[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

MrTed46

I know his performance wasnt superb but seeing what he has been giving us FF owners this is a big step. I hope it continues.

I am not looking for stud performance but something a little more consistent...I hope Belik sticks with him and his game plan of smash mouth football.

Thoughts?

Getting rid of Fassell was the best thing to happen to Lewis. Billick is obviously going to scrap the RBBC & just feed Lewis the ball.

Last weeks game saw him going against a decent Run D in the Saints & facing 8 in the box all game long.

If McNair can keep the passing game going, Lewis won't be seeing 8 man fronts as often.

Those who have stuck with Lewis, will end up being rewarded IMO. :D

Getting rid of Fassell was the best thing to happen to Lewis. Billick is obviously going to scrap the RBBC & just feed Lewis the ball.

Last weeks game saw him going against a decent Run D in the Saints & facing 8 in the box all game long.

If McNair can keep the passing game going, Lewis won't be seeing 8 man fronts as often.

Those who have stuck with Lewis, will end up being rewarded IMO. :D

One can only hope you are right, I have him in 3 leagues right now and can use the production

31 runs for 101 yards? Thats been about what hes been doing overall isnt it?

You mean YPC? Probably.

But from a FF perspective I dont think hes gotten so many carries/yards yet..if he did it wasnt many times.

I am just optomistic since the Fasell is gone.

I know his performance wasnt superb but seeing what he has been giving us FF owners this is a big step. I hope it continues.

I am not looking for stud performance but something a little more consistent...I hope Belik sticks with him and his game plan of smash mouth football.

Thoughts?

Watched him run vs. the Saints and he has certainly lost a step or two, however any back that gets that many opportunities is worth something in FF.

if you think Lewis is going to run the ball 31 times a game, you are either going to be disappointed or Lewis is going to get hurt.

:D

I don't think anyone is expecting him to average 31 carries per game from now on DMD.

(at least I hope nobody is).

But considering his previous high for carries in a game was only 21 & he's seen as few as 9 carries this year, even if Lewis only averages 20+ from here on out, it will be a major improvement.