[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow at it again...

Avernus

Browns | Winslow Jr. says he's best tight end in league

Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:30:28 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. says he is the National Football League's premier tight end and intends to prove so Week 9 versus the San Diego Chargers and TE Antonio Gates. "It's me vs. Gates. I want to be the best tight end out there, and I've got to go do it on Sunday. You know, Tony's (Gonzalez) right behind me, Gates is right behind me. So I've got to stay on top," Winslow said. "I'm trying to be the best. I said I was the best. I am the best. And I'm going to prove it on Sunday."

....wow...looks like I'm starting him this week....he has Ocho Cinco Syndrome....

Gonzo said nearly the same thing before the season and there wasn't much mentioned about it. I have both Gonzo and Winslow on a few teams and FWIW I usually start them both.....I hope they both do shread Gates this season. Gates looks fat and out of shape :D

Gonzo said nearly the same thing before the season and there wasn't much mentioned about it. I have both Gonzo and Winslow on a few teams and FWIW I usually start them both.....I hope they both do shread Gates this season. Gates looks fat and out of shape :D

I know you're joking and all....but actually, I was shocked to see how slimmed down Gates was when I was watching the Chargers play last week....

he's actually in real good shape right now...maybe he needs that fat back to be where he was before...or maybe a QB that doesn't spread the ball around :D

You're thinking of Crumpler.

Gonzo said nearly the same thing before the season and there wasn't much mentioned about it.

That's because Gonzo is on the short list of all-time greatest TEs and WAS the best TE in the league as recently as 2 years ago.

Winslow up until this season has been a perpetually injured mouth.

I have them both in HOT and I usually start them both. My team set a league record last week with 179 something points. Mr. Winslow may be a punk but he CAN put up some numbers. He still can't hold Mr. Gate's jock strap though.

Gonzo is not been a red zone target AT ALL, as you all well know. But I would say Gonzalez is the best overall TE in the league. Period. The last several years he has sacrificed his offensive numbers by becoming more of a complete player. He has become a great blocker as well, and Larry Johnson wouldn't be worth SQUAT without Gonzo staying in and clearing space. And if you spend some time watching Chiefs games, watch the replays, because usually it is Gonzalez clearing out a whole side to give Johnson a hole.

And especially this year, Gonzalez can STILL make the tough catch. And he has pretty much single handedly kept KC in most of their games with clutch catch and runs over the middle. He is BY FAR the Chiefs most valuable player this year, because he contributes big time in the passing AND running game.

To me, THAT is the sign of a great tight end. And Winslow has a lot of growing up to do to be even mentioned in the same breath as Gonzalez. Gonzalez compares more favorably to Juniors daddy.

I'd take Crumpler, Miller, Witten, Gonzo, Gates, and Heap over him. Tight ends are supposed to be able to block. KW2 cant.

right, and how many points did your TE get you for blocking last week?

if our line would get it together he wouldnt have to stay in and block. i'll take him over that punk winslow any day.

yeah, and the Browns line is sooo much better than the Steelers... :D