[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Bell to be inactive?

RILETT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That HAS to be an incorrect interpretation. Damien Nash is a dud and Cedric Cobbs and Cecil Sapp would both get playing time before Nash ever would. Plus Mike Bell made inactive? This is the first I have heard of anything remotely like this.

There's a chance Nash could replace Mike Bell on the Broncos' game-day roster today. Tatum Bell is expected to start.

Where in the hell that came from I know not. Mike Bell is not on any injury report whatsoever. Tatum could start and play, but against the Raiders with bad toes - why run him anymore than neccessary with the Chargers coming to Denver next week?

That seems a shot out in left field.

His blog today said nothing either http://www.denverpostbloghouse.com/broncos...n-run/#more-154

That HAS to be an incorrect interpretation. Damien Nash is a dud and Cedric Cobbs and Cecil Sapp would both get playing time before Nash ever would. Plus Mike Bell made inactive? This is the first I have heard of anything remotely like this.

Where in the hell that came from I know not. Mike Bell is not on any injury report whatsoever. Tatum could start and play, but against the Raiders with bad toes - why run him anymore than neccessary with the Chargers coming to Denver next week?

That seems a shot out in left field.

His blog today said nothing either http://www.denverpostbloghouse.com/broncos...n-run/#more-154

I have to decide between M. Bell and Mahroney, I knew they brought Nash up from the practice squad, but the general feeling was Tatem would be out or limited, But there has to be something to it unless they meant Tatem instead of Mike, I don't no what the hell to think.

I don't know...Nash may have some potential if he ever gets a shot. He has good ability according to his NFL.com prospect profile: 5'10 220 is a good size, plus a 4.55 40 and an explosive burst. His very limited game-time stats have appeared to be good too. http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/nash_damien

Edited by Crazysight

I don't know...Nash may have some potential if he ever gets a shot. He has good ability according to his NFL.com prospect profile: 5'10 220 is a good size, plus a 5.55 40 and an explosive burst. His very limited game-time stats have appeared to be good too. http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/nash_damien

"plus a 5.55 40 and an explosive burst."

That's gotta be a typo, right Crazysight? :D

300+lb Lineman run faster 40 times than that. Shoot I can run faster than that & I'm over 40, carrying around a middle age paunch & smoke. No way anyone has an "explosive burst" with a 5.55 40.

I gotta think that this is inaccurate information. However, everyone should hold on until an hour before game time to see what the deal is. Personally, if Mike cannot go, I'm playing A-Train as my third RB. If you have another option to Mike, consider using him.

I don't know...Nash may have some potential if he ever gets a shot. He has good ability according to his NFL.com prospect profile: 5'10 220 is a good size, plus a 4.55 40 and an explosive burst.

From what I have heard of Nash, his toe condition may even be worse than Tatum's. Last I heard he was diagnosed with a pretty severe case of "Camel Toe"! :D

This will be fun one today......I just had the guy I am playing change his line up about 15 mins ago......He now has Tatum Bell starting.

It will be fun as the afternoon moves along to wait and actually hear the news of playing or not playing.....

Then once the game starts how much and how long he plays on that dual turf toe injury under real game conditions

Thats why we all love fantasy football

I said it in an earlier thread this week. I don't know how a RB like T Bell goes from pulling himself out in the IND game & being inctive last week with a turf toe on each foot to being an effective starter this week.

Klis is one of the old school Shanahan boot-lickers who reported anything Shanahan said, making it very easy for Shanahan to feed disinformation to public forums - obviously in the hope that other teams might pick up on it. If Bill Williamson from the Post or Jeff Legwold from the News had reported the story, I'd put a great deal more reliability on it - they really cover their information with several layers of verification.

Klis is just speculating on what is going on. I know T Bell has the turf toes, and I also know Cobbs has an ankle problem that had him deactivated until last week, when he was literally forced onto the active roster with T Bell's injury.

My speculation? I'd guess that M Bell carries the load and Nash is being activated to take the place of Cobbs, who made the injury list this week. The problem with that? I have no evidence to back my opinion up, just like Klis has none either other than Nash being promoted from the practice squad.

I do know this - Nash was not promoted at the beginning of the week. He was a last minute promotion. That smells like an injury replacement to me, and the only guys listed as injured at RB are Bell & Cobbs. I also know that M Bell had literally no running room last week as PIT completely dedicated itself to stuffing the DEN run & making Plummer beat them. That M Bell was able to turn some of those runs into 1 & 2 yd gains was a damn sight better than T Bell would have done running through that PIT wall at the line.

That said, I don't have any handle on additional information regarding which RBs will be inactive, which will start, and which will carry the bulk of the load today against a very soft OAK run D.

It seems like as the week progressed, Tatum has felt better or it has been reported that he has felt better. Both local papers say he's getting over his turf toes, which I feel is very hard to believe by the way.

I don't see how they could have Mike Bell inactive. If anything, they carry an extra RB on the gameday roster to ease the load on Tatum if he plays.

I would sure still love to have Mike be the guy this week and some FF rosters can change lineups up to game time so that is one to look at for sure.

Where are these writers coming up with this stuff?

News: Mike Bell could reportedly be inactive at Oakland Sunday. For the second day this week, the Denver Post reports "Tatum Bell is expected to start."

Impact: Damien Nash, signed from the practice team late Saturday night, has a chance to replace Mike, not Tatum, on Denver's game-day roster. Mike is in danger of not even dressing for the Broncos' afternoon game. (Sun. Nov 12, 2006)

Following up on a previous update. ... Despite his sore toes -- and the promotion of Damien Nash from the practice squad to the regular roster, Denver Post staffer Mike Klis reported late Saturday night that Tatum Bell is expected to start today's game against the Raiders.

And what about Nash?

According to Kils, there's a chance the 5-10, 220-pounder could replace Mike Bell on the Broncos' game-day roster today.

Which I'm sure makes as little sense to most of you as it does to me. ... Stay tuned. I'll continue to look for further details on this situation and pass along anything new as it comes to my attention.

In the meantime, I'll remind you again to check back in the hour leading up to this afternoon's kickoff for the official verdict.

Something else to consider is that M Bell hung 135 yds rushing on the IND D in one half. I'm not quite sure how a HC could be disappointed in a RB's performance when he is capable of those kinds of numbers, especially against OAK's run D.

:D Good info

It's pretty sad if Shanahan feels he needs to play games with the Oakland Raiders as the opponent, unless it's just Art Shell/Al Davis BS. This team is trying to make it to the Super Bowl and he has to play games like this? And that's IF he even said anything to the staffer...sounds like pure conjecture to me, and something that makes no sense with Tatum being slowed.

Tatum Bell, RB DEN

News: Numerous sources, including one close to CBS SportsLine.com, report that Denver RB Tatum Bell will start at Oakland in Week 10, and that RB Mike Bell will be listed as inactive for the contest. The team promoted RB Damien Nash from the practice squad for the contest, and it's expected he will spell Tatum Bell during the game.

Analysis: If you can help it, wait until an hour before the game to confirm this news before finalizing your lineup. If not, expect a great outing in Week 10 from Tatum Bell and nothing special from Mike Bell and Damien Nash.

but that's CBS talkin