[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sportsline no longer listing Colston as TE

chawk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of a player losing eligibility in any sport, and making a mid-season switch is BS. Like it or not once a rule is in place and acted upon by anyone in the league- like grabbing Colston and playing him as your TE- then that rule has to stay in place for the remainder of the season IMO. Wheter it was in place mistakenly or not. Teams may have been signifigantly altered by that one particular rule/ A team with Colston trades away Tony Gonzalez for help at another position. Then Colston loses eligibility at TE- you are stuck with George Wrightster at TE- and your team suffers greatly through no fault of your own. You were playing by the rules as provided to you, and with something you had no control or influence over-like Yahoo eligibility-

Bad Business as far as I am concered.

holy crap. someone actually gets it. :D

With the Saints having TE problems in the spring there was a possibility that he was going to line up at TE. EASports and Yahoo had to make a judgment call to release their software packages and it turned out to be a bad one. I'm quite sure the most M.C. owners are people who have him picked him up after realizing they could get the unfair advantage of starting a WR at TE. If you are one of those few people who honestly drafted him for TE purposes, I'm sure you could make a trade offer on any TE in the league after your league changes him back to what he really is, a WIDE RECEIVER. Heck if you're slick enough you may even be able to grab up a decent wide receiver to go with the TE as well. I'm completely tired of hearing the few of you still whining about this. He is a WR accept and deal with it. So make your trades or goto the WW and pick yourself up a TE, you won't need a very good one as M.C. will probably produce enough points to cover for both positions and for God's sake quit your whining about it, you were probably one of those owners who tried to take advantage the error and in my eyes that is cheating everyone else in the league.

lik

You just proved the antithesis of your point. They made a judgment call, and he was drafted based on that judgment call. You can't change it mid season, especially if you drafted him for such a purpose. It should've been handled beforehand, but because no one cared/knew of him, it's biting alot of people right now. oh well.

put something in your rules for next year if you must, but to change something like this mid season is totally unacceptable.

You just proved the antithesis of your point. They made a judgment call, and he was drafted based on that judgment call. You can't change it mid season, especially if you drafted him for such a purpose. It should've been handled beforehand, but because no one cared/knew of him, it's biting alot of people right now. oh well.

put something in your rules for next year if you must, but to change something like this mid season is totally unacceptable.

So lets get this straight you want to play a guy at TE who has never taken a snap there because Yahoo and EASports made a mistake when it is just as easy for a team owner to trade or W.W. another player to fill the void? Get off of the damn crack pipe buddy it is clouding your judgment.

Lik

Interesting that some sportsline leagues still have him, or still had him until recently, listed as a TE. He was, and is, a WR on my league site in Sportsline.

Looking at the news on him on Sportsline shows a 7/21/2006 update that he was moving to WR.

Avernus is probably right, some update must have to be run by the commish to pick up the change. :D

Interesting that some sportsline leagues still have him, or still had him until recently, listed as a TE. He was, and is, a WR on my league site in Sportsline.

Looking at the news on him on Sportsline shows a 7/21/2006 update that he was moving to WR.

Avernus is probably right, some update must have to be run by the commish to pick up the change. :D

I'm the commish in mine...but the person who responds to emails just painted him as a WR which makes things worse.....

when people look at the gamecenter, it says I started 4 WR instead of 3 WR and 1 TE...

apparently...nobody cares :D ...I haven't heard a peep out of anyone except the fact they were envious I was able to beat the system like that...

I guessing that leagues that signed up before this time (7/21) have him listed at TE and leagues that signed up after, at WR. I have no isnside knowledge or anything but this seem to be the most likely reason for the discrepancy on the same site.

Since when is gaining an advantage over your opponents frowned upon in Fantasy Football? I'm in two Yahoo Leagues, and I recognized early Colston's upside, and when I noted he could be played as a TE, you bet I jumped on him. EVERY other single owner had the chance to pick him up, and didn't (in my case), so............can we quit the cryin' already?????

Colston has never been a TE. If he was listed as such, you were just getting away with an unfair advantage.

that may be true to an extent, but changing it week 9 of the season is bogus, IMO. as far as i know, ANY player in ANY fantasy sport actually LOSING eligibility at a position in the middle of the season is totally unprecedented. people who play fantasy baseball are totally used to (and used to taking advantage of) this scenario. the rule is ALWAYS that the only time a player loses eligibility is before the next season.

Since when is gaining an advantage over your opponents frowned upon in Fantasy Football? I'm in two Yahoo Leagues, and I recognized early Colston's upside, and when I noted he could be played as a TE, you bet I jumped on him. EVERY other single owner had the chance to pick him up, and didn't (in my case), so............can we quit the cryin' already?????

Where would you have drafted Colton if you joined one of the yahoo leagues say the 3rd or 4th week of the season? I would think he would certainly be one of the top picks considering his listing as a TE. I really don't see a problem with taken advantage of using him as a TE in leagues that allow it, however I really also don't have a problem with a league correcting the problem either since I'm fairly sure no one drafted him at the start of the season.

Now where I would have a problem changing his status in those leagues that started say after week 3 and an owner elected to make Colston a top draft pick strickly based on his being able to played as a TE.

+1. I drafted Colston with my very last pick because of the buzz I read on these boards and I've been starting him as a TE. The rest of the league hadn't even heard of him. One owner has been whining about it but no one else cares. Thanks mostly to him and McNabb, I'm 8-0. :D

Where would you have drafted Colton if you joined one of the yahoo leagues say the 3rd or 4th week of the season? I would think he would certainly be one of the top picks considering his listing as a TE. I really don't see a problem with taken advantage of using him as a TE in leagues that allow it, however I really also don't have a problem with a league correcting the problem either since I'm fairly sure no one drafted him at the start of the season.

Now where I would have a problem changing his status in those leagues that started say after week 3 and an owner elected to make Colston a top draft pick strickly based on his being able to played as a TE.

Well written the point I have been trying to get across for days. It seems the lack of class and integrity in this world is in the crapper. Look he is a damn WR. There really is no argument like I posted earlier for not changing it. TE's are dime a dozen and M.C. is as good trade bait as you can get in picking up a great TE (and then some) that is if you don't like any on the W.W.

lik

Look, I found out about him here b4 the season started, dropped pollard as my backup TE to take a chance on him as a TE since Brees was good w/Gates. He has been listed as a TE all season and I have not once used him. Now that LJ is on a bye, I have no one since I could've picked up numerous TE's throughout the season or traded for one. It's too late for either now, and I don't see how this is fair since if LJ was on a bye in week 7, this wouldn't even be an issue for me.

Reminds me of a song.....

I've been caught stealing;

once when I was 5...

I enjoy stealing.

It's just as simple as that.

Well, it's just a simple fact.

When I want something,

I don't want to pay for it.

I never paid for Colston, as a TE or a WR. This songs has no meaning to me. If he's listed as a TE, good for you, everyone else had an equal shot of picking him up and using him, but you were the one smart enough to do it. It's not the owner's fault the system has him listed as a TE, and if he is eligible for that and you don't use him then you are foolish.

Are you joking or are you really an idiot? :doh:

probably a bit of both. What's your point?

So lets get this straight you want to play a guy at TE who has never taken a snap there because Yahoo and EASports made a mistake when it is just as easy for a team owner to trade or W.W. another player to fill the void? Get off of the damn crack pipe buddy it is clouding your judgment.

Lik

Yes, i want to play a guy at TE who has never taken a snap there. That's me being proactive in a dog eat dog world buddy. You're missing the point, which i will get to below...

The guy isn't a TE...They fixed a mistake in his posistion,if you drafted him to be a TE your a borderline cheater and deserve what you got because you know damn well hes not a TE.

They did not fix a mistake. THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (the very team that chooses his position) said he might have to be used as a TE this year. So some FF sites chose to list him as both and let the drafts commence. They did, and people drafted him, or grabbed him off the WW very early.

Now, it's obvious he's not a TE (which is not to say he still might line up there, being as though the Saints were actually the ones who said it might have to happen) however, he was drafted/picked up for his incredible fantasy value AND PERHAPS our ability to plug him into 2 separate roster locations.

It would be totally unacceptable to change it now. If they rolled with it before, they need to roll with it till the season ends. Period. :bash: Chris Cooley was a RB,TE last year, and he stayed that way, because that's how he COULD'VE lined up. It seems common sense to me, but then again, my IQ is over 145. :D

:clap:

Well written the point I have been trying to get across for days. It seems the lack of class and integrity in this world is in the crapper. Look he is a damn WR. There really is no argument like I posted earlier for not changing it. TE's are dime a dozen and M.C. is as good trade bait as you can get in picking up a great TE (and then some) that is if you don't like any on the W.W.

lik

TEs are a dime a dozen, but a TEs who actually are WRs that are scoring like crazy, are not a dime a dozen. He's fantasy gold, and why would I trade him for a TE when he's already a golden TE? Because the world has no values? :D seriously lik, this is a pretty pathetic argument by a blind ass angry person who OBVIOUSLY did not grab him in any leagues.

If he was listed as a WR,TE (RIGHT OR WRONG) in a service, he needs to stay that way. If you don't like it, you should've said something beforehand. But you didn't, because you didn't care, right? Well, that's not mine, NOR Yahoo's fault. :tup:

... this is a pretty pathetic argument by a blind ass angry person who OBVIOUSLY did not grab him in any leagues.

No I didn't grab him but if I did own him I wouldn't be arguing to keep him listed as a TE when it is blatantly obvious that he is a WR. Our league had a vote much like the poll I posted. It seems you are among a very small percentage of people who believe he should remain being listed as a TE. Bottom line if you were in our league you now own another WR. Be glad you're not.

I'm the Commish in two leagues and have Colston in all three. Two of the guys in one leagues protested about Colston @ TE. The other leagues didn't. I said "your beef isn't with me, it's with Yahoo". I picked him up September 18th based on "production projections", regardless of where he lines up. Everyone had the same opportunity. That's like saying someone is a cheater because they beat you to the punch claiming a player off waivers. No, they were just asleep at the wheel. If FF is supposed to reflect "real sports" then the argument is weak. The object is to win, to do that you must use the rules to your benefit. What pro sport or race team doesn't do that? It's called looking for an edge. My argument is that something should have been discussed BEFORE the draft and the season started. But nothing was even mentioned UNTILL Colston started putting up numbers. It's not about "a rule" it's about production and sour grapes. No one said anything about Cooley last year or Robinson this year because they don't matter even though the dual position situation is the same. So who are the real whiners? As for myself I polled all you good people as well as my league mates. The majority in my work league wanted it changed so I agreed to keep the peace. The other Commish didn't care where I used Colston and in another league one person disagreed so in respect I used him at WR when we played. Changing player eligibility is like changing your scoring system after the draft - wrong.

Edited by MothAudio

This Colston thing is all about character. The more character you have, the less you should want to win because a loophole in the rules. The more character you have, the harder you should work to get the problem fixed.

Should I also send an apology letter for all that smack talking I did last week? I knew it was wrong yet I still wanted to say something about "Dr. Dog Balls" mother... :D