[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brad Johnson =

Savage Beatings

It seems like every week when I'm watching the Vikings I have to listen to the commentators opine about how efficient Brad Johnson is, and how he has won a Super Bowl, and he is a great game manager, and he won't do anything to lose the games for you, he could play for another 4 or 5 years, and he is intelligent and can read defenses... blah blah blah blabbity blah! :bash:

I'm tired of listening to their lies. Brad Johnson is just not a very good QB. Maybe he was once, but there is a reason why he was only considered a backup QB before Duante Culpepper got hurt. He makes bad reads. He makes bad decisions. He has zero arm strength, and even less mobility. :D

Brad Johnson has size and experience, and that's it! His 12 year old Opie Cunningham face is just ticking me off!

Granted the Vikings Wide Receivers aren't helping matters... they're dropping rocks faster than Rick James in a high speed police chase. But for the love of Gus, maybe if the ball were thrown somewhere in the same zipcode as the WR we could get at least a 50/50 chance of beating the opposing defense to it! Every trip to the redzone ends in disaster. Every 3rd down ends in disaster.

I'm sick and tired of all of the love and respect being given to Johnson... he's not a good QB. He should not be a starter. He is the lucky recipient of the "we don't have anybody else" sweepstakes! Where's Gino Torretta when you need him?

OK, I'm done. Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. :D

Lost your game for you last night eh

Well, not a fantasy game (I'm not THAT desperate in my leagues)... but I'm a huge Vikings homer, and I know that I have to wait until the 2008 season before the Vikes have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl.

Johnson finishes out this year, then moves on to yet another backup role for some other team... next year the Vikings start Tavaris Jackson, but it will take him a full year of playing full speed to work out the bugs... then the following year the Vikings begin the Dynasty run of Championships (with Opie Cunningham as just a bad, faded memory).

Not to sing the praises of Brad Johnson, but let's be fair here, McKinnie is about as useful at left tackle this year as a blocking sled. No wait, I take that back, a blocking sled has more mobility. I don't know what his problem is this year, but watching the game against the Patriots, Mount Sluggo was beaten regularly and often, much like a government mule. After any QB gets pounded into the turf from the blind side a couple times in rapid succession, they will rush their passes make poor decisions if they think pressure is coming again.

And McKinnie isn't getting beaten by blitzers either, just a straight up whoopin being put on him by the opposing defensive end.

And for what it's worth, I was really hoping to see Jackson come in at the end of the game. Unless he's still not 100% from his ankle injury.

And also, the offensive line as a whole has not played well this year, but the high priced left side has been a glaring weakness for a couple weeks now.

I wouldn't drop Brad Johnson just yet. Similar to other QB's who have been fortunate enough to play a secondary who may lead the nfl in all time points allowed, Johnson should earn you a victory this coming Sunday. I don't see why Johnson can't throw for 300+ and 3 scores this weekend.

Not to sing the praises of Brad Johnson, but let's be fair here, McKinnie is about as useful at left tackle this year as a blocking sled.

Granted the offensive line is playing well below expectations, but the mistakes that I've seen Brad Johnson make (not just against the Patriots but all season, and even last season) have been almost always due to his own suckiness, and not during the times that he is being hurried or chased down. I'm talking mostly abotu just blatantly inaccurate passes.

I wouldn't drop Brad Johnson just yet. Similar to other QB's who have been fortunate enough to play a secondary who may lead the nfl in all time points allowed, Johnson should earn you a victory this coming Sunday. I don't see why Johnson can't throw for 300+ and 3 scores this weekend.

When is the last time Brad Johnson has had a game with stats like that? I honestly can't remember... I don't think he has ever done it with the Vikings. :D

2005:

+----------+--------------------------+----------------+| WK  OPP  |  CMP  ATT   PYD  TD  INT |  RSH	YD  TD |+----------+--------------------------+----------------+|  1  tam  |	0	0	 0   0   0  |	0	 0   0 ||  3  nor  |	0	0	 0   0   0  |	0	 0   0 ||  4  atl  |	0	0	 0   0   0  |	0	 0   0 ||  6  chi  |	0	1	 0   0   0  |	0	 0   0 ||  7  gnb  |	0	0	 0   0   0  |	0	 0   0 ||  8  car  |   13   28   162   1   0  |	4	30   0 ||  9  det  |   15   22   136   2   0  |	1	-1   0 || 10  nyg  |   18   31   144   0   0  |	0	 0   0 || 11  gnb  |   18   30   196   0   1  |	4	13   0 || 12  cle  |   19   28   207   3   1  |	3	-2   0 || 13  det  |   17   23   256   2   0  |	4	 8   0 || 14  stl  |   16   25   146   0   0  |	1	-1   0 || 15  pit  |   16   30   143   0   2  |	1	 6   0 || 16  bal  |   25   36   248   2   0  |	0	 0   0 || 17  chi  |   27   40   247   2   0  |	0	 0   0 |+----------+--------------------------+----------------+|  TOTAL   |  184  294  1885  12   4  |   18	53   0 |+----------+--------------------------+----------------+

2006:

+----------+--------------------------+----------------+| WK  OPP  |  CMP  ATT   PYD  TD  INT |  RSH	YD  TD |+----------+--------------------------+----------------+|  1  was  |   16   30   223   1   0  |	1	-1   0 ||  2  car  |   19   31   243   0   1  |	3	 4   0 ||  3  chi  |   21   31   194   0   0  |	1	 0   0 ||  4  buf  |   25   44   267   1   2  |	3	18   0 ||  5  det  |   26   34   201   1   1  |	1	-1   0 ||  7  sea  |   15   24   171   1   0  |	3	 2   0 ||  8  nwe  |   20   33   185   0   3  |	1	 9   0 |+----------+--------------------------+----------------+|  TOTAL   |  142  227  1484   4   7  |   13	31   0 |+----------+--------------------------+----------------+

Savage you nailed it...watching that game made me realize that the Vikes offense is going NOWHERE with BJ...his lack of arm strength is kinda laughable...not that our receivers can catch if he gets it there anyway...

That being said, it's a great time to be a Vikings fan...I haven't seen a Viking team with a real defense in a long time...If they would have traded for Matt Schaub they would be a year closer to winning the super bowl...

300 and 3 huh...

:D

so if they yank Be-Rad, will they go with bollinger or jackson down the stretch (assuming jackson will be 100% healthy sometime soon)

Right now it looks like Childress would go with Bollinger as a replacement for Johnson (if that were to ever happen this season). And that's probably the right call. You want your rookie QB of the future to earn the starting job when he is ready, not fall into it just because the alternatives stink.

so if they yank Be-Rad, will they go with bollinger or jackson down the stretch (assuming jackson will be 100% healthy sometime soon)

From an interview with Childress this week:

Q: Do you see Tarvaris Jackson working his way into the #2 spot as the year goes on or do you see it kind of staying like it is?

A: I probably see it staying kind of like it is. I'd have to have probably a drastic reason to do that. I kind of like it the way it is. He's getting the turns he is getting. He is still growing within the system. He's able to take a look at it and observe. Obviously there is no junior varsity team. He doesn't get to play on Monday morning or anything like that. We love the competition but we love the competition for all of those guys. When we talk about rotating people and keeping them fresh, it's not something that you do at the quarterback position. Defensive linemen, you roll. Offensive linemen, you leave. There are certain positions where you roll people in and out. That's not one of them.

Q: With that said, have you found Brooks Bollinger to be pretty much up to speed since he didn't spend camp with you?

A: I do feel that way. He's taken a number of two-minute drills in our competitive situations and he's done a nice job of moving the team. That's really kind of the litmus. If he can do it out of a no-huddle and not have to shelter the huddle and somebody telling you what to call. First of all you've got to know what that play looks like and then you've got to be able to spit it out at the line of scrimmage and attack defenses and know your reads, so I would say yes, he's up to speed.

Well, not a fantasy game (I'm not THAT desperate in my leagues)... but I'm a huge Vikings homer, and I know that I have to wait until the 2008 season before the Vikes have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl.

Johnson finishes out this year, then moves on to yet another backup role for some other team... next year the Vikings start Tavaris Jackson, but it will take him a full year of playing full speed to work out the bugs... then the following year the Vikings begin the Dynasty run of Championships (with Opie Cunningham as just a bad, faded memory).

jackson wont start next year

What makes you say that? I think he has a good chance to start next year (certainly not guaranteed). I haven't seen anything written up about him to indicate otherwise.

just speculating... chili know his job is secure and will want to groom him.... they will bring in some else.. lets hope its not plummer or brooks :D

just speculating... chili know his job is secure and will want to groom him.... they will bring in some else.. lets hope its not plummer or brooks :D

Lol...a couple of us at work were just discussing this this morning and said the exact same thing. We did decide we'd take Plummer if it meant avoiding Brooks. :D

Unless/if/when we fall out of contention, you won't see Jackson this year. They might start to work him into some games next year and maybe get the nod at the starting job in 2008.

Lol...a couple of us at work were just discussing this this morning and said the exact same thing. We did decide we'd take Plummer if it meant avoiding Brooks. :D

Unless/if/when we fall out of contention, you won't see Jackson this year. They might start to work him into some games next year and maybe get the nod at the starting job in 2008.

i new you were smart... almost as smart as me :D