[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notre Dame-USC

Muggsy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the outcome in this weekends Michigan / Ohio State game. Those two teams should play in the NC game because clearly they are the best two teams.

So you are suggesting that if it is a 21+ point victory by either team, there should still be a re-match? :D

Regardless of the outcome in this weekends Michigan / Ohio State game. Those two teams should play in the NC game because clearly they are the best two teams.

Isn't it amazing how much a perception of a team changes when they lose a game? The question of who should play in the NC has changed from week to week depending on which team loses. Missing in action over the past few weeks: West Virginia, Louisville, Texas, Auburn

This week potential teams that could lose support: Rutgers, Michigan, Ohio State , USC

Got to think Florida is safe this week playing against West Carolina.

Isn't it amazing how much a perception of a team changes when they lose a game? The question of who should play in the NC has changed from week to week depending on which team loses. Missing in action over the past few weeks: West Virginia, Louisville, Texas, Auburn

This week potential teams that could lose support: Rutgers, Michigan, Ohio State , USC

Got to think Florida is safe this week playing against West Carolina.

I'm sure they are catching heck for playing a game like that this late, I know it's going to hurt them this week. I'm sure Rutgers,Ark,and Notre Dame will move up some.

I'm sure they are catching heck for playing a game like that this late, I know it's going to hurt them this week. I'm sure Rutgers,Ark,and Notre Dame will move up some.

Sort of funny I didn't include the Hogs in my last post. It wasn't on purpose. Guess I'm not taken them seriously as a NC contender knowing they will lose to LSU the day after Thanksgiving. :D

Sort of funny I didn't include the Hogs in my last post. It wasn't on purpose. Guess I'm not taken them seriously as a NC contender knowing they will lose to LSU the day after Thanksgiving. :D

Ah, but RB - what if they don't?? :D

I would not want a rematch in any case it's just bad for college football in my opinion.

I am not trying to be confrontational but, I really would like an explination of why this would be bad for college football.

The point of the BCS is to get the 2 best teams in the country to play each other. In my opinon nothing has told me that Mich and OSU aren't 1 and 2. It would be a crime to not get the best teams in the country to the title game, espcially when it is pretty obvious that this is the case. The loss meaning more at the end of the season is BS. 1 loss is 1 loss, and the quality of the opponent should matter.

I think it would be great if the Big Ten got a rematch. It's what these two awesome teams deserve.

GREAT game between 2 great teams, but the question of who's better appears to be answered. No one knows for sure if a 11-1 USC team (assuming they beat ND/UCLA) is actually better than 11-1 Michigan, but I also think OSU beats UM 8 out of 10 times. Troy Smith has beaten them 3 straight times, and he'd probably do it again. Let someone else take a shot.

If there is a rematch and UM wins against the odds, all it proves is that a highly motivated team out for revenge can get a couple breaks that end in victory vs. a superior team. It wouldn't convince me that Michigan is better than OSU - the Bucks have the better coach and QB, and just know how to beat UM.

On the other hand, if a USC or FLA gets a shot and wins, maybe they are better and maybe the Big10 was not as tough as it appeared this year, compared to the SEC or Pac10.

Now if ND wins and Ark. gets beat by LSU or FLA, I think UM gets the rematch, by virtue of the big win over ND. And if ND wins and the Hogs beat LSU and FLA too, I think the big loss to USC hurts the Hog's chances; i.e. both ND and Ark will have suffered a blowout loss at home, whereas UM just lost by 3 at the Shoe.

FLA would have an outside shot, but I think they lose out by a nose to the Wolverines in the polls and BCS formula. But none of that matters for me until the showdown Saturday, so...

FIGHT ON, TROJANS!

I think at the very least, you should have to win your conference to have a place in the Nat'l Champ. game (Golden Domers aside of course, but that really is a non-issue this year since they are behind UM and lost to them). A 2nd place team should not play for the NC when there are 5 other conference champs.

I think at the very least, you should have to win your conference to have a place in the Nat'l Champ. game (Golden Domers aside of course, but that really is a non-issue this year since they are behind UM and lost to them). A 2nd place team should not play for the NC when there are 5 other conference champs.

When Michigan is better than those other 5 conference winners, they should play. USC simply sucks ass, they have beat no one, and todays loss by Arkansas will hurt Sc in the computers. Then if they lose to Fla in the SEC title, that will put that so called quality win on par with that of Cal. Throw in the fact Nebraska is going down again, tell me again, who has SC beaten.

Say this dreaded rematch does come about and Michigan wins. Are they really then the National Champs because they got their win in the game with the title on it? Both teams would have one loss, each coming from the other. The bottom line is Mich. has had their chance and came up short.

When Michigan is better than those other 5 conference winners, they should play. USC simply sucks ass, they have beat no one, and todays loss by Arkansas will hurt Sc in the computers. Then if they lose to Fla in the SEC title, that will put that so called quality win on par with that of Cal. Throw in the fact Nebraska is going down again, tell me again, who has SC beaten.

:D

really? please enlighten me on these glorious Michigan wins?? ND? here are the facts, I really don't give a f*ck if LSU took down Ark, or if Neb sucks. The fact is the Pac 10 was much tougher this year than the Big 10 - period, end of discussion.

Wins v. top 10 top 30

Mich - 1 3

USC 1 5 , if USC beats ND & UCLA these numbers will go to......

2 7 no brainer IMO

The fact you bring up USC not beating anyone is idiotic. They played the #3 schedule in the country you

dipsh1t. Michigan is the one who didn't play, or beat anyone.

really? please enlighten me on these glorious Michigan wins?? ND? here are the facts, I really don't give a f*ck if LSU took down Ark, or if Neb sucks. The fact is the Pac 10 was much tougher this year than the Big 10 - period, end of discussion.

Wins v. top 10 top 30

Mich - 1 3

USC 1 5 , if USC beats ND & UCLA these numbers will go to......

2 7 no brainer IMO

The fact you bring up USC not beating anyone is idiotic. They played the #3 schedule in the country you

dipsh1t. Michigan is the one who didn't play, or beat anyone.

:D The Pac 10 better then the Big 10???

The Big 10 will have 3 teams ranked in the top 5 in the final regular season BCS standings, while the Pac 10 will only have 1 in the top 18 or so. You sound as rediculous as Sarge with an dumbass. statement like that.

Schedule strenght is HIGHLY unreliable as we all know, look at the credit that was given to the Big East early this season. :bash:

The Pac 10 , once again is a one horse pony show with USC being the only solid team.

USC

Cal

Oregon St

vs

OSU

Michigan

Wisconsin

??? Come on, it's a no brainer the Big 10 has much more to offer this season. Cal would lose at least 3 games in the Big 10, while Oregon St. would barely break .500 in conference.

Edited by theeohiostate

As a college football fan with no rooting interest in any of the top teams, I'd like to see Notre Dame beat USC and I'd like to see Michigan and Ohio State play again in the National Championship Game. To me, that is the most interesting match-up. The fact that they have already played actually makes it more interesting to me as a football fan.

However, if USC wins today and beats UCLA they obviously deserve a shot at the title vs. OSU.

Florida has virtually no shot now. They needed Arkansas to have 1 loss, and even with that, they would needed to absolutely destroy Arkansas and really impress the voters, cuz they aint taking over Michigans spot in the computers. And keep in mind... Michigans computer points is gonna increase with Wisconsin moving up in the polls. They are floating upwards, and Michigan gains points in the puters that way too. So it's still possible USC might not even catch them. Notre Dame drops to 2 losses if they lose, depends on how far they drop in the polls too, and beating UCLA won't do a heckuva lot. We'll know after this week, if it's possible. If USC doesn't pass Michigan this week, it's pretty doubtful that they would after the UCLA game (which I think is gonna prove to be a bigger hurdle then this pathetic Notre Dame team)

:D The Pac 10 better then the Big 10???

The Big 10 will have 3 teams ranked in the top 5 in the final regular season BCS standings, while the Pac 10 will only have 1 in the top 18 or so. You sound as rediculous as Sarge with an dumbass. statement like that.

Schedule strenght is HIGHLY unreliable as we all know, look at the credit that was given to the Big East early this season. :bash:

The Pac 10 , once again is a one horse pony show with USC being the only solid team.

USC

Cal

Oregon St

vs

OSU

Michigan

Wisconsin

??? Come on, it's a no brainer the Big 10 has much more to offer this season. Cal would lose at least 3 games in the Big 10, while Oregon St. would barely break .500 in conference.

Yep- The Pac 10 is stronger top to bottom than the Big 10- and it ain't even close really. Pac 10 has been the highest rated conference all season. I have some serious questions about the Big 10, and I think the conference was mediocre, and that OSU is very good, Mich is solid, and Wisky? please- a complete joke they are as high as they are- they played no one and will get dummied in their bowl game.

PAC has 3 wins vs. top 10 comp(4 after ND).............22 vs top 30 (24 after ND/UCLA)

Big 10?? 3 vs, top 10,........................drumroll...........7, :D vs. top 30- not good and a direct result of the league being down.

I will give you OSU as being a clearcut #1- after that?? eh not impressed to be honest.

Yep- The Pac 10 is stronger top to bottom than the Big 10- and it ain't even close really. Pac 10 has been the highest rated conference all season. I have some serious questions about the Big 10, and I think the conference was mediocre, and that OSU is very good, Mich is solid, and Wisky? please- a complete joke they are as high as they are- they played no one and will get dummied in their bowl game.

PAC has 3 wins vs. top 10 comp(4 after ND).............22 vs top 30 (24 after ND/UCLA)

Big 10?? 3 vs, top 10,........................drumroll...........7, :D vs. top 30- not good and a direct result of the league being down.

I will give you OSU as being a clearcut #1- after that?? eh not impressed to be honest.

All i can say is "Wow!" . Man o' Man, your going to be very disappointed this bowl season with that point of view.

Just remember as you watch tonight's game. Michigan won by 21 points AT Notre Dame this season, no way USC even comes close to that, and they're at home.

Edited by theeohiostate

All i can say is "Wow!" . Man o' Man, your going to be very disappointed this bowl season with that point of view.

Just remember as you watch tonight's game. Michigan won by 21 points AT Notre Dame this season, no way USC even comes close to that, and they're at home.

1 game? cannot compare how good teams are off 1 common opponent like ND-

Fo sure- let's make a little wager on the bowl$$$$$?

As good as OSU/Mich are- you just cannot ignore the fact the rest of the 9 teams have 1 win vs. top 30 competition- that is all I need to know about the strength of the Big 10 this year............

As good as OSU/Mich are- you just cannot ignore the fact the rest of the 9 teams have 1 win vs. top 30 competition- that is all I need to know about the strength of the Big 10 this year............

I just hope you're prepared to eat your words come bowl season.

You are a complete ididot. The Big 10's top 3 teams would crush the Pac -10s best three. OSu over USC, Michigan over Cal, Wisconsin would beat every other team in this conference, including Cal. Penn St and Iowa would beat every other team in this conference outside maybe SC and Cal. And there isnt a team in the Big 10, Stanford could beat. So exactly where do you pull this sh*t you spew. For you to even suggest because the Big 10 didnt play more top opponents, the reason why the Pac-10 is better is a complete joke. Do you really think Arkansas, or Nebraska could beat Michigan. Seriously. You are a bafoon.