[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notre Dame-USC

Muggsy

Yeah, Ga Tech is REAL good. And wow, what a big 7 point win over Bobby Bowdens worst team since he started at FSU back in the freakin' 70's. Oh yeah, Clemson, I'm REAL impressed. ACC is a joke this year, and you know it.

So we start counting? SEC 3-0 / Big Ten 0-1 / ACC 0-3

4th ranked (BCS) SEC Florida goes into ACC Florida State (bowl bound) and gets the win

Unranked SEC South Carolina goes on the road & knocks off 24th ranked (BCS) ACC Clemson

Unranked SEC Georgia beats 16th ranked (BCS) ACC Georgia Tech

Big Ten Purdue (5th ranked in the Big Ten & bowl bound) is beaten by unranked WAC Hawaii (bowl bound)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh get over yourself. I clearly indicated that OSU deserves the top spot and also said that OSU and Mich may, in fact, be the two best teams as you guys keep saying. So please forgive me, oh downbeaten Buckeye fan for having the nerve to imply that they've been essentially playing in a vaccum this season.

Once again, unless you've gone toe to toe with other elite teams, how can anyone determine how good you are. That was the knock on Utah in 2004. I mean, why is Auburn the only team who gets to complain about not getting a shot at USC? Who knows how good Utah was?

BTW, my thread was less a knock on OSU and more one on Mich (and was frankly not even a knock on them). OSU may have skated on a rather easy schedule this year, but at least they've beaten everyone they've faced. That's all you can ask.

I'm being serious. I think USC should come in a +3 favorite. They have clearly played the better schedule and they have the defense and playmakers to turn this into a +10 victory...Think about it for a second the game is being played in Glendale, Ariz. that's pretty much homefield. I'm thinking at least a +3 favorite against the untested Buckeyes. Michigan(they have beat no one except a Wisconsin team that played nobody). OSU played that sorry Michigan squad and a very bad Texas squad. I see the Trojans as the true number 1 and the Buckeyes must play the game of their lives to compete with USC.

My Buckeyes are finally the underdog on a neutral field..(well Glendale is really USC home field advantage.)

I'm being serious. I think USC should come in a +3 favorite. They have clearly played the better schedule and they have the defense and playmakers to turn this into a +10 victory...Think about it for a second the game is being played in Glendale, Ariz. that's pretty much homefield. I'm thinking at least a +3 favorite against the untested Buckeyes. Michigan(they have beat no one except a Wisconsin team that played nobody). OSU played that sorry Michigan squad and a very bad Texas squad. I see the Trojans as the true number 1 and the Buckeyes must play the game of their lives to compete with USC.

My Buckeyes are finally the underdog on a neutral field..(well Glendale is really USC home field advantage.)

Think you might be given USC too much credit although your right about Ohio State not being tested. The last time they were tested don't think they covered at home vs. Michigan, right? There's likely only a couple of teams in America that would be favored over Ohio State and don't worry it's not Michigan or USC.

We'd have to be idiots to not notice that suds is dripping with sarcasm here....

Down boy - yes, your Bucks have been tested and proven with wins over Texas and Michigan;

USC lost a game to an unranked opponent, while your Bucks did not;

You have the Heisman-winning QB this time, not us; Ginn and Pittman are every bit the playmakers that we have in our WR/RB group;

No, AZ is not a homefield advantage - we can only claim the Coliseum and maybe the Rose for that;

If OSU is not at least a 3-4 point favorite, then the oddsmakers are making a mistake. Get ready for a good game, with USC as the obvious underdogs. And wipe the sh*t-eating grin off your face, cuz you're not fooling anyone....

Think you might be given USC too much credit although your right about Ohio State not being tested. The last time they were tested don't think they covered at home vs. Michigan, right? There's likely only a couple of teams in America that would be favored over Ohio State and don't worry it's not Michigan or USC.

I would have to check to be sure, however OSU has covered 13 out of the last 15...I think...I know at one point this season OSU covered last 12 which runs into the 05 season and yes they did not cover the 7.5 against Michigan...However that was a suckers bet considering the last 3 Michigan games had been battles...I believe and again this is off the top of my gambling head that the dog has won like 8 out of the last 10(OSU vs Mich) and for you gamblers I think it was 8 road dogs out of 10...AGAIN this is off the top of my head and if some one wants to research it...God knows I won't...That would be interesting see how close I was..I do think I'm close....The road dog thing might be off, but I believe I either read this or was told this another gambler.

We'd have to be idiots to not notice that suds is dripping with sarcasm here....

Down boy - yes, your Bucks have been tested and proven with wins over Texas and Michigan;

USC lost a game to an unranked opponent, while your Bucks did not;

You have the Heisman-winning QB this time, not us; Ginn and Pittman are every bit the playmakers that we have in our WR/RB group;

No, AZ is not a homefield advantage - we can only claim the Coliseum and maybe the Rose for that;

If OSU is not at least a 3-4 point favorite, then the oddsmakers are making a mistake. Get ready for a good game, with USC as the obvious underdogs. And wipe the sh*t-eating grin off your face, cuz you're not fooling anyone....

I think I make a pretty good argument...What's even better I think alot of people in America after USC smashes UCLA will also start going this direction...OSU has a 50 day layoff...50 days is a long time to sit. USC will be said to have the better defense...OSU has a edge with Smith over Booty but that is it. USC playmakers Jarrett,Smith,Fred Davis(Ohio native trader) and a better running game a better more experienced defense including the dbs who shut down Jeff last Saturday. The game is played much closer to California. Yes..OSU has Ginn,Pttman,Smith, Chris Wells however OSU has not faced a run defense like USC...I mean Michigan gave up a 52 yarder to Pittman and 56 yarder to Wells...Good god how good can their run defense be. I have to think with no doubt USC should be the favorite...I say even with Glendale being closer +3 USC...Carrol has been there alot more than Tress as well...to make things worse OSU db's are very young and Jarret plays his best games on the big stage.

Edited by sacosud

I would have to check to be sure, however OSU has covered 13 out of the last 15...I think...I know at one point this season OSU covered last 12 which runs into the 05 season and yes they did not cover the 7.5 against Michigan...However that was a suckers bet considering the last 3 Michigan games had been battles...I believe and again this is off the top of my gambling head that the dog has won like 8 out of the last 10(OSU vs Mich) and for you gamblers I think it was 8 road dogs out of 10...AGAIN this is off the top of my head and if some one wants to research it...God knows I won't...That would be interesting see how close I was..I do think I'm close....The road dog thing might be off, but I believe I either read this or was told this another gambler.

Well there goes rockers theory that oddsmakers should determine #1 and #2.

I think I make a pretty good argument...What's even better I think alot of people in America after USC smashes UCLA will also start going this direction...OSU has a 50 day layoff...50 days is a long time to sit. USC will be said to have the better defense...OSU has a edge with Smith over Booty but that is it. USC playmakers Jarrett,Smith,Fred Davis(Ohio native trader) and a better running game a better more experienced defense including the dbs who shut down Jeff last Saturday. The game is played much closer to California. Yes..OSU has Ginn,Pttman,Smith, Chris Wells however OSU has not faced a run defense like USC...I mean Michigan gave up a 52 yarder to Pittman and 56 yarder to Wells...Good god how good can their run defense be. I have to think with no doubt USC should be the favorite...I say even with Glendale being closer +3 USC...Carrol has been there alot more than Tress as well...to make things worse OSU db's are very young and Jarret plays his best games on the big stage.

You know what, you're right sac! Ohio State stands no chance.

Well there goes rockers theory that oddsmakers should determine #1 and #2.

Not sure how sacosud comments disappoves my theory that oddsmakers should determine #1 and #2? :D In fact with all kiddin aside fairly confident his comments support my case and Ohio State will be favored over any team they matchup against in the NC. The question remains which team still in contention to play in the NC would be the least underdog? I personally think if USC beats UCLA they would be the team mostly likely to receive the least amount of points as an underdog, followed by Michigan and then the Gators. Now the order could change and even flip flop depending on the outcomes of this weekend's games. One thing that won't change is that the Buckeyes will be favored.

Edited by Rockerbraves

yes they did not cover the 7.5 against Michigan...However that was a suckers bet considering the last 3 Michigan games had been battles...

Sacosud excuse me, but the only way this would have been classified as a sucker bet is if Ohio State covered. Based off the stats you are giving the sucker side of this bet would have been taking the favorite and laying the overly generous 7 1/2 points.

To Ohio State's credit if there were such a thing as a top ten ranking for teams based off of beating the spread Ohio State would certainly be right up there. Little question they have earned the respect of those who gamble on college football. :D

Sacosud excuse me, but the only way this would have been classified as a sucker bet is if Ohio State covered. Based off the stats you are giving the sucker side of this bet would have been taking the favorite and laying the overly generous 7 1/2 points.

To Ohio State's credit if there were such a thing as a top ten ranking for teams based off of beating the spread Ohio State would certainly be right up there. Little question they have earned the respect of those who gamble on college football. :D

It'd be a suckers bet to Ohio State fans that think there team is the greatest of all time, or for that matter anyone who thought Ohio State was THAT much better than Michigan.