[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sportslina

Cornhoolio

I'd say it's too little, too late

An Important Message to Our Fantasy Customers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message · Report Card You may have experienced periods of slow or interrupted service this Fantasy season.

Every year, CBS SportsLine takes great pride in doing the work required to remain the acknowledged leader in Fantasy Sports. We relish being the industry leader, and we respect the challenge of delivering the best in Fantasy to an audience that expects nothing less.

To meet that challenge, we set ambitious and often competing goals for ourselves:

Make league setup easier, but allow more flexibility for custom scoring

Add more advanced features, but keep pages clean and instructions short

Supply more live, updating stats, but make page-loads faster

Allow for growth, but make the network simple and speedy

These are bold and contradictory goals. Not easy to do. If you can achieve these and deliver week in and week out for everyone who plays, you deserve the title of Champ.

In the past, we've met that challenge, but so far this year, we've fallen short.

What Went Wrong?

This message may be news to you. For many of our Fantasy customers the 2006 season has been better than ever. There are new game features, we launched the innovative Heads Up Fantasy game, and we enhanced live game action with the new CBS SportsLine Sunday GameCenter.

Some of our customers experienced service interruptions, but they were short or infrequent. In fact, for almost everyone, the amount of time in which problems occurred has been only a small fraction of the entire fantasy season.

The problem has not been the AMOUNT of time things have not worked. The problem has been WHEN things have not worked.

Many of our affected customers experienced problems at the worst possible time: just before kickoff on Sunday or at the peak of play between the early and late set of games. By our standard, if you missed either of these crucial times the entire week is a bust, and for that we are deeply sorry.

What are We Doing to Fix It?

Addressing the quality of service issues that have occurred this fantasy season is the #1 priority for nearly every member of the CBS SportsLine staff. Be assured that our staff has been on high alert since the beginning of the season and will remain so until YOU tell us that our service is running smoothly.

What follows is our season Report Card. It's our performance assessment through the first half of the year. We're openly sharing this with you for several reasons.

First, we want you to know that we view our performance this year is unacceptable. CBS SportsLine holds itself to an extremely high standard as we know that's why you choose our service.

Second, we owe it to you as you've stood by us year in and year out. Your membership is proof that we ARE the best in the industry, and we relish being the best by serving you better.

Finally, we're already planning for your return next year. We know your business is not a guarantee. Ironically, much of what is now causing problems was part of the effort to make your Fantasy Football experience better. We made changes to support the growth of our business AND improve your game. We know that the changes we made will do just that. We expected that these changes would achieve that goal from day one. Unfortunately, we're not there yet.

So, here's our Report Card, complete with our own weekly grade. Going forward, we'll update it on the Friday before games and on the Tuesday following. We'll also post status on Sundays. If we have future issues, you'll learn exactly what happened from us, and we'll tell you what we're doing to fix it.

Thank you for playing Fantasy Sports at CBS SportsLine.

Some of our customers experienced service interruptions, but they were short or infrequent. In fact, for almost everyone, the amount of time in which problems occurred has been only a small fraction of the entire fantasy season.

The problem has not been the AMOUNT of time things have not worked. The problem has been WHEN things have not worked.

Many of our affected customers experienced problems at the worst possible time: just before kickoff on Sunday or at the peak of play between the early and late set of games. By our standard, if you missed either of these crucial times the entire week is a bust, and for that we are deeply sorry.

It's like they saying you only missed a fraction of the fantasy football season because it only went down during the games. If my fantasy site isn't working during the games, I feel I'm missing one of the most important reasons I have a live website. I don't think they really get it. If I can't access on gameday I feel I'm missing a large portion.

Here is an email that an Owner in one of my leagues sent to CBS Sportsline in response to their message.

CBS, thank you for that very nice message. I think it is

really cool that you will tell us how bad you suck, why you

suck the way you do and then even promise to update us on

your suckiness as the season continues. Everything that you

have done to "improve" our fantasy football experience

placed mankind closer to the Stone Age than any time in the

last hundred-thousand years. Way to go, guys!