[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robert Gallery

hooknladder

He can't block anybody. As the game went on, they were giving him help. I remember being disappointed that the Browns did'nt get him. What a bum.

Maybe they can make a Goonies 2. He can take over matuszak character... :D

terrible. if i'm art shell, i bench the entire offensive line next game. sign guys off the practice squad if you have to. that o-line is a f'n disgrace.

You're not goign to get an argument out of me from this. This line is horrible, Gallery especially, and they have some very hi drafted players on it after attemptign to address the issue years ago. They also have 2 all-time great O-Linemen coaching and guiding them, so for them to play like Pop Warner level athletes at this point in their careers is pitiful.

Add Robert Gallery to the list of media-hyped players that made horrible pros: Brian Bosworth and Mike Mamula come to mind...

As somebody who has hated Kiper and the ESPN hyped draft marketign machine for years now, I remember that pick and thinking "thank GOD they went with a sure thing, stable need and not some flash in the pan waste".

Show's what I know.

As somebody who has hated Kiper and the ESPN hyped draft marketign machine for years now, I remember that pick and thinking "thank GOD they went with a sure thing, stable need and not some flash in the pan waste".

Show's what I know.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger TVH.

I too thought he was going to be a sure fire stud for years to come & a cornerstone for your Raiders O'line...as did many Football fans. :D

A number of friends and I watched the game last night and we focused on Gallery in parts of the first half. Believe it or not, I think he's getting better. He seemed to actually move his feet at times! I saw a number of plays where he actually blocked the DE and held it! It was amazing. I really think his problem is coaching. If he was coached properly, I think he could be good.

My oldest younger brother (I have 3) is friends with Jake Grove. When I used to come home for the summers in my college days I'd hang out with Jake sometimes. I even fooled around with his girlfriend. I was always worried that he'd find out and give me a beating but one night he surprised me by asking me to get his girlfriend out of his hair for a little while so he could sneak off with this other chick. He ended up getting his car stuck at the bottom of a field at my parent's house qwith this other chick. :D I last saw him a month before my brother got married before he headed off to his rookie camp. My brother hung out with him a few times last summer. Dude looks like he'd be good, I don't know what the deal is.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger TVH.

I too thought he was going to be a sure fire stud for years to come & a cornerstone for your Raiders O'line...as did many Football fans. :D

+1

Very disappointing to watch Gallery...

I don't like the MNF crew, but they made a very good point... "He's running out of positions to play very fast."

But then again, if we take a look at the Raiders recent 1st round picks, its easy to see why they are where they're at...

2005 - Fabian Washington: Was projected to go 3rd round... Al Davis took him first because he runs a 4.2

2004 - Robert Gallery: Ugh

2003 - Nnamdi Asomuagh: Probably one of the few first rounders whose done anything significant, still struggles heavily as the starting CB though

2003 - Tyler Brayton: Decent DE, was drafted as an OLB... nothing special though.

2002 - Phillip Buchanon: Traded to Texans for nothing

2002 - Napoleon Harris: Traded to Vikings with a first rounder for Moss

2001 - Derrick Gibson: Sucks.

2000 - Janikowski: :D

1999 - Matt Stinchcomb: (See Robert Gallery)

If you look at these picks, not one of them is a stud. 9 first round picks, and very very little to show for it. There are no Deangello Halls or Larry Fitzgeralds in this bunch, who just come out the gate and make an immediate impact.

Hell, forget immediate, half these guys dont make an impact at all...

The problem lies with scouting the players, and the decision on the picks (Al Davis)

:bash:

Edited by kpholmes

Gallery was the #1 tackle on everyone's board. He looked like a beast coming out of Iowa. I still say, with some coaching, he could be good. Grove was also the #1 rated Center coming out of college. Man I can't believe this team is so bad!

Edited by NAUgrad

Gallery was the #1 tackle on everyone's board. He looked like a beast coming out of USC. I still say, with some coaching, he could be good. Grove was also the #1 rated Center coming out of college. Man I can't believe this team is so bad!

Gallery came out of Iowa

Gallery was the #1 tackle on everyone's board. He looked like a beast coming out of Iowa. I still say, with some coaching, he could be good. Grove was also the #1 rated Center coming out of college. Man I can't believe this team is so bad!

I think it's a pourus O-Line more than a team, 9 sacks a game does not give a QB time to do anything. I'm not making excuses, we suck hard this year, but the Defense is pretty fargin good. Say what you want about coaching, but the O-Line is coached by 2 HoF linemen. If Gallery can't learn any one of the 3 positions they have tried him at from those two, then he is an Uber Bust. Period.

Show's what I know.

Also shows how good of a coach Kirk Ferentz is. I hope that he gets an NFL HC job some day.

+1

Very disappointing to watch Gallery...

I don't like the MNF crew, but they made a very good point... "He's running out of positions to play very fast."

But then again, if we take a look at the Raiders recent 1st round picks, its easy to see why they are where they're at...

2005 - Fabian Washington: Was projected to go 3rd round... Al Davis took him first because he runs a 4.2

2004 - Robert Gallery: Ugh

2003 - Nnamdi Asomuagh: Probably one of the few first rounders whose done anything significant, still struggles heavily as the starting CB though

2003 - Tyler Brayton: Decent DE, was drafted as an OLB... nothing special though.

2002 - Phillip Buchanon: Traded to Texans for nothing

2002 - Napoleon Harris: Traded to Vikings with a first rounder for Moss

2001 - Derrick Gibson: Sucks.

2000 - Janikowski: :D

1999 - Matt Stinchcomb: (See Robert Gallery)

If you look at these picks, not one of them is a stud. 9 first round picks, and very very little to show for it. There are no Deangello Halls or Larry Fitzgeralds in this bunch, who just come out the gate and make an immediate impact.

Hell, forget immediate, half these guys dont make an impact at all...

The problem lies with scouting the players, and the decision on the picks (Al Davis)

:D

Whats sad is the Raiders could have had Leinart and Fitz, and passed on both. I think Huff will be a good player one day, but to pass on a franchise QB for him is nuts.

Just some of the talent they could have drafted:

2004 Draft:

2 2 Robert Gallery Raiders T Iowa

3 3 Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals WR Pittsburgh

4 4 Philip Rivers Giants QB North Carolina State

5 5 Sean Taylor Redskins DB Miami (FL)

6 6 Kellen Winslow Jr Browns TE Miami (FL)

7 7 Roy Williams Lions WR Texas

8 8 DeAngelo Hall Falcons DB Virginia Tech

9 9 Reggie Williams Jaguars WR Washington

10 10 Dunta Robinson Texans DB South Carolina

11 11 Ben Roethlisberger Steelers QB Miami (OH)

12 12 Jonathan Vilma Jets LB Miami (FL)

13 13 Lee Evans Bills WR Wisconsin

14 14 Tommie Harris Bears DT Oklahoma

15 15 Michael Clayton Buccaneers WR Louisiana State

16 16 Shawn Andrews

Whats sad is the Raiders could have had Leinart and Fitz, and passed on both. I think Huff will be a good player one day, but to pass on a franchise QB for him is nuts.

The NFL graveyard is filled with "future franchise players" like, Oh I don't know, GALLERY... :D

Plus I didn't realise Leinart was outperforming Walter... Give Walter a line, he could be real good. Huff is a great draft pick, so I don't see a problem here.

Plus I didn't realise Leinart was outperforming Walter... Give Walter a line, he could be real good. Huff is a great draft pick, so I don't see a problem here.

Agreed, it isn't over for Walter.

The exact opposite IMO, this is just the beggining. If he proves he can stick with it threw the bad times, he'll be the man in Oakland for a long time.

As much as the moronic crew of MNF wanted to put blame on Walter for last night, you can't. You can't expect a young guy to come in and play well against a solid defense when his offensive line isn't willing to keep him protected. You just can't expect that.

Yes, he's young and he makes mistakes, but he can also make the throws too. Randy Moss had 6-7 drops last night. Whitted dropped one for a first down. When Walter has the time, he can step up and make the plays.

The problem is the Offensive Line. Hands down. They are awfull. :D

My oldest younger brother (I have 3) is friends with Jake Grove. When I used to come home for the summers in my college days I'd hang out with Jake sometimes. I even fooled around with his girlfriend. I was always worried that he'd find out and give me a beating but one night he surprised me by asking me to get his girlfriend out of his hair for a little while so he could sneak off with this other chick. He ended up getting his car stuck at the bottom of a field at my parent's house qwith this other chick. :D I last saw him a month before my brother got married before he headed off to his rookie camp. My brother hung out with him a few times last summer. Dude looks like he'd be good, I don't know what the deal is.

Could you elaborate more about fooling around with his girlfriend. Would like to know more. Please!! :D