[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Delhomme being stalked

LooGie

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcn...t2.3e5c086.html

Opposing defenses weren't the only ones chasing Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme these past few weeks.

The 6NEWS Investigators first reported Sunday about convicted stalker Deborah Voit, who is now facing felony charges of stalking the Panthers quarterback and trespassing at Bank of America Stadium.

Former stalker victim Michael Berry says it all started when he helped Deborah Voit get a mortgage. And Voit's former lawyer tells a similar story.

"Show up at your home, your office, at all hours of the night,” he said. “She will call hundreds of times. You never know the point where she could snap and be a physical threat.”

Now this twice convicted stalker with a string of arrests for trespassing, making harassing phone calls, and violating court orders to stay away is apparently at it again. This time, Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme is the target.

Video on Demand

Woman accused of stalking Jake Delhomme

NEW video at this hour

"You know, there is a fine line. There are some fans who really want to get close," Delhomme said.

In Voit's case, getting close to Delhomme meant following him onto the Panthers private practice field and getting past security at the team hotel to search door to door for Delhomme's room number. She reportedly even called Delhomme's parents and other relatives in Louisiana, which is why the usually fan-friendly quarterback is telling police he wants Voit prosecuted.

6NEWS has the arrest warrants, charging Voit with trespassing and felony stalking. Sources say Delhomme is concerned about his safety and his family's safety. But Voit's mother tells 6NEWS that it's her daughter's mental illness that causes Voit's compulsive behavior. She says Voit needs help, not more jail time and that simply locking her up again won't do any good.

There is a pattern in Voit's record at the Mecklenburg County Jail over the past year. Voit was arrested in October, November and December of 2005. She was arrested in January, February, twice in April, May, August, and September; all prior to her arrest on the Delhomme stalking charges two weeks ago.

Voit also has a long list of probation violations, despite being under what the probation office describes as intensive supervision by two officers.

"You're being supervised closely, but we are not with you 24/7," said Phyllis Bridges, probation district manager.

And while the experts at county mental health can't talk about whether they've seen Voit as a patient there, they have seen the illness she apparently suffers from.

Meanwhile, even Voit's victims agree with Voit's mother about another stretch behind bars.

"She did not seem to be fazed by time in jail," said Berry.

"The system can not stop it,” said Voit’s former lawyer. “There is nothing in place to stop it."

He's just dreamy.

I'm sure there is an underlying mental illness going on there. Hopefully this woman will get help... obviously mutiple arrests have done nothing to curb her destructive behavior.

Borderline personalities are the scariest people out there IMHO. They seem to function quite well in society and you can't really pick them out in a crowd as being an ill or dangerous person, but you beter believe that they are... incredibly dangerous! :D

Now if he was being stalked by those Bathroom stall kissing dismissed former Panther Cheerleaders, man, we'd have a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'd bet anything he's got those beeyotches on speed dial. If he doesn't, he should. And if he wouldn't, I denounce him.

I'm sure there is an underlying mental illness going on there. Hopefully this woman will get help... obviously mutiple arrests have done nothing to curb her destructive behavior.

Borderline personalities are the scariest people out there IMHO. They seem to function quite well in society and you can't really pick them out in a crowd as being an ill or dangerous person, but you beter believe that they are... incredibly dangerous! :D

I know what you mean, when I first came here, I couldn't tell ANYTHING was weird with you at all.

Why doesn't she stalk a GOOD player?

If she stalked Vick, at least she'd get a nice commemorative STD out of the deal.

You're thinking of Kerry Collins.

He's a god among men.