[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sportsline no longer listing Colston as TE

chawk

How can Sportsline change Colston from TE to WR only in mid-season?? I drafted him as a back up TE, and now have LJ Smith on a bye and have no replacement. Shouldn't they leave it up to the individual leagues to decide whether or not he should be allowed listed as a TE?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are always pounding sportsline. They are still the best to me if not a close 2nd to MFL.

Wow, with an endorsement like that you must be an employee of sportsline or relative of one. Good luck with that sinking ship by the way. :D

Wow, with an endorsement like that you must be an employee of sportsline or relative of one. Good luck with that sinking ship by the way. :D

Nah, I've just been using them for 6 years straight and they are top notch. They have hick-ups sometimes but really provide the most for fantasy hosting sites IMO. What sites aren't slow sometimes or don't allow you to get on every once in a while?

I have him in a sportsline league and he's still listed as a TE...

way back around week 1 or week 2 I sent them an e-mail to make him a WR....

so he was listed as a WR, but when you do an add/drop or try to trade him or put him in your lineup, he's still a TE in WR's clothing..

and it's still like this....

I kind of want him as a WR right now so I won't have WR3 problems and put Watson as TE....

but when Jennings and Fitz come back, I'll have too many WR's...

I play in four leagues that use sportsline(not by my choice, although I've personally never had any problems with CBS) and Colston was never listed as a TE in any of them.

I think they have people who monitor this stuff.......and the person that monitors my league is just simple lazy....

that it took the idiots that long to change it is mindboggling. i don't think they have changed it at yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/depthchart

Yahoo has changed it on their main website. I think it's up to the league and their commissioners to do the right thing and fix this. We are working on it in my league. Unless you have been living under a rock all season there is no valid argument that would even support that M.C. is a TE.

Lik

Nah, I've just been using them for 6 years straight and they are top notch. They have hick-ups sometimes but really provide the most for fantasy hosting sites IMO. What sites aren't slow sometimes or don't allow you to get on every once in a while?

With the amount that they charge, the size of their company and relationship with the NFL they should've done a much better job. Yet every year the complaints increase and more users say they will switch some even in the middle of the season.

Edited by major-tom

Baseball eligibility changes all the time, when a catcher plays 5 games at 1B or OF or something like that they can be played at that position. Same as if they don't play a position, I think I lost Papelbohn as a SP candidate eventually.

:D (I'm assuming Yahoo Fantasy BB?) - Baseball players can GAIN eligibility at a new position by playing in a minimum of 5 games there, so you'll see "SS/2B/3B", etc.

Once a player gets that eligibility they keep it for the remainder of the season AND also maintain it to start the following year. So you get like a season and a half out of Schilling (end of 2005-all of 2006) as a SP/RP even though he wouldn't throw any relief innings this year.

I've never heard of a player losing eligibility in any sport, and making a mid-season switch is BS. Like it or not once a rule is in place and acted upon by anyone in the league- like grabbing Colston and playing him as your TE- then that rule has to stay in place for the remainder of the season IMO. Wheter it was in place mistakenly or not. Teams may have been signifigantly altered by that one particular rule/ A team with Colston trades away Tony Gonzalez for help at another position. Then Colston loses eligibility at TE- you are stuck with George Wrightster at TE- and your team suffers greatly through no fault of your own. You were playing by the rules as provided to you, and with something you had no control or influence over-like Yahoo eligibility-

Bad Business as far as I am concered.

:D (I'm assuming Yahoo Fantasy BB?) - Baseball players can GAIN eligibility at a new position by playing in a minimum of 5 games there, so you'll see "SS/2B/3B", etc.

Once a player gets that eligibility they keep it for the remainder of the season AND also maintain it to start the following year. So you get like a season and a half out of Schilling (end of 2005-all of 2006) as a SP/RP even though he wouldn't throw any relief innings this year.

I've never heard of a player losing eligibility in any sport, and making a mid-season switch is BS. Like it or not once a rule is in place and acted upon by anyone in the league- like grabbing Colston and playing him as your TE- then that rule has to stay in place for the remainder of the season IMO. Wheter it was in place mistakenly or not. Teams may have been signifigantly altered by that one particular rule/ A team with Colston trades away Tony Gonzalez for help at another position. Then Colston loses eligibility at TE- you are stuck with George Wrightster at TE- and your team suffers greatly through no fault of your own. You were playing by the rules as provided to you, and with something you had no control or influence over-like Yahoo eligibility-

Bad Business as far as I am concered.

With the Saints having TE problems in the spring there was a possibility that he was going to line up at TE. EASports and Yahoo had to make a judgment call to release their software packages and it turned out to be a bad one. I'm quite sure the most M.C. owners are people who have him picked him up after realizing they could get the unfair advantage of starting a WR at TE. If you are one of those few people who honestly drafted him for TE purposes, I'm sure you could make a trade offer on any TE in the league after your league changes him back to what he really is, a WIDE RECEIVER. Heck if you're slick enough you may even be able to grab up a decent wide receiver to go with the TE as well. I'm completely tired of hearing the few of you still whining about this. He is a WR accept and deal with it. So make your trades or goto the WW and pick yourself up a TE, you won't need a very good one as M.C. will probably produce enough points to cover for both positions and for God's sake quit your whining about it, you were probably one of those owners who tried to take advantage the error and in my eyes that is cheating everyone else in the league.

lik