[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of the biggest "oops" in FF ever

DMD

WCOFF has a blind bid process for getting free agents. A lot of huddlers play in it (including the winner from last year). They are supposed to go on Friday at 8 PM EST. Instead, the server clock evidently cycled wrong and though AM was PM and it processed all the blind bids at 8 AM this morning. Lots of people (myself included) do their blind bids on Friday afternoon when you have had the week to look at injuries, etc.

But it processed and awarded players at 8 AM. Now everyone knows what the highest bids were on players as of 8 AM.

There is no easy way out of this. This is a screw up of historic proportions since about 760 teams paid a couple of grand for their teams.

DOH! :D

WCOFF has not spoken yet because they are probably talking to an attorney but XPert said this:

Guys, we can't express enough our frustration that this situation happened. All of our servers synch with a time server each night at 4AM, and for some reason the synch caused them all to go to PM this morning. We are looking into why that happened and will make sure it doesn't happen again.

I've talked to Lenny, and the only solution that we can offer at this point is that all bids that have been run will stand. And we will run another set of bids at the normal time tonight. All player drops that were made this morning will no longer be available for pickup. I will send out an email to everyone to let them know what is happening.

Again, our apologies.

--------------------

Xpert Sports

Letting what was only preliminary bids stand is not going to make anyone happy other than the guys that got away with getting players for possibly less than they should have.

WCOFF has not spoken yet because they are probably talking to an attorney but XPert said this:

Letting what was only preliminary bids stand is not going to make anyone happy other than the guys that got away with getting players for possibly less than they should have.

Wow... what a very poor solution if that's what they end up doing. No way those bids should stand. Freakin' Lenny! :D

That is ugly.

There is absolutely no clean way out of it.

If they let the winning bids stand then those that wait until Friday afternoon to submit their bids are screwed.

If they reverse them all and go with the normal time those that revealed their hands are screwed.

There is nothing that can be done that will please everybody. The fact that this is a high dollar league just makes matters worse.

Probably the "fairest" thing to do is to let the bids stand. Players had all week to submit their bids and this solution only impacts that fraction of owners that delayed their blind bid process until the last day.

That is ugly.

There is absolutely no clean way out of it.

If they let the winning bids stand then those that wait until Friday afternoon to submit their bids are screwed.

If they reverse them all and go with the normal time those that revealed their hands are screwed.

There is nothing that can be done that will please everybody. The fact that this is a high dollar league just makes matters worse.

Probably the "fairest" thing to do is to let the bids stand. Players had all week to submit their bids and this solution only impacts that fraction of owners that delayed their blind bid process until the last day.

According to their MB, they are now going to reverse the transactions and do it at the correct time. That is the closest to fair because otherwise some team owners never had a chance for certain players. Those prior bidders now have their hands shown, but you cannot assume they would have won the players with that bid without other teams being able to bid. I know for a fact I was going to bid on one player higher than what he was awarded for this morning and I never got a chance.

That all said, they have not reversed them back out yet...

According to their MB, they are now going to reverse the transactions and do it at the correct time. That is the closest to fair because otherwise some team owners never had a chance for certain players. Those prior bidders now have their hands shown, but you cannot assume they would have won the players with that bid without other teams being able to bid. I know for a fact I was going to bid on one player higher than what he was awarded for this morning and I never got a chance.

That all said, they have not reversed them back out yet...

That's the fair thing to do. This is week 9, and I doubt there are a lot of bidding wars going on for players.

I thought the website crashing a couple weeks ago was kind of lame, but this is lamer. :D

According to their MB, they are now going to reverse the transactions and do it at the correct time. That is the closest to fair because otherwise some team owners never had a chance for certain players.

There is no fairest way out of it....what about people who put in their bids but don't even know this happened. They check in tommorow to find out they had no bid requests processed. What a f'n mess.

many unhappy people there.

Perhaps the best way to do this would have been to not have a timer process waivers but to have an individual responsible for going to the site and clicking on a button that reads, "Process Waivers." I use this at mfl. Works pretty good.

Probably the "fairest" thing to do is to let the bids stand.

How could this possibly be construed as the 'fairest' solution? We are in a fight for first, one of our competitors gone a player he bid 10% of his yearly FA dollars on, we were going to bid a few dollars more, and would have won that player, but we always put our bids in Fri afternoon, we were not allowed access to that player.

I am curious, cause you don't have a dog in this hunt, but are saying the same thing those that got early players are.

How could this possibly be construed as the 'fairest' solution? We are in a fight for first, one of our competitors gone a player he bid 10% of his yearly FA dollars on, we were going to bid a few dollars more, and would have won that player, but we always put our bids in Fri afternoon, we were not allowed access to that player.

I am curious, cause you don't have a dog in this hunt, but are saying the same thing those that got early players are.

I think i posted somewhere else that letting the bids stand was the best thing, but that's not right. They should have re-bid. Sucks, but that's what they should've done.

What a mess.