[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When is A. Brooks coming back?

FishFreak

I know you guys hate Brooks but as a Moss owner I'd love to see him under center ASAP. Andrew Walter is absolutely HORRIBLE! If the Raiders think he is their future then that franchise is even worse (if that's possible) than most people think.

Brooks was supposed to be out 2-4 weeks and now it's been like 7 weeks! Maybe he doesn't want to come back with that awful o-line. They are flat out embarrasing to watch.

I know you guys hate Brooks but as a Moss owner I'd love to see him under center ASAP. Andrew Walter is absolutely HORRIBLE! If the Raiders think he is their future then that franchise is even worse (if that's possible) than most people think.

Brooks was supposed to be out 2-4 weeks and now it's been like 7 weeks! Maybe he doesn't want to come back with that awful o-line. They are flat out embarrasing to watch.

I thought Brooks looked pretty good week 1. Mobile, athletic made some nice throws. His line was terrible. I think in 2-3 weeks he'll be back in.

As a Moss owner you obveously don't know what you're talking about.

Brooks made it a point to ignore Moss until he felt like passing to him.

Walter loves throwing to him.

Walter isn't terrible, the Oline can't block.

And if you're going to complain about Moss' fantasy numbers, don't blame the QB, blame Moss for all 6-7 of his drops last night.

Still it would be interesting to know when he is finally healthy. At the very least he would presumably be the backup QB in Oakland, and given how much punishment Walter is taking, he could see playing time even if he is not the starter.

I haven't seen any word on Brooks in a long time now.

Spoken like true Brooks haters. I really shouldn't have expected anything more.

I know Walter sucks and Brooks will boost Randy's numbers regardless what hopes and dreams Raider nation has for Walter. It's funny how Walter can absolutely stink up the joint and nobody says a peep and it's all the O-line's fault. If that was Brooks and he's been putting up Walter numbers, I think someone would have assasinated him by now! :D

Walters stats:

G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yard TD INT Att Yard

2006 OAK 8 6 86 183 47.0 1,091 3 9 13 30

He also has five fumbles and this guy had the opportunity to play against Cleveland, SF and Arizona! Brooks was basically sentenced to death facing SD and Baltimore the two first games with a lost team. Face it Walter is REALLY BAD, bring back Brooks and draft Brady Quinn.

I doubt that Brooks will ever be a starter again. He's regressed tremendously over the past few years and the Raiders have no reason to put him out there while they're rebuilding. He'll be cut at the end of the season and somebody will sign him as a backup.

I agree somewhat but he's an upgrade to Walter and I plan on getting something out of Randy Moss down the stretch (hopefully). Their offense is the worst I've seen EVER in my span of watching football.

Spoken like true Brooks haters. I really shouldn't have expected anything more.

I know Walter sucks and Brooks will boost Randy's numbers regardless what hopes and dreams Raider nation has for Walter. It's funny how Walter can absolutely stink up the joint and nobody says a peep and it's all the O-line's fault. If that was Brooks and he's been putting up Walter numbers, I think someone would have assasinated him by now! :D

Walters stats:

G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yard TD INT Att Yard

2006 OAK 8 6 86 183 47.0 1,091 3 9 13 30

He also has five fumbles and this guy had the opportunity to play against Cleveland, SF and Arizona! Brooks was basically sentenced to death facing SD and Baltimore the two first games with a lost team. Face it Walter is REALLY BAD, bring back Brooks and draft Brady Quinn.

Are you kidding??

You're looking at Walters' numbers. Not Moss'.

Compare Moss' numbers from when Brooks was there to Walter. Walter gives Moss the better stats.

Are you kidding??

Compare Moss' numbers from when Brooks was there to Walter. Walter gives Moss the better stats.

If you don't think Brooks will get Randy the ball you're wrong. Of Brooks 6 measly completions in game 1, Randy had 4 of them. Trust me, as a Moss owner his numbers would be better with Brooks.

Your basing your assumption on limited numbers. Brooks had one game and a quarter againt the Chargers and Ravens to get the ball to Moss. Walter has had 6 games and three quarters with Moss and has proven little outside of a gimme game against Arizona. Face it, Walter is the bottom of the barrell. It can't get any worse.

Walter is fine and you're misguided. Brooks is no better than Walter right now, even worse if you consider he is a vet.

If you don't think Brooks will get Randy the ball you're wrong. Of Brooks 6 measly completions in game 1, Randy had 4 of them. Trust me, as a Moss owner his numbers would be better with Brooks.

First of all have you watched any Raider games? Because as an Oakland homer and a Moss owner whose watched every game, and been to several, clearly Brooks won't help.

I really don't understand what you're missing. In the beggining of the season, Brooks clearly stated he would not force the ball to Moss, or go out of his way to get it to Moss and that it was rediculous for any reciever to expect the ball that much. He said he would throw it to Moss when he felt like throwing it to Moss.

And thats exactly what he did.

Walter is fine and you're misguided. Brooks is no better than Walter right now, even worse if you consider he is a vet.

I disagree with that. Brooks is better than Walter right now, although not by a whole lot. The difference, of course, is that Walter's ceiling is much, much higher.

I have no particular love for Aaron Brooks, he's certainly not a "team leader" the way Brett Favre or Tom Brady are. However, except for last year he was a fairly effective starting QB. In fantasy terms, you would be hard pressed to find a year before 2005 when he was not in the top 10 as a fantasy QB.

Andrew Walter looks very much like a backup QB. Not horrible, especially considering his lack of experience, but he's not very good either. Based on the playing time that Brooks did have, I would definitely say that he should start over Walter once Brooks is healthy again.

Are you kidding??

Brooks played half a game and ran for his life the whole time. Not enough time for any comparison.

First of all have you watched any Raider games? Because as an Oakland homer and a Moss owner whose watched every game, and been to several, clearly Brooks won't help.

Unfortunately, I've had to watch them three times in prime time. Again, Brooks has played in one full game and one quarter so how are you so sure what he can do? You've seen a much bigger sample of Walter who has been atrocious through six+ games. Let the dream go, he sucks.

I really don't understand what you're missing. In the beggining of the season, Brooks clearly stated he would not force the ball to Moss, or go out of his way to get it to Moss and that it was rediculous for any reciever to expect the ball that much. He said he would throw it to Moss when he felt like throwing it to Moss.

And thats exactly what he did.

The Raiders and Moss will be better off with Brooks. I know that's tough to swallow but it's the sad truth. Walter is inaccurate, turn over prone and hangs on to the ball waaaay to long. Are you watching different games????

Edited by FishFreak

I have no particular love for Aaron Brooks, he's certainly not a "team leader" the way Brett Favre or Tom Brady are. However, except for last year he was a fairly effective starting QB. In fantasy terms, you would be hard pressed to find a year before 2005 when he was not in the top 10 as a fantasy QB.

Well said. A sneaky truth most overlook. Because of his indifferent attitude and bonehead plays, he's just become a fan favorite to bash. Brett Favre has made about ten times more bone headed plays than Brooks but always gets a pass as the ol gunslinger.

Andrew Walter looks very much like a backup QB. Not horrible, especially considering his lack of experience, but he's not very good either. Based on the playing time that Brooks did have, I would definitely say that he should start over Walter once Brooks is healthy again.

Again, well said. Finally some logic!

I know that's tough to swallow but it's the sad truth. Walter is inaccurate, turn over prone and hangs on to the ball waaaay to long.

You've seen a much bigger sample of Walter who has been atrocious through six+ games. Let the dream go, he sucks.

You're right, we'll just put the label "Bust" on him after 6+ games and throw him in the corner with Reggie Bush... :D

Keeping in mind this is a young QB who, like any other young player will make mistakes, with one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history and Pro Bowl WR's that drop key passes and give up on plays, I don't think we can come to any conclusions such as "Bust" or "Clip-Board Holder" just yet.

And for the sake of the Raiders, a team that is in a dramatic rebuilding phase, I think going with the washed out veteran is foolish.

You might think that Moss will play better with Brooks, and I can't change your mind about that. I believe Moss will get more catches with Walter in the game, because he will always be looking for some talent to help him out of that collapsing pocket.

The truth is, whether you like it or not, Moss blows. And will continue to suck as long as he's a Raider. His career is going downhill fast.

As for Andrew Walter, his career is far from over.

Edited by kpholmes

Why not give Tuiasosopo a chance again? He was never really given a real chance to do anything, since he was pulled so soon. I think he would be a better option than Brooks or Walters at this moment. Let him finish the year and if he isn't the answer, go ahead and get a QB in the draft and dump all 3 QB's.

Tui struggled tremendously against the Jets last year when he got his shot... It wasn't pretty. And he always has struggled with the Raiders.

You're right, we'll just put the label "Bust" on him after 6+ games and throw him in the corner with Reggie Bush... :D

Keeping in mind this is a young QB who, like any other young player will make mistakes, with one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history and Pro Bowl WR's that drop key passes and give up on plays, I don't think we can come to any conclusions such as "Bust" or "Clip-Board Holder" just yet.

And for the sake of the Raiders, a team that is in a dramatic rebuilding phase, I think going with the washed out veteran is foolish.

You might think that Moss will play better with Brooks, and I can't change your mind about that. I believe Moss will get more catches with Walter in the game, because he will always be looking for some talent to help him out of that collapsing pocket.

The truth is, whether you like it or not, Moss blows. And will continue to suck as long as he's a Raider. His career is going downhill fast.

As for Andrew Walter, his career is far from over.

I never said Walters is a bust and I know Moss blows. I'm just making it very clear, Walters been awful thru 6+ games and Brooks would be an upgrade. All I wanted to know is when Brooks is coming back because Moss will put up better numbers with Brooks in the line-up. You had to go get all emotional about Walters like the misguided homer you are. No worries, I can respect that as a Dolphin fan. Sometimes we see what we want to see.

Why not give Tuiasosopo a chance again? He was never really given a real chance to do anything, since he was pulled so soon. I think he would be a better option than Brooks or Walters at this moment. Let him finish the year and if he isn't the answer, go ahead and get a QB in the draft and dump all 3 QB's.

Cuz Tuii\ is a key player already, and if they were to place him in the game, who would they get to hold the clip board and stir the Gatorade?

Walters is not the problem. A pourus O-Line is.