[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's 4:00 AM and I'm heading to the ER

The Angry Pirate

So I woke up this morning with an unreal pain in my lower right side-back....enter the Kiddney Stone. Having had 4 previously, I am a lucky guy, I was quickly able to self diagnois the situation, get dressed, hobble around looking for keys and find my insurance card. So there I am; clothed, keys, insurance card, EXTREME PAIN and what is the next thing I do....I stop at my laptop to set my line-ups. - I'm doubled over in pain, pecking in FF addresses on the keyboard, and debating whether or not to start Kitna or Eli without Plax and a great running game. It hits me. I'm addicted. Here I am with a kiddney stone at 4AM and I stratagizing over which players to start. Luckily for me, the ER did the normal workup with some great morphine and sent me home with some pain pills, all before kickoff. So now I'm wondering what lengths other addicted FF owners have gone to get their line-ups set on time. Let's here 'em because I know I'm not alone.

.enter the Kiddney Stone. Having had 4 previously

:D Water is your friend.

I stop at my laptop to set my line-ups. - I'm doubled over in pain, pecking in FF addresses on the keyboard, and debating whether or not to start Kitna or Eli without Plax and a great running game. It hits me. I'm addicted. Here I am with a kiddney stone at 4AM and I stratagizing over which players to start.

I am nominating you for that Chevy Tough Man award. Damn. :D

That's some damn fine dedication there.

We should enact a man law that if you are a fantasy football owner, and you have a severe pain from kidney stones, or some other ailment, that before you go into the hospital, you must set your lineups.

Man Law! :D

So I woke up this morning with an unreal pain in my lower right side-back....enter the Kiddney Stone. Having had 4 previously, I am a lucky guy, I was quickly able to self diagnois the situation, get dressed, hobble around looking for keys and find my insurance card. So there I am; clothed, keys, insurance card, EXTREME PAIN and what is the next thing I do....I stop at my laptop to set my line-ups. - I'm doubled over in pain, pecking in FF addresses on the keyboard, and debating whether or not to start Kitna or Eli without Plax and a great running game. It hits me. I'm addicted. Here I am with a kiddney stone at 4AM and I stratagizing over which players to start. Luckily for me, the ER did the normal workup with some great morphine and sent me home with some pain pills, all before kickoff. So now I'm wondering what lengths other addicted FF owners have gone to get their line-ups set on time. Let's here 'em because I know I'm not alone.

I have no stories that even come close to rivaling that one.

But how's about you shoot some of those pain pills my way? :D

Last year I was hospitalized with a flare-up of ulcerative colitis. They were giving me super doses of antibiotics which led to an infection called C-diff which had me in my own room under isolation. Plus 4 mg of Demerol every 4 hrs. I was right in the middle of 2 drafts and no PC access. I thought shiot, now what. Luckily I was able to talk my wife into filling in for me the next 8 days. I had to constantly call her giving her instructions on how to get to my league sites, how to navigate there and how to make my draft picks. She made no major mistakes,whew,as we all know how important drafts are. I made her tell me the available players come my picks and she was getting frustrated, but managed to get through it until I returned home.We had no laptop at the the time but since then my wife got me one in case such a scenario happens again, hooray illness, :D I managed to win over $600 last year and she was rewarded for her efforts during my absence. While one's health is very important so is football to us FF fanatics. I even jokingly one day told her when I'm gone to please put my laptop in my casket so I'll be able to check football from the pearly gridiron gates, :D Don't laugh, I'm sure some of you are just as fanatical about FF. Still, it just proves how great a game FF is and what lengths some of us will go to play the game we love.

:D

Opening day last year I had a umbilical hernia the size of a golf ball that had me doubled over..I set my lineups and told my wife im going to the emergency room..I told her I just wanted to watch the 1 oclock games until about 3..She was enraged..I watched until I couldnt bear it anymore..Drove myself to the hospital and 2 hours later I was under the knife...

Edited by whomper