[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jennings Ankle

Endzone

Check back tomorrow too it looks good so far.

Notebook: Rookie Jennings returns to practice

By Rob Demovsky

rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

Greg Jennings inched closed to returning to the lineup by taking part in a portion of Wednesday's practice.

The Green Bay Packers rookie receiver, who missed Sunday's win over the Arizona Cardinals due to a sprained ankle, participated in most of the early practice individual drills but was held out of the team (11-on-11) periods.

Jennings was injured late in the second quarter of the Oct. 22 victory at Miami and was on crutches after the game. He made quick improvement last week and nearly was cleared to play Sunday against Arizona after working out for the coaches and team doctors a few hours before kickoff.

"He made a lot of progress last week," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "We're just trying to get over that last hurdle."

Jennings was listed as questionable, meaning there is a 50-50 chance he won't play, but that was an upgrade over last week, when he was listed as doubtful.

"We're going to see how he feels in the morning," McCarthy said after Wednesday's practice, "and then our goal is try to let him go tomorrow."

Even after missing the last 1½ games, Jennings ranks second among NFL rookies in receiving yards (378) and second in the NFC in receptions by rookies with 21.

Part of the debate about whether to play Jennings is the fear that he could have a setback early in the game that could leave the Packers short-handed at receiver. If they activated Jennings, there's a chance they wouldn't be able to have all five of their receivers on the 45-man, game-day roster.

"Friday's practice will be a big indication of which way we go, whether it's four or five receivers," McCarthy said.

November 3, 2006, 15:40

Packers :: WR

WR Jennings Looks Ready to Go

Packers.com

Green Bay Packers rookie WR Greg Jennings practiced for a second straight day on Friday, a good indication that he is healthy and is going top play vs. Buffalo.

:D

He did practice yesterday.

Injury update:Corey Williams (knee), Green (knee), Jennings (ankle) and Cullen Jenkins (ankle) all returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday.

Short yardage:Aaron Kampman was named the NFC defensive player of the week.

From the Nov. 3, 2006 editions of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

If Jennings practices today I'd say he is ready to go. Only a setback will prevent it. With Donte' Stallworth out on bye I have to decide between Jennings and Reche Caldwell and if Jennings is ready I'm putting him in there. I liked the way Caldwell played Monday Night, but I need to see more...Jennings has been super this season and Im anxious to get him back into my lineup.

If Jennings practices today I'd say he is ready to go. Only a setback will prevent it. With Donte' Stallworth out on bye I have to decide between Jennings and Reche Caldwell and if Jennings is ready I'm putting him in there. I liked the way Caldwell played Monday Night, but I need to see more...Jennings has been super this season and Im anxious to get him back into my lineup.

Yeah today's the important day. His game requires sharp breaks so I wonder if he can go. If he does it will affect how he runs his normal routes. I would think he'll be limited if he does go.

Rotoworld today: Greg Jennings (questionable) reportedly has some lingering soreness in his injured ankle that has again put his status for Week 9 in doubt.

The rookie wideout will be a game-time decision against the Bills after tweaking his ankle again late in the week. Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said Jennings looked "tentative" in practice Friday. Jennings now looks like someone to keep on fantasy benches in Week 9.

:D:D:bash::clap: