[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey DMD

LooGie

I was just reading through the weekly articles, and as I read through the Game Predictions and Player projections, I'm always amazed at how in depth it is. And it's ready on Wednesday, so that leaves me to believe you actually have to start working on them almost as soon as Sunday games end...

I'm just curious how long it actually takes to not only write the articles, but actually do the research for them, ESPECIALLY the predictions/projections. Some of the stats and nuggets you post seem like you've spent a month preparing.

If you don't mind me asking, of course.

:D Keep it up, either way.

I was just reading through the weekly articles, and as I read through the Game Predictions and Player projections, I'm always amazed at how in depth it is. And it's ready on Wednesday, so that leaves me to believe you actually have to start working on them almost as soon as Sunday games end...

I'm just curious how long it actually takes to not only write the articles, but actually do the research for them, ESPECIALLY the predictions/projections. Some of the stats and nuggets you post seem like you've spent a month preparing.

I finish up predictions and projections late Tuesday night. I start at least some of the next week's work on Wednesday - particulary for any teams that are on bye (which I dearly love and will miss from now on). I am working every waking minute, literally, from when I wake up on Sunday until I am done on late Tuesday night. People are surprised when I have to stop and think who is playing that weekend because starting WED, I am already on the following week.

I take a lot of notes and I watch at least some of every game. Thanks to shortcuts with the Sunday Ticket, I actually do watch pretty much every play of every game. I would guess that the GP take me about, oh, 30+ hours to produce. Each game takes over an hour to research, analyze and write up and some take two hours. When there are 16 games, that is quite a bit.

It is a lot of work to be sure - about 25,000 words in about two days. It is pretty much all I do all season long other than the Tunnel Vision on Sunday night.

I finish up predictions and projections late Tuesday night. I start at least some of the next week's work on Wednesday - particulary for any teams that are on bye (which I dearly love and will miss from now on). I am working every waking minute, literally, from when I wake up on Sunday until I am done on late Tuesday night. People are surprised when I have to stop and think who is playing that weekend because starting WED, I am already on the following week.

I take a lot of notes and I watch at least some of every game. Thanks to shortcuts with the Sunday Ticket, I actually do watch pretty much every play of every game. I would guess that the GP take me about, oh, 30+ hours to produce. Each game takes over an hour to research, analyze and write up and some take two hours. When there are 16 games, that is quite a bit.

It is a lot of work to be sure - about 25,000 words in about two days. It is pretty much all I do all season long other than the Tunnel Vision on Sunday night.

holy crap. :D

So you pretty much are a week ahead, but actually don't write stuff down until Sunday/Monday. Jeez man. Well, it hasn't gone unnoticed. :D

all I have to say is :D

oh, and :D

seriously, over the last 8 years you have helped me bring home 4 titles in my local. i don't think that i have NOT made the playoffs since joining the huddle.

MGM

"It is a lot of work to be sure - about 25,000 words in about two days. It is pretty much all I do all season long other than the Tunnel Vision on Sunday night."

"....... and then after week 16 it's off to a sun drenched, spring-break-bikini-clad, white sandy beach, where I watch the playoffs from the comfort of thatch roofed palapa with a cerveza in my hand."

You deserve it. Thank you from all of us! :D

Edited by Ed Rooney

So I guess the real question is...How do you have time to read all those Tailgate threads?

It's what a lot of us do in our jobs, think ahead and prepare for upcoming work.

But most of us don't have 10,000 peoeple looking over our shoulders ready to complain.

I just have my wife. All things told, I think I'd sooner have 10,000 other people. :D

How many TVs do you have going to watch the games?

I use two with NFL Sunday Ticket on both. I have debated getting more but then I would need a whole other sattelite dish on my roof which would give me four ports. I am not sure I can really watch six TVs at once. I use one TV that stays on the best two games (So I can flip back and forth between the two) and the other is either set to two other games for flipping back and forth as well or just to constantly run through the available games.

I watch all the games with the NFL Shortcuts anyway, so I try to watch games mostly with the Tunnel Vision in mind.

I nominate this thread for the Huddle awards for:

"Most Huddlers Hanging on DMD's Nads At One Time".

Nad hangin'? I'm OUT!! :D

Let's see, 25,000 words for 17 weeks equals 425,000 words per season divided by my $20 Huddle fee equals 212.5 words a cent. Hmmm. I guess it's worth it. I'll have to check some other sites for a more competitive deal.

JK DMD. Kudos for all the work. :D

As far as complaints when there are some DMD seems to explain his thinking ina very detailed manner.

His picks may suck :D but it isn't because he's lazy.

What is the track record for most pundits, 55%? It's always just an educated guess. Studs are studs because they are consistent.

as long as its a love fest, Ive been a Huddle subscriber for years and cant remember the last unprofitable season. You rule David.

Easy, he's a gubmint worker.

:D

DMD is among the if not the best in FF. :D Should be old news, really.

It is old news, that's why some of us have been here for 10 years.

Holy crap, it's been that long? What's wrong with me.