[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T Green running with the Scout team.

Randall

"CHIEFS NOTEBOOK | Green goes 7 on 7

The Kansas City Star

Trent Green took another step in his recovery from a severe concussion on Wednesday, participating in 7-on-7 drills for the first time since early September.

But as expected, Green won’t play Sunday against his old team, St. Louis.

Green was evaluated again this week but still hasn’t been given clearance to play. For weeks, the Chiefs have been cautiously optimistic about getting him back for the Miami game on Nov. 12.

“He looked good,” Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said. “He gave us a good look as a Rams quarterback.

“I just think he understands it’s in the doctors’ hands, and we all understand it.”

Damon Huard, who’s filled in for Green and led the team to a 4-2 record as a starter, was taken off the injury report. He missed Friday’s practice because of a groin strain.

On practice squad

Now that Huard is healthy, the Chiefs have placed rookie quarterback Casey Printers back on the practice squad. Edwards said the club will leave that spot open for now on the 53-man roster.

Pump up the noise

One thing Huard will be dealing with Sunday is the noise at the Edward Jones Dome. Edwards said it’s especially loud when a quarterback drops back to pass.

But the Chiefs haven’t deviated from their normal practice of pumping in crowd noise on loudspeakers.

“We did it for Arizona and Pittsburgh and we did it in Denver,” Edwards said. “It helps you some. But it’s just keeping your poise, basically.”

Just curious here as I don't have any Chiefs on any rosters, but are they really going to go back to Green once he is medically cleared? Why wouldn't they stick with Huard?

Yes green is the starter once medically cleared. we are in the midst of another Gannon/Grbac fiasco again here in KC. You don't lose your job due to an injury is the midset of Herm.

Do you read the star everyday? Are the Chiefs your 2nd favorite team? Just curious :D

I get a list of papers with NFL information(ESPN Insider). I'm interested in Green and Huard. Green's injury was so bad I thought some may be interested in his health. I too wonder if he'll ever play again.

What do you think?

I get a list of papers with NFL information(ESPN Insider). I'm interested in Green and Huard. Green's injury was so bad I thought some may be interested in his health. I too wonder if he'll ever play again.

What do you think?

i think he'll be medically cleared in a week or two. He'll start and hopefully not show any rust...otherwsie we have a QB controversy here in KC. As big a fan favorite that Green is here in KC....there is already rumblings from the media and fans that Huard has played better than Trent in the deep passing game and would like to see it continue. No matter...make no mistake about it...once cleared he is the starter. Hopefully he doesnt miss a beat and set the team back.

i think he'll be medically cleared in a week or two. He'll start and hopefully not show any rust...otherwsie we have a QB controversy here in KC. As big a fan favorite that Green is here in KC....there is already rumblings from the media and fans that Huard has played better than Trent in the deep passing game and would like to see it continue. No matter...make no mistake about it...once cleared he is the starter. Hopefully he doesnt miss a beat and set the team back.

OK Thanks. Green was a pretty good QB too. Must be a nice problem to have.

Yes green is the starter once medically cleared. we are in the midst of another Gannon/Grbac fiasco again here in KC. You don't lose your job due to an injury is the midset of Herm.

Another solid performance by Huard. it's going to hard to pull him when the times come. it'll be interesting to see what happens.