[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is Oakland playing in prime time yet again?

FishFreak

Seriously, did ESPN and NBC think Oakland was going to be good this year? I figured the Raiders for 6-10 and they appear to be worse than that. This Sunday will be the 3rd time Oakland is playing on Sunday or Monday night. I've really been disappointed in the early season match-ups especially on NBC. Thank goodness they have schedule flexibility coming up soon. Please, no more Raider games!

Seattle doesn't deserve it this week any more than Oakland does. Wallace and Morris? This will be a really boring game...

Oakland does have the number 1 pass D however, which is all they have going for them...

Although it's because most teams are running the ball on them trying to go home... :D

When they decide primetime games, it's usually based on fan favorites, rivalry games, etc. Oakland usually ends up with 2-4 primetime games every year because of the rivalries they have out there.

Kansas City, Denver, SD are all obvious choices. But Seattle and Oakland are rivals from the old AFC West days.

Seattle doesn't deserve it this week any more than Oakland does.

:bash:

except for the fact that went to the SB last year. you earn your primetime games in the previous year - (except for oakland :D ) Until this year with "the flex" schedule for NBC.... this shiiiit happened all the time.

and there is (was) a HUGH rivalry over the years between the hawks & raidah's..... bo jackson, bosworth, etc.....the had some collassal matchups over the years. :clap:

As for the game..... it's been raining like a cow pee'in on a flat rock for two days now.....& not supposed to stop until mid next week. :D It's gonna be wet, wet & wet on monday.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Funny how a bad Raider team is still more popular than so many better teams. The same can be said for only a few teams in the league.

According to me the list of teams that would get primetime even if they suck would include;

Bears (Maybe)

Chicago is a BIG NFL TV market! #2? #3? If you don't believe me, try and get a season ticket! Add to that, that I can't rmember the last time a TV blackout was even a threat in Chi for the last 25 years! And they were real bad 25 years ago, save that Walter was playin'.

Chicago is a BIG NFL TV market! #2? #3? If you don't believe me, try and get a season ticket! Add to that, that I can't rmember the last time a TV blackout was even a threat in Chi for the last 25 years! And they were real bad 25 years ago, save that Walter was playin'.

All true.....nevertheless, the Bears were completely absent from MNF for years when they sucked.

Seattle doesn't deserve it this week any more than Oakland does. Wallace and Morris? This will be a really boring game...

Oakland does have the number 1 pass D however, which is all they have going for them...

Although it's because most teams are running the ball on them trying to go home... :D

Yeah but none of those were true when they scheduled the games.

Nice spin. :D

As for the game..... it's been raining like a cow pee'in on a flat rock for two days now.....& not supposed to stop until mid next week. :D It's gonna be wet, wet & wet on monday.

:D Are you from South Dakota or cow peeing country?

Funny how a bad Raider team is still more popular than so many better teams. The same can be said for only a few teams in the league.

According to me the list of teams that would get primetime even if they suck would include;

Raiders

Cowboys

Steelers

Packers

Giants

Redskins (Maybe)

Bears (Maybe)

+1 Yep, good or bad they are still one of the most popular teams in the NFL

All true.....nevertheless, the Bears were completely absent from MNF for years .........................

True, and I really preferred it that way. I love Sunday games much more than MNF! :D

As for the game..... it's been raining like a cow pee'in on a flat rock for two days now.....& not supposed to stop until mid next week. :D

I hate when that happens. Especially when you forget the umbrella at home and the pasture is in the back 80. :D