[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sagarin Up to Date NCAA Conference Rankings.....

wildcat2334

First off, I do not think the PAC 10 is #1- I think the SEC is the toughest conference hands down this year top to bottom, and the Big 10 has 2 excellent teams, but the rest of the league brings it down, which is certainly rare for a normally consistantly tough league. The PAC 10 is better than I thought they would be overall, and the Big 12 is right where I thought- piss poor. The Big East is much improved and the ACC is garbage-

1 PAC-10 (A) = 81.03 80.25 ( 1) 10

2 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 78.94 78.56 ( 2) 12

3 BIG EAST (A) = 78.18 78.48 ( 3) 8

4 BIG TEN (A) = 76.63 77.64 ( 4) 11

5 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 74.34 73.41 ( 6) 12

6 BIG 12 (A) = 73.72 74.05 ( 5) 12

First off, I do not think the PAC 10 is #1- I think the SEC is the toughest conference hands down this year top to bottom, and the Big 10 has 2 excellent teams, but the rest of the league brings it down, which is certainly rare for a normally consistantly tough league. The PAC 10 is better than I thought they would be overall, and the Big 12 is right where I thought- piss poor. The Big East is much improved and the ACC is garbage-

Big 12 is superior to the Pac 10, hands down. So this post is trash.

Big 12 is superior to the Pac 10, hands down. So this post is trash.

Jeezus Private- you can be such a moron. You can't admit your little 12 is having a down year?? what a joke

The biggest blind homer- come back to reality

PAC 10 has 9 teams in the top 50... only Stanford is brutal at 121

Big 12?? :D 5 in the top 50 and 4 ridiculously bad teams in BU, KU, ISU & Colorado-

it ain't even close

Check It Out

Edited by wildcat2334

The Big 12 is definitely down. :D

Big 12 vs. the top teams from other conferences.

Texas lost to #1 Ohio State

Kansas State lost to #3 Louisville (#3 after last night)

Nebraska lost to #9 USC

Oklahoma lost to #24 Oregon

Texas Tech lost to TCU

Then there are the bad losses out of conference.

Kansas lost to Toledo (3-6)

Colorado (1-8) lost to 1-AA Montana State

Oklahoma State lost to Houston

Baylor lost to Army (3-6)

And Iowa State is winless in the Big 12 at 0-5.

My vote goes to the SEC as the toughest overall conference from top to bottom, however if you took each conferences top 2 teams and held a playoff not sure how the SEC would fare. Hard for me to imagine Florida or Auburn being favored over too many of the other conferences #1 teams.

Jeezus Private- you can be such a moron. You can't admit your little 12 is having a down year?? what a joke

The biggest blind homer- come back to reality

PAC 10 has 9 teams in the top 50... only Stanford is brutal at 121

Big 12?? :bash: 5 in the top 50 and 4 ridiculously bad teams in BU, KU, ISU & Colorado-

it ain't even close

Check It Out

The guys a :D MORON. :D

Updated as of 11/6.........

1 PAC-10 (A) = 80.85 80.20 ( 1) 10

2 BIG EAST (A) = 78.00 78.95 ( 2) 8

3 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 77.97 78.01 ( 3) 12

4 BIG TEN (A) = 76.45 77.73 ( 4) 11

5 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 75.22 73.73 ( 6) 12

6 BIG 12 (A) = 73.98 74.12 ( 5) 12

no changes really - some more interesting info- Sagarin's ratings that are part of the BCS formula, records wins vs. Top 30, and Top 10 - gives a nice idea of quality wins- pretty interesting. Shows that.... in reality the SEC is very top heavy, as well as the Big 10 wich is dreadful after OSU/Mich- the Big East is nowhere near the 2nd best conference- do those guys ever play anyone tough non-conference?? and finally, the Big 12 is flat awful- period, end of story-

Wins.......... vs. Top 30 Top 10

Pac 10 16 1

SEC 8 4 - key

ACC 11 0

Big 10 6 2

Big 12 3 0

Big East 2 1

You truly are the tool against which all other tools are measured.

:D don't know if I agree in regards to Sarge (he's just a complete Sooner homer to the extreme, which is silly but not a crime) but I like the saying...

Updated as of 11/6.........

1 PAC-10 (A) = 80.85 80.20 ( 1) 10

2 BIG EAST (A) = 78.00 78.95 ( 2) 8

3 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 77.97 78.01 ( 3) 12

4 BIG TEN (A) = 76.45 77.73 ( 4) 11

5 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 75.22 73.73 ( 6) 12

6 BIG 12 (A) = 73.98 74.12 ( 5) 12

no changes really - some more interesting info- Sagarin's ratings that are part of the BCS formula, records wins vs. Top 30, and Top 10 - gives a nice idea of quality wins- pretty interesting. Shows that.... in reality the SEC is very top heavy, as well as the Big 10 wich is dreadful after OSU/Mich- the Big East is nowhere near the 2nd best conference- do those guys ever play anyone tough non-conference?? and finally, the Big 12 is flat awful- period, end of story-

Wins.......... vs. Top 30 Top 10

Pac 10 16 1

SEC 8 4 - key

ACC 11 0

Big 10 6 2

Big 12 3 0

Big East 2 1

I'm not sure how this shows the SEC as being top heavy. Nobody can touch them 1-5. After that, you'd have a hard time showing a stronger 6-10 as Georgia, Ala, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and S Carolina. By that time in any other conference you're getting down to teams that are simply flat out mediocre to really bad. All five of those teams at least merit some attention if you see them coming up on your schedule. Yes, the last two (Miss, Miss St.) are pretty weak, but I'd certainly put them up the worst of anyone else.

I'd be inclined to agree that the single best team in the SEC is not as good as the single best team from the other conferences but could only come up with the Big 10. USC hasn't scared anyone of late, Tenn throttled Cal. Texas may be better but has hardly been rolling up teams that are good at best. ACC? Forget about it. Louisville at least has a crazy potent offence but they're too hard to judge. So that leaves probably Big 10 and maybe Big 12 and Big East, and a courtesy nod to USC because they've been among the best teams for the last few years. Not sure that's enough to convince me.

I'm not sure how this shows the SEC as being top heavy. Nobody can touch them 1-5. After that, you'd have a hard time showing a stronger 6-10 as Georgia, Ala, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and S Carolina. By that time in any other conference you're getting down to teams that are simply flat out mediocre to really bad. All five of those teams at least merit some attention if you see them coming up on your schedule. Yes, the last two (Miss, Miss St.) are pretty weak, but I'd certainly put them up the worst of anyone else.

I'd be inclined to agree that the single best team in the SEC is not as good as the single best team from the other conferences but could only come up with the Big 10. USC hasn't scared anyone of late, Tenn throttled Cal. Texas may be better but has hardly been rolling up teams that are good at best. ACC? Forget about it. Louisville at least has a crazy potent offence but they're too hard to judge. So that leaves probably Big 10 and maybe Big 12 and Big East, and a courtesy nod to USC because they've been among the best teams for the last few years. Not sure that's enough to convince me.

I agree with you for the most part on the SEC this year- but I was surprised to see 8 wins vs. top 30 sompetition. The SEC just does not play anyone out of conference- FLA, Aub, followed by LSU,Tenn are quality teams, and 1-5 - you are probably right - Ark? not buying it - dominated by USC, and only 1 win vs, top 30. The rest of the conference has ZERO wins vs. the top 30 - speaks volumes to the quality of their schedules.

Tenn beat up Cal pretty good, but they have rebounded nicely and are tough, and would handle Texas without a problem IMO. Louisville may well reun the table and get a shot at the NC- but cmon the Big East is a joke. We will see how it ends up- I was just surprised at how bad the Big 12 is and to be honest, how good the depth of the PAC 10 is this year. Just some numbers to throw out for comparison.

I agree with you for the most part on the SEC this year- but I was surprised to see 8 wins vs. top 30 sompetition. The SEC just does not play anyone out of conference- FLA, Aub, followed by LSU,Tenn are quality teams, and 1-5 - you are probably right - Ark? not buying it - dominated by USC, and only 1 win vs, top 30. The rest of the conference has ZERO wins vs. the top 30 - speaks volumes to the quality of their schedules.

Tenn beat up Cal pretty good, but they have rebounded nicely and are tough, and would handle Texas without a problem IMO. Louisville may well reun the table and get a shot at the NC- but cmon the Big East is a joke. We will see how it ends up- I was just surprised at how bad the Big 12 is and to be honest, how good the depth of the PAC 10 is this year. Just some numbers to throw out for comparison.

As I mentioned in another thread, if anyone should get a free pass on not scheduling tough out of conference games, it should be the SEC because their league schedule is typically pretty dammed tough. Just think if Georgia was as good as usual.

That said, Tenn typically goes after someone pretty good and Flordia usually plays Florida St. (which obviously wont be so great this year but you can't blame Florida for that).

As I also said in the other thread, if FLA wins out, they will have gone 3-1 vs teams in the top 15 (both at the time of the game and later on and that does not include Fl St. Regardless of their out of conference schedule, there's basically nobody else who can say that.

As I mentioned in another thread, if anyone should get a free pass on not scheduling tough out of conference games, it should be the SEC because their league schedule is typically pretty dammed tough. Just think if Georgia was as good as usual.

That said, Tenn typically goes after someone pretty good and Flordia usually plays Florida St. (which obviously wont be so great this year but you can't blame Florida for that).

As I also said in the other thread, if FLA wins out, they will have gone 3-1 vs teams in the top 15 (both at the time of the game and later on and that does not include Fl St. Regardless of their out of conference schedule, there's basically nobody else who can say that.

Fla vs Ohio St would be a complete mismatch. Id rather see Louisvilles offense vs OSU offense for all the marbles than watch Leak struggle and OSU run up the score on them.

I see Florida with 2 wins over ranked teams, Tennessee (was 13, still 13) and LSU (was 9, now 12), and a loss to Auburn (was 11, now 5). I'm guessing you're counting the SEC championship game as the 3rd possible win?

Michigan beat Notre Dame (was 2, now 9), Wisconsin (was unranked, now 16) and plays Ohio State (now #1). Michigan also beat Penn State (started 19) and Iowa(started 16, moved up to 13) who were ranked earlier in the year but not at the time of the game. So if Michigan wins out that would be 5-0 vs teams that are / were ranked in the top 20. If they lose to OSU they would still be 4-1. Either way they have played a pretty tough schedule with 2 top 10 teams plus 3 others that have been top 20 at some point in the season.

Should Notre Dame and Wisconsin both win out, Michigan would have played 3 teams (including OSU) that did not lose to any team other than Michigan (or did not lose at all). In these days, that's a pretty rugged schedule.

I see Florida with 2 wins over ranked teams, Tennessee (was 13, still 13) and LSU (was 9, now 12), and a loss to Auburn (was 11, now 5). I'm guessing you're counting the SEC championship game as the 3rd possible win?

Michigan beat Notre Dame (was 2, now 9), Wisconsin (was unranked, now 16) and plays Ohio State (now #1). Michigan also beat Penn State (started 19) and Iowa(started 16, moved up to 13) who were ranked earlier in the year but not at the time of the game. So if Michigan wins out that would be 5-0 vs teams that are / were ranked in the top 20. If they lose to OSU they would still be 4-1. Either way they have played a pretty tough schedule with 2 top 10 teams plus 3 others that have been top 20 at some point in the season.

Should Notre Dame and Wisconsin both win out, Michigan would have played 3 teams (including OSU) that did not lose to any team other than Michigan (or did not lose at all). In these days, that's a pretty rugged schedule.

A rematch between Ohio St and Michigan should be avoided as much as possible. Wouldn't be fair to the team that wins the first game to be asked to beat that team again. This includes Texas being eliminated from NC consideration if Ohio State were to win.

But with the glorious BCS, a rematch is entirely possible. If Ohio State loses, the only ones who can "avoid" a rematch from happening, would be the coaches. I really highly doubt that coaches will drop Ohio State below #3 in the polls, and the Harris poll could conceivablly have them at #2, if OSU loses a very close game to Michigan.

A rematch between Ohio St and Michigan should be avoided as much as possible. Wouldn't be fair to the team that wins the first game to be asked to beat that team again. This includes Texas being eliminated from NC consideration if Ohio State were to win.

No kidding - a rematch would be brutal. Maybe that would be the final straw to go with a playoff format because NO ONE will want a a Big 10 rematch even if they might both deserve it. I mean, it is so effin stupid- as we all have seen- especially in football....you have to decide it on the field. One game- a playoff this year would be awesome since you can go so deep wtih quality teams that could win any given game against anyone, the NCAA is getting much closer to the NFL as far as parity goes.

Wojo had a good article on ESPN stating in a playoff system Louisville would be the #8 seed at best, and I 100% agree with him.

But with the glorious BCS, a rematch is entirely possible. If Ohio State loses, the only ones who can "avoid" a rematch from happening, would be the coaches. I really highly doubt that coaches will drop Ohio State below #3 in the polls, and the Harris poll could conceivablly have them at #2, if OSU loses a very close game to Michigan.

You're probably right. If a rematch did happen then the BCS (to their credit) probably would have the two most deserving teams in the NC game even though it would be somewhat unfair to the team that won the first game. Haven't watched too much Big 10 football this season, however I'm not exactly sold on any other one loss team being hands down better than a one loss Ohio State or Michigan team at this point in the season.

I'm a hardcore Big Ten fan as everyone here knows, and I honestly don't feel that Ohio State or Michigan are the killers that some people have already labeled them. There is more parity this year than last year. The aftermath of all of this will be the most interesting thing. There is no clean-cut #1 vs #2 all this year. That game will be played on November 18th. The game on January 8th, in the minds of many, will not be.

Big 12?? :D 5 in the top 50 and 4 ridiculously bad teams in BU, KU, ISU & Colorado-

I wouldn't consider KU ridiculously bad. They will probably go to a bowl game, and pretty much all their losses could have gone either way (their losses are: two overtime losses, one loss by 1 point, one loss by 3 points, and one loss where they blew a 17 point lead).