[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU and Michigan sloppy today.

sacosud

OSU looked pretty sloppy or half interested today. TS held onto the ball way to long and Illinois did a great job on both Gonzo and Ginn, Teddy looked like that toe might be hurting more than he is leading on. Ginn was really strictly used on fly patterns and Gonzo suffered a mild concussion last week, but did not look like that effected him to much. J Lehman had 20 tackles and looked like a animal. Jeff Cumberland from Brookhaven HS right here in Columbus looked tough. I'm not that concerned about the Bucks at this point it was bound to happen looking ahead. I wondered why vegas dropped 3 points on Thursday and I guess they knew something was up.

Michigan looked like they thought it was in the bag early. Michigan went up 30-12 and mailed it in and Ball State caught a couple breaks not to mention 9 pts on defense. Michigan got a huge postive getting Manningham back on the field, however I suspect it was just to get him acquainted with game speed again considering he also just did fly patterns most of the time he was in. 13 days till the "THE GAME". I can't wait for this showdown in the SHOE.

Hats off to the Illinois D, they brought it today! Best D effort i've seen this season.

The D carried them , last 4 weeks this defense has been very impressive. I'm not too worried about the offense today, they'll be fine. As for Michigan, the D was exposed today with long passing plays all day from Ball St. and this bodes well for Smith,Ginn and Gonzo. I think both teams are just doing what they can to stay focused until the "Showdown"

As for Michigan, the D was exposed today with long passing plays all day from Ball St. and this bodes well for Smith,Ginn and Gonzo.

You realize it was against the 2nd string that Carr put in prematurely?

Edited by chiefjay

I will say that I agree with you both that both teams are just trying to get to the big game as healthy as possible without giving up too much to the other team.

I'm a little worried about Indiana on the road next week but in the end I think both OSU and Michigan will be at their best come the 18th.

Edited by chiefjay

you gotta think that the coaching staffs are having a hard time keeping these kids from OSU and UM interested when all they hear from the media is that the Nov. 18 is all that matters.

Solid point, probably overlooked a bit.

I think the message has been received here in Columbus. The players especially TS looked a little p/o. I'm thinking you could see a very hostile Bucks offense next week at Northwestern. Michigan will also show well against IU and the Hoosiers will do their best to stay in the game early, however at the end of the day THE HYPE will begin and in overdrive by Saturday night for NOV. 18th.

Hats off to the Illinois D, they brought it today! Best D effort i've seen this season.

The D carried them , last 4 weeks this defense has been very impressive. I'm not too worried about the offense today, they'll be fine. As for Michigan, the D was exposed today with long passing plays all day from Ball St. and this bodes well for Smith,Ginn and Gonzo. I think both teams are just doing what they can to stay focused until the "Showdown"

Exposed! They only thing that was exposed, was our backups arent ready yet. Michigan treated this game

as a bye. Mentally they were not in it. When the game matter, the first string was back in.

Exposed! They only thing that was exposed, was our backups arent ready yet. Michigan treated this game

as a bye. Mentally they were not in it. When the game matter, the first string was back in.

Both teams are lucky they didn't pull a USC and lose. But yeah, 11/18 is all that has mattered for some time now, since they both made it past the only other big teams early (TX and ND respectively.) Should be a good one...

And can we confirm the rumor that a 2 year agreement for USC v. OSU has been inked, starting in 2008? Or does it start in '07? Oh boy...

Both teams are lucky they didn't pull a USC and lose. But yeah, 11/18 is all that has mattered for some time now, since they both made it past the only other big teams early (TX and ND respectively.) Should be a good one...

And can we confirm the rumor that a 2 year agreement for USC v. OSU has been inked, starting in 2008? Or does it start in '07? Oh boy...

Yes, the schedules are up for the next 4 years on the OSU Football Website. OSU plays home-and-home against USC starting in 2008.

Ohio State's non-conference games in 2007:

Youngstown State

Akron

At Washington

Kent State

2008:

Youngstown State

Ohio U

At USC

Troy

2009:

Army

USC

Toledo

New Mexico State

2010:

Marshall

Miami (FL)

At Army

TBD

fyi..those were our second string corners....and yes, lloyd lit the victory cigar too early...

Yes, the schedules are up for the next 4 years on the OSU Football Website. OSU plays home-and-home against USC starting in 2008.

Ohio State's non-conference games in 2007:

Youngstown State

Akron

At Washington

Kent State

2008:

Youngstown State

Ohio U

At USC

Troy

2009:

Army

USC

Toledo

New Mexico State

2010:

Marshall

Miami (FL)

At Army

TBD

:D Glad to see it. Tressel scheduling Youngstown is a nice bone to throw back to them. I love the Miami game in 2010. USC home and home. I wish we played more out of confernce sereies like this. The Texas home and home was great, i'm very happy to see Tressel play a big time program out of conference each year.

:D Glad to see it. Tressel scheduling Youngstown is a nice bone to throw back to them. I love the Miami game in 2010. USC home and home. I wish we played more out of confernce sereies like this. The Texas home and home was great, i'm very happy to see Tressel play a big time program out of conference each year.

cheaters.... :D

Not sure how good you will feel if Ohio State were to lose those games. Years ago LSU had an athletic director who would go out and schedule absolutely awesome non conference games like Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Nebraska, Florida State, Texas A&M & the Miami's of the world many times two in the same season. Granted back then I think the SEC only played around 6 conference games, but those were tough schedules. Allthough it made for great expectations for the season it also took it's toll physically and emotionally on the team. It's difficult to play in a conference like the SEC week in and week out and not expect some bumps and bruises along the way. That's why I have always given credit to the Florida Gators who have been playing tough non conference foes like Miami and Florida State for years.

OHIO STATE NOTEBOOK

QB Smith playing through minor thumb injury

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ken Gordon

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith yesterday said he has been dealing with a sore thumb on his right (throwing) hand for several weeks.

"It happened a while ago," he said. "To tell you the truth, I can?t pinpoint one thing that made it start hurting. It was probably a growing thing and it just got worse and worse for a while.

"It?s sort of like a sore ankle, because it?s going to take that pressure and it?s going to take those hits. But you?ll never find me crying or whining about it or making any excuses; I have to continue to play ball."

If it has been hurting for a while, it?s hard to say it has affected Smith?s play. He threw four touchdown passes Oct. 21 against Indiana, for example.

But in the past two games, he has posted two of his lowest passing yardage totals: 183 against Minnesota and 108 last week at Illinois. In those games, he has thrown only one touchdown pass against one interception.

In the previous eight games, he averaged 214.4 passing yards with 21 TDs and two interceptions.

Infirmary , part II

Receiver Ted Ginn Jr. said his broken small toe on his right foot is improving, and he doesn?t believe his play has been hindered.

"It?s coming along much better, there?s not that much pain," Ginn said. "It?s something I block out."

OHIO STATE NOTEBOOK

QB Smith playing through minor thumb injury

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ken Gordon

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith yesterday said he has been dealing with a sore thumb on his right (throwing) hand for several weeks.

"It happened a while ago," he said. "To tell you the truth, I can?t pinpoint one thing that made it start hurting. It was probably a growing thing and it just got worse and worse for a while.

"It?s sort of like a sore ankle, because it?s going to take that pressure and it?s going to take those hits. But you?ll never find me crying or whining about it or making any excuses; I have to continue to play ball."

If it has been hurting for a while, it?s hard to say it has affected Smith?s play. He threw four touchdown passes Oct. 21 against Indiana, for example.

But in the past two games, he has posted two of his lowest passing yardage totals: 183 against Minnesota and 108 last week at Illinois. In those games, he has thrown only one touchdown pass against one interception.

In the previous eight games, he averaged 214.4 passing yards with 21 TDs and two interceptions.

Infirmary , part II

Receiver Ted Ginn Jr. said his broken small toe on his right foot is improving, and he doesn?t believe his play has been hindered.

"It?s coming along much better, there?s not that much pain," Ginn said. "It?s something I block out."

I found some pictures on another message board and his thumb was not taped against Indaina, but it has been taped in every game since. Coincidently those were his down games.

What's worse is Alex Boone's injury to his knee. OSU Tackle and maybe the best o-lineman had knee work done and most likely was part of the Vegas drop of 3 points in one night on the spread of the Illinois game. OSU kept this on a "hush, hush" but really could expose Troy in the next 2 games. Teddy since his broken toe has not been the same Teddy and Gonzo recovering from his concussion is just not a very pretty thing for OSU overall the injury bug and OSU doing it's best Belicheck imitation has this Buckeye a little worried.

If we can build a lead against NW, I say get Troy out of there Heisman be d@mm and let some Bucks heal up. Michigan will truely be a test and we need our offense as healthy as possible.

OSU 54 NW 10

NW gave up the ball alot inside on their side of the field and took them out of this one pretty quickly, however they did move the ball well against the Bucks on screens and the qb when given time found some holes in our zone. OSU missed 2 pat's and looked ugly in the special teams game. Troy Smith looked to be winding up a little bit early in the game, I think the thumb loosened up some later because his delivery seemed to get better. The checkoff to Ginn, I thought was a decoy because Troy made it so clear behind center he was going to Ginn. TS then felt a little pressure and if you watch close he just chucked it. Ginn made a great play and did not look back for the ball till the last second. Hartline and Robskie make such a diffrence for us. The defense has to play a much tighter zone and cover so much ground when OSU goes into it's spread 4 or 5 wr set. Hartline and Robo not super stars, but good enough to make a defense think.