom Brady's team has had a lot to do with what Peyton's team has not.

I'd actually like to chime in here. Adam Schein on Sirius was saying he thinks Schaub should get traded, because you can beef up the defense real good (being as you can get probably 2 first day draft picks for him) and how Vick is obviously the guy in ATL. (i didn't really understand that last part. Was there ever any thought he wasn't? :D)

But sure, Vick is throwing better, and if it keeps up, he'll be the best QB in the leauge. Or the most feared anyway.

But he still runs around and puts himself in danger constantly. All it takes is one big hit and he's out for half a season and perhaps longer.

I just don't think a veteran backup can carry a team like ATL. It's designed around Vick, and if Vick can't run it, you better have one helluva a QB in there that can run it, and more importantly, know and understand it.

Schaub has been in it, he knows it, he understands it. Of course he's not vick, but at least he's familiar with it, and a veteran QB is not going to re-learn however many years of football just because Vick might get hurt. I just dont see it working.

On the other side, I'm not sure what Schaubs contract situation is, and I"m sure he's desperate to be a starter somewhere, so he could be a monkey wrench in trying to keep him anyway.

The only way i see it working is if you draft a QB real late that has serious scramble capabilities, who would be willing to sit and learn until Vick goes down.

The only problem here is a QB with serious scramble capabilities isn't usually going to go so late, and drafting a QB high makes no sense.

Bottom line, ATL is screwed. :D

If he takes one big hit? He takes them all the time because he's a man who works who his money. But he has been running out of bounds more often than he did in the past. If you have seen the hits he's taken and gotten right back up, you wouldn't be worried. The time he broke his leg he was actually in the pocket.

On the other side, I'm not sure what Schaubs contract situation is, and I"m sure he's desperate to be a starter somewhere, so he could be a monkey wrench in trying to keep him anyway.
Maybe you should try reading this thread. :D

Then you'd know what Schaub's contract situation is & how McKay plans on handling it, instead of speaking outta your butt.

The only way i see it working is if you draft a QB real late that has serious scramble capabilities, who would be willing to sit and learn until Vick goes down.

The only problem here is a QB with serious scramble capabilities isn't usually going to go so late, and drafting a QB high makes no sense.

Already done.

Atlanta's 7th rounder this year was DJ Shockley, out of UGA.

He is a QB with serious scrambling capabilities who has been sitting & learning.

(As a side note, Shockley looked pretty good in the TC's I went to this summer)

Bottom line, ATL is screwed. :D

Gotta love uninformed posters. :bash:

Maybe you should try reading this thread. :D

Then you'd know what Schaub's contract situation is & how McKay plans on handling it, instead of speaking outta your butt.

Are you kidding me? Go back and read this thread. I did a quick scroll and saw a debate about Peyton and Brady. I saw Vick bashing, and someone say "well this thread sure got hijacked" so i just figured I'd start with my own thoughts AND OPINIONS. You really expect me to go back through and read it just to see if anyone actually covered something through all this nonsense. Please.

Gotta love uninformed posters. :bash:

We can't all be like you. :D

Are you kidding me? Go back and read this thread. I did a quick scroll and saw a debate about Peyton and Brady. I saw Vick bashing, and someone say "well this thread sure got hijacked" so i just figured I'd start with my own thoughts AND OPINIONS. You really expect me to go back through and read it just to see if anyone actually covered something through all this nonsense. Please.

You might want to work on your quick scrolling capabilities then. :D

Schaubs contract status is mentioned in posts 1, 5, 22, 23 on the 1st page

&

post 27 & 32 on the 2nd page.

We can't all be like you. :D

Sure you can.

If you can't be bothered to read the threads you're commenting in, work on your scrolling.

Then you could at least be a somewhat informed poster. :bash:

You might want to work on your quick scrolling capabilities then. :D

Schaubs contract status is mentioned in posts 1, 5, 22, 23 on the 1st page

&

post 27 & 32 on the 2nd page.

Sure you can.

If you can't be bothered to read the threads you're commenting in, work on your scrolling.

Then you could at least be a somewhat informed poster. :D

:bash: Touche. But your opinion is wrong :clap: