[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady lovers/Brady Bashers thread

LooGie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 sacks and an INT Peyton. What an elite QB.

i dont know why i'm doing this. I know WaterMan is just an evil alter ego of a regular on here, but here goes anyway:

Manning:

17/30 287 yards 2td and 1int

Brady

16/27 157 yards 0 TDs and 2 Ints

edit: lol 16/28 157 0 TDs and 3 ints :D

Edited by LooGie

To be honest, Manning hasn't looked great. The falling shoulders, the frustrated looks and the mis-fires have shown up tonight. Still a good game overall, with 300 yds and 2 TDs.

i disagree completely. he was just smiling on that near INT when Wayne ran the wrong pattern.

i dont know why i'm doing this. I know WaterMan is just an evil alter ego of a regular on here, but here goes anyway:

Manning:

17/30 287 yards 2td and 1int

Brady

16/27 157 yards 0 TDs and 2 Ints

edit: lol 16/28 157 0 TDs and 3 ints :D

Oops, make that 4 INTs. :D But to be fair, only about two were his fault.

I really don't understand how the Pats lost this one. The Colts couldn't stop the run for crap, but the Pats inexplicably ditched the run in the second half. The Colts have had trouble rushing the passer all season, yet Brady doesn't throw a single TD. The Pats are the better team, yet lost at home.

As much as I respect Brady, he isn't Mr. Clutch without that dominant defense. Not even close. Take away that play-making defense and special teams and he's merely a really good QB. He's getting a taste of what Peyton's had to deal with his entire career.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Hmm. Which quarterback threw more picks tonight? At home? Against a bad defense?

Can you say, "PRESSING"?

But that can't be right. The unbiased people at ESPN clearly said that PEYTON was the choker. And they're ALWAYS right. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Oops, make that 4 INTs. :clap: But to be fair, only about two were his fault.

I really don't understand how the Pats lost this one. The Colts couldn't stop the run for crap, but the Pats inexplicably ditched the run in the second half. The Colts have had trouble rushing the passer all season, yet Brady doesn't throw a single TD. The Pats are the better team, yet lost at home.

I dont see how the Pats can be called a better team. I would say if anything, they're not as good as IND. Not because they lost, but if you compared the separate areas of the team, IND gets majority of the nods.

QB: Ok, say equal, but I would say Peyton (not even with this showing from Brady tonight)

WRs: INDY, clearly. by far

RBs: another toughy...gotta give the nod to NE, but it's pretty close

DEF: NE there..

:D hrmm..I guess NE is the better team here. With the exception of the receiving corps, NE is at least tied, if not better in the other areas. I wont even delete this paragraph, i'll go ahead and post it and take my lumps :bash:

As much as I respect Brady, he isn't Mr. Clutch without that dominant defense. Not even close. Take away that play-making defense and special teams and he's merely a really good QB. He's getting a taste of what Peyton's had to deal with his entire career.

You couldn't be more right. I think Brady really bought into his own hype being "as good as if not better than Peyton" and it's just not true. He pressed all night long and his def basically kept them in the game until they just couldn't keep up anymore.

Peyton is going to go down as the best QB in the history of the game, no question about it. He's really proven himself worthy of that title this year, however to cinch it..we all know what he needs.

Brady is still young and in true Brady fashion, he'll learn from this mistake tonight and probably capitalize on it like no other could.

on a side note, I was VERY impressed with Manning tonight when they brought up him and Unitas and he basically said he didn't want any part of that and just side stepped it completely :D

He's truly the epitome of class, and with the exception of Harrison (and LT), there's no other like him.

:D hrmm..I guess NE is the better team here. With the exception of the receiving corps, NE is at least tied, if not better in the other areas. I wont even delete this paragraph, i'll go ahead and post it and take my lumps :D

No need to take any lumps. NE's front 7 is MUCH better than Indy's. They did a fantastic job of shutting down the run in the second half and put lots of pressure on Manning. That ability to control the line of scrimmage (and Indy's inability to do it) makes them a better team, IMO.

Peyton is going to go down as the best QB in the history of the game, no question about it. He's really proven himself worthy of that title this year, however to cinch it..we all know what he needs.

Brady is still young and in true Brady fashion, he'll learn from this mistake tonight and probably capitalize on it like no other could.

I don't know about that. He's going to have to eclipse Marino and Favre, which means that he's going to have to play until he's at least 36 or 37. But he does have a legitimate shot.

After NE fails to advance to the SB for the next five years and "Clutch" Brady has more performances like he did last night and in Denver back in January, the morons in the media might finally realize that TEAMS (not individuals) win championships. On second thought, the pro-Patriots media at ESPN probably won't, but I can always dream. :bash:

Ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner! This is exactly right. NEs D was really dominant in their 3 SB wins with Brady. Now they've dropped off a bit and Brady isn't doing as well. They were thumped by the Broncos and Peyton pretty much had his way with the Pats D. The fact that Brady couldn't mount a come back against what has been proven to be a pretty marginal Colts D speaks volumes.

Oh, and I have no idea why the Pats didn't run the wheels off of Dillon and Maroney in the 2nd half. BBs genius us getting a little tarnished.

No need to take any lumps. NE's front 7 is MUCH better than Indy's. They did a fantastic job of shutting down the run in the second half and put lots of pressure on Manning. That ability to control the line of scrimmage (and Indy's inability to do it) makes them a better team, IMO.

I don't know about that. He's going to have to eclipse Marino and Favre, which means that he's going to have to play until he's at least 36 or 37. But he does have a legitimate shot.

Of course he needs to overthrow Marino and Favre, but Marino and Manning are actually quite similar. (on a side note, my father in law thinks Marino shouldn't have got into the HoF because he never won the big one and players as good as him should only get a solid gold tape measure. "Because all they got was yards" :D he's a DAL fan, so AIKMAN is mini-god. anyway...) and now that Manning/Harrison hold that Duo record i think the rest is inevitable. As far as being the most accurate, you have to give him that. He threads the needle CONSTANTLY and puts the ball in certain place it really has no business being able to get to, where only the receiver can get it.

After NE fails to advance to the SB for the next five years and "Clutch" Brady has more performances like he did last night and in Denver back in January, the morons in the media might finally realize that TEAMS (not individuals) win championships. On second thought, the pro-Patriots media at ESPN probably won't, but I can always dream. :D

the what?

... BBs genius us getting a little tarnished.[/color]

I think he's getting too smart for himself. over analyzing things. The whole world knew they were gonna run, so BB said "screw that, nobody is expecting us to throw, so I'll throw it all night"

of course, if it worked, he'd still look like the architect.

Edited by LooGie