[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agent Pickup...

Savage Beatings

In a lot of leagues right now the KC Chiefs team Defense is probably scoring right around the middle of the pack and should be available on a lot of Waiver Wires.

Check out their schedule for the rest of the season:

Week 10: @MIA

Week 11: v.OAK

Week 12: v.DEN

Week 13: @CLE

Week 14: v.BAL

Week 15: @SDC

Week 16: @OAK (most FF Championships play this week)

Now, wouldn't you want your team to have the Chiefs Defense going against the Raiders Offense during your Championship game? I know I would. Not to mention some other matchups (including the Raiders again in week 11) that could yield some great defensive potential.

I agree with you about the Oakland matchup, but my experience this year is that KC is a much different team at home vs. on the road. Home games they seem to step it up a notch and away games they seem to struggle. They've been a frustrating defense for me this year. Which is why I dropped them!

Edited by NAUgrad

I agree with you about the Oakland matchup, but my experience this year is that KC is a much different team at home vs. on the road. Home games they seem to step it up a notch and away games they seem to struggle. They've been a frustrating defense for me this year. Which is why I dropped them!

They might not be an every week play, but if you've got the roster space, they are worth stashing away for those money matchups IMHO.

They might not be an every week play, but if you've got the roster space, they are worth stashing away for those money matchups IMHO.

Exactly what I have done and for good reason...it has also worked out very well for me thus far. Call me a homer...but I see great things ahead for this defense.

:D Are you crazy? Raiders AT Chiefs AFTER the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins? You know LJ and the KC offense is going to roll after last week's peformance.

But a rusty TrINT Green comes back to face a very solid Oakland secondary. Nothing crazy about that.

IIRC the chiefs have won the last 6 in a row against them and that the average margin of victory is 7pts or less. Chiefs D is a VERY good play this week. Raiders D....well that one's tough to call...but I can say the Chiefs have absolutely played 110% better at home.

Anyone else on board?

+1

i ditched the Falcons due to their injuries and their abysmal schedule down the stretch.

I also added the Jets... same thing with KC. they're coming on late in the season and has some pretty nice matchups for the FF playoffs.

they aren't D juggernauts but when the matchup is right they should be able put up pretty good FF numbers.

But a rusty TrINT Green comes back to face a very solid Oakland secondary. Nothing crazy about that.

BTW, Oakland pass defense statistics are skewed. Oakland's opponents are always playing with the lead and are just grinding the ball on the ground (Rush D = 26. Pass D = 3). And don't bring up last week against Denver. It's Jake Plummer for chistsake!

My opponent is playing KC D against me - that should all but guarantee a shutout and several defensive TDs. I have not been this sure of something since I predicted that SEA would shut out OAK on Monday Nite football to give me a 5 point loss.

Isn't waters still hurt for KC and Gonzales being hurt takes away another wideout...

Green also takes alot of time to get into a rhythm.....he's notorious for slow starts...

I like the Raiders D...even for just this week...

Will you still like them when Dante returns a kick for a score and LJ runs for 200 yards and 2 TD's? :D

Will you still like them when Dante returns a kick for a score and LJ runs for 200 yards and 2 TD's? :D

LJ is missing Waters and Gonzo when it comes to blocking and they run some 2TE sets, I believe...so this alters the gameplan some...plus you have your vet QB returning, who wasn't exactly lighting it up to begin with....

I think Oakland can be a very solid sleeper play in a likely low-scoring game...