[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot-Week 9

PantherDave

Harvest Pork & Parsnip Stew

I have no idea what a Parsnip is, but I'll go in search of to find out.

Prep- 25 min

Cook-low 7 hrs/ high 3 1/2 hrs

CP-3 1/2-4qt

1 lb boneless pork shoulder

2 cups cubed,peeled sweet potatoes

2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices(1 3/4 cups)

2 small cooking apples, cored and cut into 1/4" slices(1 3/4 cup)

1 medium onion, chopped

3/4 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 cups apple cider or apple juice

Step 1- Trim fat from roast and cut into 1" cubes

Step 2- In the CP layer potatoes, parsnips,apples, and onion. Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add meat to cooker. Pour apple cider/juice overall.

Step 3- Cover and cook till meat and veg's are tender. Ladle into bowls.

Taking the week off in the predictions-Good Luck and Bon Appetite!!!!! Peace-PD.

This sounds awesome... I described the recipe to my wife, and she was confused about the apples at first until I explained that applesauce goes hand-in-hand with porkchops... then she warmed up to it pretty quickly!

Can't wait to try it out! :D

i actually ran to the store and threw this together saturday morning. bought a 2+ pound pork roast, so i essentially doubled the receipe. one change i made, which in hindsight i think was a very good idea, was to change the liquid from all applejuice to half applejuice, half white wine.

anyway, my wife and i both liked the stew a LOT. i love that veggie combo, lots of subtle flavors and of course the pork pulls them all in beautifully. gonna keep that recipe around for sure, thanks PD :D

i actually ran to the store and threw this together saturday morning. bought a 2+ pound pork roast, so i essentially doubled the receipe. one change i made, which in hindsight i think was a very good idea, was to change the liquid from all applejuice to half applejuice, half white wine.

anyway, my wife and i both liked the stew a LOT. i love that veggie combo, lots of subtle flavors and of course the pork pulls them all in beautifully. gonna keep that recipe around for sure, thanks PD :D

:D Interesting... maybe I'll do that when I make this one. Good tip.