[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan / OSU

chiefjay

Oh how deep my sickness runs. Just watched X-Men 3 (don't get to watch movies often). This of all weeks. Had to stop it before the end. Just cannot see a Wolverine win. I'll finish it next week.

Definitely should be a classic. GO BUCKS!!!

Hoping for a great** game on Saturday.

**Dingleberries definition of a great game, when Buckeyes are involved, 42-10.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Johnny was in his 5th grade class when the

teacher asked the children what their fathers did for

a living. All the typical answers came up --- fireman,

policeman, salesman, etc...

Little Johnny was being uncharacteristically quiet and

so the teacher asked him about his father. "My

father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes

off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if

the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley

with some guy and make love with him for money." The

teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly

set the other children to work on some coloring, and

took Little Johnny aside to ask him, "Is that really

true about your father?

"No," said Little Johnny, "He coaches Michigan

football, but I was too embarrassed to say that in

front of the other kids."

I remember the 1996 game. I of course am a Michigan fan and at the time was living in the Cleveland area working at a local bank in the collections dept. surrounded by Buckeye fans, one in particular, Gust something or other. Our 3 loss team walked in to Ohio Stadium and stole a victory and prevented the Bucks from winning the NC. The next year we won the NC. That f'r Gust still owes me a Michigan hat as part of our bet. High stakes indeed.

Good times. Good times.

It's strength vs strength - OSU's superior offense vs UM's nails-tough defense. I think OSU wins that matchup by a smidge.

But I think UM's offense can exploit OSU's good-not-great defense as well.

Has all the makings of a classic. Unfortunately for UM, Tressell seems to have Carr's number, making me lean towards OSU - remember all those years Coop would show up to The Game with a 10-0, 9-1 team in the title hunt, LOADED with NFL prospects, and get smacked down? That's what Tressell does to Carr on a yearly basis.

So how does a nails-tough D allow more than 10 points in a game 6 out of 11 games when a good-not-great defense allows more than 10 points in a game 2 out of 11 games?

Also, did you see the stats on how many points OSU has gotten off of opponents turnovers last week ... 20-some turnovers and over 100 points off of those, as opposed to OSU's opponents getting 0 points off of OSU's foibles. That stat is rediculous.

So how does a nails-tough D allow more than 10 points in a game 6 out of 11 games when a good-not-great defense allows more than 10 points in a game 2 out of 11 games?

Also, did you see the stats on how many points OSU has gotten off of opponents turnovers last week ... 20-some turnovers and over 100 points off of those, as opposed to OSU's opponents getting 0 points off of OSU's foibles. That stat is rediculous.

I guess we'll find out Saturday.

What does the average University of Michigan student get on his SAT? Drool

:D

TOSU responding with laughter, how lame is that. Sheesh.

You probably laughed at the Mickey D's joke in the tailgate too like it was the first time you had ever heard of it.

Here's one for the UM fans. Try to contain your laughter though and feel free to post this :bash: if you do laugh out loud.

How do you get a Buckeye off of your porch? You pay him for the Pizza. Man that was funny. I can't contain my laughter. :D

Not sure how anyone can make this claim. Michigan is one of the premeire programs in the country, with tons of talent. There might be certain positions where Ohio State has the advantage, but make no mistake, Michigan has plenty of talent.

preach on!

sincerely

Maurice Clarett, the world's most dnagerous criminal

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer

I'm a huge Ohio State fan but I am going to be taking the points this weekend. This game really reminds me of the national championship game last year with Texas and USC. I made the mistake and piled on USC, thinking they will blow them out. OSU should win a close and good one.

i'm your huckleberry!

What ya' got in mind? Sig bet until after OSU wins the NC game this season?

yes, sig bet until the Championship Game when we may have another Sig Bet until the Super Bowl but we'll wait on that. Of course that could be 2+ months of my sig line for you but I think you can handle it.

What kills me is the biggest game of the year but no Prime Time? What's f'kin up with that? I have to work Saturdays and was hoping I could make it home and watch the complete game. :D And, no I have no Tivo or any other means to record. :D Here's to the schedule makers for not changing the game to prime time..... :bash:

What kills me is the biggest game of the year but no Prime Time? What's f'kin up with that? I have to work Saturdays and was hoping I could make it home and watch the complete game. :D And, no I have no Tivo or any other means to record. :D Here's to the schedule makers for not changing the game to prime time..... :bash:

OSU would have been very against this game going to primetime. The game itself as always been a 12 noon or 1:00 kickoff. OSU fans with all day to booze up in the game of the century as it's being titled here in Columbus that would be bad for any type of burnable object on campus. That sucks your not able to view the complete game.