[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown vs The Bears D

Venus

The Dolphins have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. Do you think there is any chance that Brown could put up anything close to what Gore did last week? Or is their running game that bad?

The Dolphins have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. Do you think there is any chance that Brown could put up anything close to what Gore did last week? Or is their running game that bad?

Not crazy about starting Brown vs. Bears, but I would start him with confidence over just about all the RBBC type backs aka Maroney, Barber, etc. Got to figure he's going to get his chances which is about all I can ask for from any "so called" RB1.

Yeah, I'm wavering back and forth on this too. I sat Gore last week for Leon Washington... Luckily I still won. I have tough decisions again this week with Gore against Minny, Brown against the Bears and T. Jones against the 'Phins...

Edited by monster2333

Curious to see responses to this. I've got to choose 2 of Brown, M Bell, McAllister, & Norwood and I'm really torn as to which way to go with the matchups/injury factors involved.

I have to choose between RBrown, WLundy, Addai, Rhodes, MBell, Norwood ... 1 is required, can start 2 ... if I only start 1 then I must start Greg Jennings (already starting Holt, Housh, Coles).

My first blush was to start Lundy and MBell ... until I heard news out of Denver that TB is running fine ... so now I am considering Lundy and Addai. Still hard to sit Brown coming off a bye week ... but they do face a fearsome Chicago defense.

Edited by Grits and Shins

very typical responses, based on the apparent mis-matchup. But here is a differing view on this game:

The Dolphins spent the bye-week searching for an identity, and no-doubt examined what has been broken this far this year: the running game. Every pundit out there says Brown should be getting more carries, and starting this week, I think he will, unless the game is a Chicago blow-out early.

Which is where my point comes in: I think this game is going to be much, much closer than most would figure. The Bears struggled before the bye-week vs. Arizona, and were handed the game early by the 49ers last week with a slew of turnovers, and a team that was starting with a "can't stop" defense anyway. that game set itslef up for chicago perfectly.

This week, against what I feel is the best defense they have played this year, I think Chicago's offense bogs down. The only other game against a solid defense was Week 3 vs. Minnesota, a close 19-16 Bears win. Grossman showed us in the Cardinal game that, if a defense can apply pressue and force throws, he will struggle. The Bears rushing attack has been mediocre thus far, even against teams like GB, DET, ARZ, BUF, etc. I can see many 3-and-outs, and some turnovers, generated by the Dolphins.

With these extra posessions, the Phins will not fall behind, and thus will be able to run "their" offense into the 4th quarter, meaning they won't be forced to throw as much as some might think.

Expect Brown to get 20-25 carries, and even at just 3.5 yards a pop, he should be good for 70-85 yards minimum. The upside exists if, like Gore, he can break 2-3 medium runs, too, pushing that total to 90-100. And if, like the PITT game, he can get some touches inside the 5 yard line, he could be gold this week.

My other flex choices to replace him are marginal: Barber, Lundy, Kennison, so I obviously am starting him.

But since I think he'll surprise this week, I'd have started him over Gore, McCallister, Bell, Washington, Jones-Drew, etc. anyway.

M.Bell or R.Brown-- thats what I'm trying to decide.. I want to belive Shannahan is fooling with us, and that M.Bell will get a chance. Since Denver has a way better line than Miami - I have to believe I will go with Bell this week.

Chicago should blow them out of the water and Miami will have no business trying to run the ball, unless they want to limit the amount they lose by.

The Dolphins spent the bye-week searching for an identity, and no-doubt examined what has been broken this far this year: the running game. Every pundit out there says Brown should be getting more carries, and starting this week, I think he will

According to the "The Fantasy Chop Shop" it sounds like that identity is getting Chambers the ball. For what it's worth.

unless the game is a Chicago blow-out early.

Nice disclaimer. This only has happened when Chicago has played at home how many times this season?...

hmmmm.... :D

EVERY GAME! :D

Edited by blips

I have R. Brown, F. Gore, L. Maroney, and D. Rhodes and will not be starting R. Brown this week. F. Gore is a no brainer start and I see Maroney getting 15+ carries this week as NE plays ball control to keep the ball away from Manning and that high powered Colts offense.

i wouldn't think twice about benching Ronnie if i had an able replacement or a guy with a better matchup.

I can see a similar turnover/blowout performance to what the Niners showed last week however worse results for the offense with Mularkey trying to outsmart Lovie and Rivera.

trying being the operative word.

oh and Harrington versus the CHI D??? puhleaze, Miami might not pass their own 45 imo.