[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pouring Salt into the Steelers Fans' Wounds

Czarina

I have to say I was a little surprised to see Bettis do that. Granted, they put him on the spot, and he's only telling the truth...but I expected him to couch it a little more. "They're not coming around, their season is over." Yipes.

:D

Priceless! :D

I have to say I was a little surprised to see Bettis do that. Granted, they put him on the spot, and he's only telling the truth...but I expected him to couch it a little more. "They're not coming around, their season is over." Yipes.

Oh come on now. Is there anyone seriously thinking that the Steelers have a chance at any type of post season? I forget which post game show said it but only one team has went to the post season after starting the season like the Steelers. Heck, even Muendo's predictions for the rest of the season are pretty bleak.

Oh come on now. Is there anyone seriously thinking that the Steelers have a chance at any type of post season? I forget which post game show said it but only one team has went to the post season after starting the season like the Steelers. Heck, even Muendo's predictions for the rest of the season are pretty bleak.

Well duh. The point was that it was Mr. Steeler.

I didn't see it but really it is pretty much the truth. :D

And for the record, I feel like it is rubbing salt. I don't have a problem with opinions and I don't have a problem with the opinions being based on fact and presented that way. To come back from a start like this would probably be a greater accomplishment then hitting the powerball. :D

What Bettis said was right on. He has been saying that this is a better team than they have been playing. However, they are as 'bad' as their record. They are far more talented then their record, but, 'bad' teams turn the ball over and give other teams opportunities. This seasons Steelers have given the ball away more than any Steelers team that I have ever seen. If they were losing because their talent level wasn't up to speed, it would be easier to take, but, they are losing because they can't take care of the ball. It is over. Even if they won out, which they won't, they aren't a sure thing for the playoffs. Maybe it is a brilliant plan to have a losing season and add a quality draft choice to the team.... :D:D

As for Ben, I know it is easy to see the stats and jump on board, but, he played a terrific game and I'm only upset about one throw (the forced ball on the blitz to Bailey. He needed to take a sack there). The last pick was on a desperation throw at the end of the game, and the 2nd was on a 3rd and long where he took a shot deep. He definitely made some nice plays out there as well.

As a Steeler fan, I'm obviously upset, but, it is difficult to get too down on this team, as they have been phenomenal to watch over the years. We have been spoiled, which makes this difficult to watch.

Actually, Bettis hinted about them being done the week before if they didn't win the upcoming game. The man is just calling it like most everyone else is seeing it. No bias - true professional. Unlike Michael Irvin :D

I think what he meant was: "The conditions of my agreement with Satan last year stipulated that in exchange for me winning the Superbowl and getting a lifetime supply of Big Macs and Vanilla Shakes, the Steelers would suck for the next 100 years."

I think what he meant was: "The conditions of my agreement with Satan last year stipulated that in exchange for me winning the Superbowl and getting a lifetime supply of Big Macs and Vanilla Shakes, the Steelers would suck for the next 100 years."

Now THAT was uncalled for. May the Jets suck for years to come, or, in other words, just continue doing what they've been doing for the past 35 years.

Now THAT was uncalled for. May the Jets suck for years to come, or, in other words, just continue doing what they've been doing for the past 35 years.

Not only was that uncalled for, but factually incorrect as well.

The Jets have sucked for 38 years, not 35.

How about how empty those stands were after Ward's fumble? My wife walked in the room and asked, "Why isn't anyone at the game?" because all you could see were speckles of people as the Steelers got the ball back. Looks to me like there isn't just a select few fans on here that have given up.