[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how dumb are you if you don't start a kicker

alwaysrocking

who here would go any week without a kicker. My opponent has david akers and i guess he didn't want to drop anyone else this week or risk droping akers this week. I think he is dumb suppose i beat him by 10 or less points he will really be kicking himself no punn intended.

Most of the time you can drop your favorite kicker and just pick him back up the next week.

but why kickers are a dime a dozen. right now I am 15 points behind with a number of players playing right now including my kicker and his defense. I can see going without out running back if you have to one week because your stud rb is on a bye injures and such but man you can alway pick up a kicker I just don't get the logic.

Are rosters locked? In our league we lock ADD/Drops at 11 so waivers can run on Wed. Maybe he didn't get to make a move. A guy in our league started Akers as well...not sure if he ment to though...

I know obviously you can win without a kicker but why take the chance. actually in this league its pretty standard rules he could have easily picked up a kicker. oh well I would hate to miss the playoffs because i got beat because i didn't get a few points from a kicker one week. You never know what will be the difference you know.

LIsten to this he has an absolutly worthless tight end on his bench in jason gilmore of the bears. he's starting schockey. That seems like an easy decision drop gilmore and pick up a kicker. He aslo as 3 qb's 4 wide recievers etc. but that seems like the logical move. He is very active in the league so I really don't understand his decision.

i would go a week without a kicker if i had too many good players.

Exactly. I didn't have a contract I didn't want to give up for one. I've done it with TE's occassionally too. Often neither score a lot of points. It's a gamble, sure, but sometimes worth it.

Strategy.

maybe he thought your team offered no compitition

No I don't think so. My game is over I win 120 to 100. Now would him having a kicker made a difference no but suppose I had 106 to his 100 if he had a good kicker he would win and all he would have had to do is drop a worthless tight end. In our league it makes since now I understand in some of your you have a limit on moves you can make so i can understand that. But in this case I think he mad a dumb move.