[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John L Smith Fired as MSU head coach.

GOB1

All I have to say is if they screw this one up we will never recover. As much as I hate UM I have to give them credit for have stability at the coaching ranks. I wish we could just get one guy that can establish something and keep it going. We have the $$$ and the facilities and even players (1st string only) that can play with anyone. What we do not have is a coach that is disciplined enough to keep the team up and paying attention. Why are we so cursed? WHy do we always have a major injury every year? Why do we always have so many d@mn penalites? Why, :D WHy :D WHy?... :bash:

All I have to say is if they screw this one up we will never recover. As much as I hate UM I have to give them credit for have stability at the coaching ranks. I wish we could just get one guy that can establish something and keep it going. We have the $$$ and the facilities and even players (1st string only) that can play with anyone. What we do not have is a coach that is disciplined enough to keep the team up and paying attention. Why are we so cursed? WHy do we always have a major injury every year? Why do we always have so many d@mn penalites? Why, :D WHy :D WHy?... :bash:

Ask yourself why Nick Sabin left Michigan State? Make those reasons go away and you guys can compete in the Big 10.

Inferiority complex. Michigan State is a 2nd class citizen for football in Michigan. It's that simple. What they need is a guy that will give them some discipline, like Nick Saban did before. Michigan State always has a lot of talent, but they got these softies for coaches. Get a guy that don't take sh|t, and will step in and do it his way or the highway. You got problem players? Boot there a$$es. John L. Smith is a super nice guy, I'm sure he's a great guy to have a conversation with, but sometimes nice dont cut it. "Players coaches" don't cut it.

Ask yourself why Nick Sabin left Michigan State? Make those reasons go away and you guys can compete in the Big 10.

Saban left for money reasons, plain and simple. Yeah, he might have left anyway for the NFL but the university did not step up and pay him. They did with JLS but they paid the wrong guy. I am hearing that Butch Davis is their target. We will see...

Saban left for money reasons, plain and simple. Yeah, he might have left anyway for the NFL but the university did not step up and pay him. They did with JLS but they paid the wrong guy. I am hearing that Butch Davis is their target. We will see...

Sabin left LSU for the same reason $$$$. Can't blame him at all. Sabin knows how to play the coaches game. Strike it rich while you can because most schools and/or teams will fire coaches as soon as things start going the other way.

Inferiority complex. Michigan State is a 2nd class citizen for football in Michigan. It's that simple. What they need is a guy that will give them some discipline, like Nick Saban did before. Michigan State always has a lot of talent, but they got these softies for coaches. Get a guy that don't take sh|t, and will step in and do it his way or the highway. You got problem players? Boot there a$$es. John L. Smith is a super nice guy, I'm sure he's a great guy to have a conversation with, but sometimes nice dont cut it. "Players coaches" don't cut it.

exactly...insert a goofy john l "well, we are what we are"...john you are right...shiatty...lol..it is a travesty he is still on the sidelines for the last three games...