[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Bell to be inactive?

RILETT

fan ball

Broncos: Mike Bell may be inactive

The News

The Broncos game of musical chairs at running back continues. Sunday's Denver Post reports that Mike Bell may be inactive for today's game against the Raiders and that Tatum Bell, who has been battling turf toe in both feet, appears ready to start. Moreover, the team promoted Damien Nash from the practice squad on Saturday and he could replace Mike Bell on the game-day roster. Nash rushed for 72 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries during the preseason for the Broncos.

Our View

Again, if we had five dollars for every time the Mike Shanahan did something inexplicable with his running backs, we'd be very rich indeed. Isn't this the same Mike Bell who lit up the Colts two weeks ago? Yeah, we know he didn't do jack last week in Pittsburgh, but no visiting running backs do well at Heinz Field. As for Nash, he's probably worth taking a flyer on in deeper leagues because, with turf toe in both feet, it's hard to fathom Tatum will play a full game the rest of the season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am going on record as saying unless i see Mike Bell made inactive i am starting him

I'm doing the same thing...although between this saga and now my boy Rudi being benched because he is a freaking moron I am beginning to believe that fantasy football is not good for my health...too much stress on a Sunday...the day of rest, right? :D

i am going on record as saying unless i see Mike Bell made inactive i am starting him

I own M. Bell in two leagues and I'm doing the same thing. Lucky for me, I have other options on those teams if he doesn't go.

I will NEVER draft Denver RBs again. I don't need this aggravation. :D

All this stems from one line from one writer in the Denver post - there is zero about this anywhere else and it flies in the face of everything that has happened up until today.

71 people in this thread... :D

Seems like many couldn't stay away from the Denver RB situation in the drafts. :D

71 User(s) are reading this topic (28 Guests and 4 Anonymous Users)

39 Members: FishFreak, loyalboyd, chipsjake, jao321, Bier Meister, Jackass, ridinthewake, Roadkill, theboxcutter, Cunning Runt, Ramhock, CopeDog, Brentastic, Snoil, WildeDisciple, Ursa Majoris, Catfish, Briskema, loaf, rcswildcat, bambamhome, bsr78, peepinmofo, Wolverines Fan, PiePuncher, TitansFan, Tally, timberho27, MrTed46, Mark5, Jumbie, Dudley Dawson, yuckmonkey, safoma, LegFuJohnson, Favreforlife, PaulOttCarruth, TwinTurbo, cliaz

71 people in this thread... :D

Seems like many couldn't stay away from the Denver RB situation in the drafts. :bash:

71 User(s) are reading this topic (28 Guests and 4 Anonymous Users)

39 Members: FishFreak, loyalboyd, chipsjake, jao321, Bier Meister, Jackass, ridinthewake, Roadkill, theboxcutter, Cunning Runt, Ramhock, CopeDog, Brentastic, Snoil, WildeDisciple, Ursa Majoris, Catfish, Briskema, loaf, rcswildcat, bambamhome, bsr78, peepinmofo, Wolverines Fan, PiePuncher, TitansFan, Tally, timberho27, MrTed46, Mark5, Jumbie, Dudley Dawson, yuckmonkey, safoma, LegFuJohnson, Favreforlife, PaulOttCarruth, TwinTurbo, cliaz

I'm there because I'm gloating over my decision to have nothing whatsoever to do with Denver RBs this season. :D

ESPN, who I guess has to be reliable, just said Tatum Bell was starting. Didn't mention anything about Mike, though, at all... so .....

so shanny doesnt give up any info all week long and 3 hours before game time we know who the starting RB will be...call me skeptical, i am still running Mike Bell out there unless something just prior to GT(like an inactive list) is put out there

I'd put Benson in if you can then...Rotoworld is reporting Mike Bell as inactive. Looks like they had that one right after all:

Mike Bell and Tony Scheffler are inactive for the Broncos Sunday.

Cedric Cobbs is also out of pads, meaning Denver will go with Tatum Bell and Damien Nash as their lone tailbacks. Fullback Cecil Sapp also picks up carries from time to time. But Tatum Bell currently appears to be a safe bet for quality playing time. Ian Gold, Patrick Chukwurah, and Ebenezer Ekuban are also out for the Broncos, as expected.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...ort=NFL&id=3770