[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning

SLAYER

He is a POS. Don't lose too much sleep on him getting hurt. Frankly surprised NE signed him.

Very uncharacteristic # of mistakes last night by NE. Not that I'm complaining. :D Madden did get it right that NE should have just gone directly after the Colts w/o trying the misdirection/etc. esp should have run more.

He is a POS. Don't lose too much sleep on him getting hurt. Frankly surprised NE signed him.

Very uncharacteristic # of mistakes last night by NE. Not that I'm complaining. :D Madden did get it right that NE should have just gone directly after the Colts w/o trying the misdirection/etc. esp should have run more.

One thing the Colts have proved this year on run defense is that you don't have to trick them for them to have no idea where you're running.

One thing the Colts have proved this year on run defense is that you don't have to trick them for them to have no idea where you're running.

Oh they know you're running. It just doesn't matter because they tackle like girls. ie like D Sanders. GDB it.

Very uncharacteristic # of mistakes last night by NE. Not that I'm complaining. smile.gif Madden did get it right that NE should have just gone directly after the Colts w/o trying the misdirection/etc. esp should have run more.

I agree. How come nobody is talking about how Belichick was thouroghly out-coached? His gameplan was one of desperation from the start. Almost like the only chance his team had to win was to push the envelope. Example, Brady constantly threading the needle to the tune of four picks. Maroney looked good when he got the chance but why do that when you can play right into a Colts D that is built to stop the pass. Against the Vikings tough run D, it was an eccellent gameplan to just throw over the top of it. I am stumped as to why he though this could work :D

Stupid Belichick, always screwing with us fantasy footballers. Now the Colts will sit the starters come FF playoff time :D

oh..never knew that.

slightly off topic, do most other NFL teams share their stadium with other sports/events?

Pitt plays at Heinz Field, which is why their surface is often 'slippery' as well.

Funny you should mention that. This is a copy of an email I sent to my brother this morning:

So after watching the Pat's game last night, for the first time in recent memory, I have come to the following conclusion. The Patriots were out-coached. Period. One of the hallmarks of the Bellichick regime has been that this team is always put into a position to win every game. Last weeks Vikes trouncing was a great example. The coaching staff looked at the matchups and decided, we can throw on these guys. So what did they do? Went out and threw for 370 yards and 4 tds. Which brings me to last night. WHY THE HELL DID MARONEY AND DILLON NOT EACH HAVE 20+ CARRIES????? This D is soft and small. We should have lined up and smacked them in the mouth repeatedly. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable. The Colts give up 5.4 yards per carry!!! Jim Brown's career yards per carry is 5.2. So every RB who faces the Colts becomes better than Jim Brown. So what do the Pats do. They throw the friggin ball all over the field. They outsmarted themselves. They decided that they were not going to be able to stop the Colts O, and that their only hope of winning was to outscore them. The Pat's D played well. Well enough to win at least. Considering there were four picks, giving up 27 points to that team is playing well in my book. Even in the second half, they should have adjusted. 17-14 at the break and you come out on your first possession from the gun with four wides??? Are you kidding me?? I’m disgusted this morning. I now remember how it felt to be coached by Rod Rust and Pete Carroll and Dick McPherson and all the others. It makes me sick to my stomach to get outcoached in a very winnable game.

I'll get over it, but a very frustrating game to lose :D

Now that my Steelers dreams have been ruined, I really hope that the Colts can go all the way this year. Peyton Manning is easily the most skilled QB I've ever watched. He is more skilled than Marino, Elway, & Montana. I also think he is a good, stand-up guy. He has tons of pressure on him every week, and he is usually still able to perform. He WILL win a Super Bowl before his time is done, and I think it is going to be this year. It will be impressive too, because the Colts defense is not that great.

P.S. I also think Brady is phenomenal, but, he already has his rings. It's Peyton's turn.